Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
New MBX6 Driver >

New MBX6 Driver

New MBX6 Driver

Old 09-23-2009, 07:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 47 (98%+)
Default New MBX6 Driver

Drove my new MBX6 for the first time yesterday with a freshly broken in OS Vspec. I thought i would never venture away from Losi but after yesterday there are only 2 words that describe the MBX6. BAd @SS!!!

I questioned its durability at first but it held up GREAT! I had a couple of incidents where i thought i broke my car but it was still as straight as an arrow. As for wear.... the car looks almost new after approximately 4 hours of track time. In my 8ight 2.0, i would have had to tighten up screws and the chassis would have worn down at least a millimeter.

Needless to say after experiencing the durability and handling of the Mugen MBX6 i am hooked.

Last edited by XXX8ight; 09-23-2009 at 01:05 PM.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:05 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by XXX8ight
Drove my new MBX6 for the first time yesterday with a freshly broken in OS Vspec. I thought i would never venture away from Losi but after yesterday there are only 2 words that describe the MBX6. BAS @SS!!!

I questioned its durability at first but it held up GREAT! I had a couple of incidents where i thought i broke my car but it was still as straight as an arrow. As for wear.... the car looks almost new after approximately 4 hours of track time. In my 8ight 2.0, i would have had to tighten up screws and the chassis would have worn down at least a millimeter.

Needless to say after experiencing the durability and handling of the Mugen MBX6 i am hooked.
i felt the exact same way and my mugen has done nothing but get better every weekend your gonna love it even more after about a month welcome to the mugen revolution bro lol
Old 09-23-2009, 10:08 AM
Tech Elite

i know the losi guys love starting a new thread for every question but use the mbx6 thread. you'll get more out of it.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by XXX8ight
Drove my new MBX6 for the first time yesterday with a freshly broken in OS Vspec. I thought i would never venture away from Losi but after yesterday there are only 2 words that describe the MBX6. BAS @SS!!!

Its pretty sweet huh!
Mbx6 with a v-spec is my ride also and I enjoy it too.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:35 AM
Tech Regular

I'm glad you like the Mbx6 I myself made thes witch from the 8 2.0 to the 6. At first i had a bit of trouble adapting but this was in part due to my familiarity with the 8 and the fact that i would set the car so it would handle like the 8 untill the day i released my suspension droop and tried some heavier oils in the shocks and diffs.
Now my car never gets upset no matter how ackward my land landings are!! not to mention i blat by full throttle in some areas where other cars can't even go half throttle lol
At my local track only 3 guys use the 6 in a sea of losi's and 808's the 6 is our little secret
hint don't let anyone drive your car they will most likely get one the next week!
Old 09-23-2009, 12:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 47 (98%+)

Originally Posted by allan42r
i know the losi guys love starting a new thread for every question but use the mbx6 thread. you'll get more out of it.
I wanted to start this thread because when i was debating the switch i couldn't find a good convincing thread for the 6. Everything i found was along the lines of "Its all preference, they have their goods and bads"
Old 09-23-2009, 12:54 PM
Tech Master

I strayed from Mugen for 2 years. In that time I was disappointed with the first the Losi (1.0), then the AE RC8 (A), then the D8. I came back to Mugen for the X6 & in the last year I've asked myself over & over again why I stop with Mugen in the first place. I've driven the 2.0 & it is better than the 1.0 but I like the feel and everthing else about the Mugens better. Those other buggies are good but everyone has to have a favorite.

Mine is Mugen