R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   New MBX6 Driver (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/329990-new-mbx6-driver.html)

XXX8ight 09-23-2009 07:48 AM

New MBX6 Driver

Drove my new MBX6 for the first time yesterday with a freshly broken in OS Vspec. I thought i would never venture away from Losi but after yesterday there are only 2 words that describe the MBX6. BAd @SS!!!

I questioned its durability at first but it held up GREAT! I had a couple of incidents where i thought i broke my car but it was still as straight as an arrow. As for wear.... the car looks almost new after approximately 4 hours of track time. In my 8ight 2.0, i would have had to tighten up screws and the chassis would have worn down at least a millimeter.

Needless to say after experiencing the durability and handling of the Mugen MBX6 i am hooked.

nccattu 09-23-2009 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by XXX8ight (Post 6382075)
Drove my new MBX6 for the first time yesterday with a freshly broken in OS Vspec. I thought i would never venture away from Losi but after yesterday there are only 2 words that describe the MBX6. BAS @SS!!!

I questioned its durability at first but it held up GREAT! I had a couple of incidents where i thought i broke my car but it was still as straight as an arrow. As for wear.... the car looks almost new after approximately 4 hours of track time. In my 8ight 2.0, i would have had to tighten up screws and the chassis would have worn down at least a millimeter.

Needless to say after experiencing the durability and handling of the Mugen MBX6 i am hooked.

i felt the exact same way and my mugen has done nothing but get better every weekend your gonna love it even more after about a month welcome to the mugen revolution bro :sweat: lol

allan42r 09-23-2009 10:08 AM

i know the losi guys love starting a new thread for every question but use the mbx6 thread. you'll get more out of it.

jpz_67 09-23-2009 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by XXX8ight (Post 6382075)
Drove my new MBX6 for the first time yesterday with a freshly broken in OS Vspec. I thought i would never venture away from Losi but after yesterday there are only 2 words that describe the MBX6. BAS @SS!!!

Its pretty sweet huh! :nod:
Mbx6 with a v-spec is my ride also and I enjoy it too. :cool:

gameholic2 09-23-2009 11:35 AM

I'm glad you like the Mbx6 I myself made thes witch from the 8 2.0 to the 6. At first i had a bit of trouble adapting but this was in part due to my familiarity with the 8 and the fact that i would set the car so it would handle like the 8 untill the day i released my suspension droop and tried some heavier oils in the shocks and diffs.
Now my car never gets upset no matter how ackward my land landings are!! not to mention i blat by full throttle in some areas where other cars can't even go half throttle lol
At my local track only 3 guys use the 6 in a sea of losi's and 808's the 6 is our little secret ;)
hint don't let anyone drive your car they will most likely get one the next week!

XXX8ight 09-23-2009 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by allan42r (Post 6382560)
i know the losi guys love starting a new thread for every question but use the mbx6 thread. you'll get more out of it.

I wanted to start this thread because when i was debating the switch i couldn't find a good convincing thread for the 6. Everything i found was along the lines of "Its all preference, they have their goods and bads"

RBMike 09-23-2009 12:54 PM

I strayed from Mugen for 2 years. In that time I was disappointed with the first the Losi (1.0), then the AE RC8 (A), then the D8. I came back to Mugen for the X6 & in the last year I've asked myself over & over again why I stop with Mugen in the first place. I've driven the 2.0 & it is better than the 1.0 but I like the feel and everthing else about the Mugens better. Those other buggies are good but everyone has to have a favorite.

Mine is Mugen