R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   should i? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/329873-should-i.html)

flippz 09-22-2009 06:53 PM

should i?

should i have a return spring on my carb? i run an os v-spec with a specktrum radio. i cant figure a good way to run the spring so should i get a fail safe? any info will be appreciated

Quad Racer 34 09-22-2009 06:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
for my throttle return spring, i connect it to the pipe spring, and then connect the other end to the carb slide by taking out the little set screw at the end of the slide and put in an actual screw to hold the spring on. it works for me. ill post a pic.

EDIT: heres the pic. i use this on both of my motors

Zerodefect 09-22-2009 06:58 PM

I thought Specs had failsafes built in??????

still, a failsafe ain't going to help if your battery falls off during a race. (I hate when that happens) I use two black hairband rubber bands.

DPowers 09-22-2009 06:58 PM

i would run a spring or a rubberband you never now when the failsafe might night work.

flippz 09-22-2009 07:06 PM

yeah i run the rubber band also but after the heat and the cleaning it breaks and i dont realize it. i like the idea of removing the screw,didnt know you could do that....ill be looking for pics

thanks

cary 09-22-2009 07:08 PM

goodys ouchless hair bands get then at walmart cheap

Jason Pelletier 09-22-2009 07:09 PM

Yo get the GMK supply silicone orings for the carb they are like 2 bucks. awesome can barely see them and they work great. You can get them from amain i think and gmksupply.com

wingracer 09-22-2009 07:10 PM

Yes use something. No failsafe is ever going to help if the throttle linkage breaks or falls off. The rubber boot will hold it open at half throttle without a rubber band or spring or hair band or something.

flippz 09-22-2009 07:22 PM

the other thing i worry about is the tightness of the rubber band,i tested the spring of my other motor and losi return springs and they are about 40% softer but still work. i just worry the rubber band will burn up the servo pulling on the rubber band

wingracer 09-22-2009 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by flippz (Post 6380118)
the other thing i worry about is the tightness of the rubber band,i tested the spring of my other motor and losi return springs and they are about 40% softer but still work. i just worry the rubber band will burn up the servo pulling on the rubber band

If you are using a servo with enough torque to provide good brakes, no rubber band is going to hurt it. If you are using some cheapo RTR servo, it's not going to last long anyway so don't let it destroy your car along with itself.

Jason Pelletier 09-22-2009 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by flippz (Post 6380118)

the gmk orings. you will thank me and gmk. I put to on you can do more. they are thin black silicone soft rubberbands.

flippz 09-22-2009 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by wingracer (Post 6380168)
If you are using a servo with enough torque to provide good brakes, no rubber band is going to hurt it. If you are using some cheapo RTR servo, it's not going to last long anyway so don't let it destroy your car along with itself.

i run a good futaba servo for brakes,just dont want to ruin it

Originally Posted by RB FIVE (Post 6380208)
the gmk orings. you will thank me and gmk. I put to on you can do more. they are thin black silicone soft rubberbands.

yeah i looked them up i will order some after i race this week end

thanks for the info and pics guys really helps

MaTt 93 09-22-2009 11:39 PM

I use the little bands that i put on my Braces:) And best off all there FREE !!