R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 09-22-2009, 10:53 AM   #1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default Best Pipe for Sirio EVO 4 STi

Hi guys & gals I am trying to figure out which of the three pipes I have will be the best combination for power, torque, and fuel mileage for my Jammin X-1 Truggy..

I have a JP3 hard coat, a Sirio 2013, and Extech Big Boy.. This engine got 7minutes easily with the JP3 on my last day of racing. With the JP3 it had a ton of top end, and good bottom endm but not over the top, the engine was very fluid, and had no snapy power areas.. I had the Sirio Given to me when I bought this engine, but I didn't have a Manifold for it. I picked up the Big Boy Pipe at a great price, so I couldn't pass it up. Now I have a manifold that will work with either the 2013 or the Big Boy Pipe.

Also I am running OFNA 3 shoe clutch with blue shoes and an Ofna 35mm flywheel. A 13 tooth or a 14 tooth CB with the Stock Jammin Ferris Wheel Spur gear (64t?) and stock diff gearing. Along with MTR tires.

What are your experiences? Given the Knowledge base on this site, what is the best of the three pipes to use? Keep in mind my Truggy weighs in at 12lbs full of fuel and race ready.

Thanks in advance..
Old 09-22-2009, 11:22 AM   #2
Tech Regular

The 2013 is widely regarded as the best pipe for Sirio based engines.
You have nothing to loose try all of them and pick the one that works best for you.
gameholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 12:48 PM   #3
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to supralative Send a message via Yahoo to supralative

2013 is going to give you alot of power.
I like that pipe on a RB WS7II 3X.
Big Boy is suppose to smooth power out and give some extra run time...same goes for the 2057 supposedly.
Never ran a JP3 so not sure on that one.
supralative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 10:00 PM   #4
Tech Elite

Thanks for the info guys. I am leaning toward the 2013 because of the word of mouth about it when bolted to a sirio motor.. The JP3 is a an excellent all around pipe, and I know it works well with this engine. I am prolly going to use the 2013 for my next race and see how it goes.. The JP3 was a little soft on bottom, but i was fighting I slight lean condition on bottom also, so hard to say if that might have been the cause..

Thanks for the info, and hope to get some more input on this too..
Old 09-23-2009, 12:39 PM   #5
Tech Elite

Bump.. Still looking for actual experience..
Old 09-23-2009, 12:52 PM   #6
Tech Rookie

my friend that i race with runs that motor and hes in the same boat trying to find a pipe that works a couple sirio guys said that motor needs a bottom end pipe to get that motor to work right and im not sure what they run but they were sort pipes and those motors were great if i find out what pipes they were ill post them up
bumper08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 01:50 PM   #7
Tech Addict

i have a sirio evo 4 sti. i run a 2013 pipe set. it has great bottom to top. it is perfect for truggy. My buggy hot bodies d8 is very heavy and moves it well. I think the 2056 big boy will give u better milage ,but u will lose low end.I get about 8.30 min on a 8 mm insert on a very big track with a 200 foot straight.the 2013 sound cool also.
v6shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 02:17 PM   #8
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i got a sirio evo2 with the sirio 2057 not the big boy, the regular one.
I know i isn't the same engine but they are similar and i got about 8.5mins on it tho it's a little saggy on the bottom, not much......just controllable
Ps. i'm driving a buggy, i think the 2057 would have to low bottom on a truggy...
/Martin

Btw, a little ot but.... What plug do you run in this engine? i have been running a os p6 i mine and i know it's way to cold... anyone know how a p3 would work? to hot? p4?
Martin.S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 02:17 PM   #9
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumper08 View Post
my friend that i race with runs that motor and hes in the same boat trying to find a pipe that works a couple sirio guys said that motor needs a bottom end pipe to get that motor to work right and im not sure what they run but they were sort pipes and those motors were great if i find out what pipes they were ill post them up
Thanks Bumper I would greatly appreciate it..
Quote:
Originally Posted by v6shooter View Post
i have a sirio evo 4 sti. i run a 2013 pipe set. it has great bottom to top. it is perfect for truggy. My buggy hot bodies d8 is very heavy and moves it well. I think the 2056 big boy will give u better milage ,but u will lose low end.I get about 8.30 min on a 8 mm insert on a very big track with a 200 foot straight.the 2013 sound cool also.
That's good info to have Shooter thank you also. I have been leaning toward the 2013, but wanted opinions on the other 2..
Old 09-23-2009, 02:22 PM   #10
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin.S View Post
i got a sirio evo2 with the sirio 2057 not the big boy, the regular one.
I know i isn't the same engine but they are similar and i got about 8.5mins on it tho it's a little saggy on the bottom, not much......just controllable
Ps. i'm driving a buggy, i thin the 2057 would have to low bottom on a truggy...
/Martin

Btw, a little ot but.... What plug do you run in this engine? i have been running a os p6 i mine and i know it's way to cold... anyone know how a p3 would work? to hot? p4?
I am running OD97T. One of the best plugs I've run period.. I've used them in OS and this Sirio with no toruble at all. They tune very similarly to the P3/P4. I think the ODonnell is a better plug with more forgiveness on tune.. IE it idles well at slight rich tune and still pulls hard on top and they last forever..

If you have a tower hobbies monthly or weekly newsletter e-mailed ot you keep an eye on it, cause the 97T's come up on sale often at excellent prices.. 6 for $16.. Called the buy 3 get 3 free deal..
Old 09-23-2009, 05:27 PM   #11
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I run the Ex Tech mill with 2057 and P4s in my Mugen buggy. Very good set up.
NitroOB4You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 07:27 PM   #12
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by (MRC)Scotty! View Post
Thanks for the info guys. I am leaning toward the 2013 because of the word of mouth about it when bolted to a sirio motor.. The JP3 is a an excellent all around pipe, and I know it works well with this engine. I am prolly going to use the 2013 for my next race and see how it goes.. The JP3 was a little soft on bottom, but i was fighting I slight lean condition on bottom also, so hard to say if that might have been the cause..

Thanks for the info, and hope to get some more input on this too..
I ran the same Sirio motor for a whole year. I had an all aluminum clutch setup, 1.0 springs, Sirio 2013 pipe with a medium length manifold. And a Sirio S5 glow plug, and it was truly one of the best motors I've ever had.

Brad
Old 09-23-2009, 07:44 PM   #13
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad S. View Post
I ran the same Sirio motor for a whole year. I had an all aluminum clutch setup, 1.0 springs, Sirio 2013 pipe with a medium length manifold. And a Sirio S5 glow plug, and it was truly one of the best motors I've ever had.

Brad
Thanks Brad very good info to have.. I am currently running Ofna Blue Springs with 1.1 springs. I like the snap, and my truggy seems to be on the fat side so it helps to get the engine into its revs..

I am hoping to get some practice time in with the 2013 this weekend. We'll see what comes to be..
Old 09-23-2009, 08:14 PM   #14
Tech Addict

Sirio evo 4 sti is my favorite too.Under rated engine for the price. Wish it had a better support from trinity [ uggh]. Unless u got a ex tech they dont want nothing to do with u.
v6shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:17 PM   #15
Tech Elite

The Extech .21 is nearly Identical.. But I understand what your saying. But you can't blame Trinity, cause it is't them calling the shots anymore. They got bought out by Team Epic.. So that's who ya gotta complain about and to..