R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 09-21-2009, 08:18 AM   #1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)
Default losi truggy center diff....

quick question.

are the losi 8ight truggy center diffs. the same. like the WHOLE center mounts and all? bought a 1.0 truggy but needs center diff. and mounts.

also the radio tray on the 1.0 and 2.0 the same? mounting and all?

Thanks,
Ryan
Owner of Midwest Rc Tour
blktransam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 01:14 PM   #2
Tech Regular

Default What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blktransam View Post
quick question.

are the losi 8ight truggy center diffs. the same. like the WHOLE center mounts and all? bought a 1.0 truggy but needs center diff. and mounts.

Thanks,
Ryan
Do you mean are the center diffs the same from a 2.0 to a 1.0 or the same from front or rear to center? I believe the actual diffs themselves are the same but the cases are obviously different. I have heard a 2.0 radio tray will work with some drilling but have never seen one myself. BTW. you can find complete center diff assemblies complete with mounts, brakes etc on EBAY for dirt cheap. I've bought a couple of used ones in pristine condition for less than $10.00 each!
****RUSH****
elkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 01:35 PM   #3
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by blktransam View Post
quick question.

Thanks,
Ryan

if were talking 1.0 truggy yes the Center diff from the buggy or the truggy will work...both come with a 48T spur and will work just the same......2.0 is another story.....50T on the Truggy and 48T on the buggy...so a spur swap might be in order or pick the right auction that has a 48T.

the radio tray is the same but moves the throttle servo away from the center 7-8mm so the 2.0 linkages make everything a direct swap....Also the chassis dirt guards are a little different....the 1.0's can be modified to work tho.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 09:31 PM   #4
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

The center mounts are different, the 2.0 center diff mount does not use a seperate bearing holder on one side like the original 8ight , T.
aaron joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 06:52 AM   #5
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron joy View Post
The center mounts are different, the 2.0 center diff mount does not use a seperate bearing holder on one side like the original 8ight , T.

Very true.....i was posting about that in another thread i must have forgotten to include it here....THX Aaron

PS Kick arse racing the last vid i saw....OVERLY jelous of the Diamond track....the flowingness and Perfect spacing on the jumps oh my.....I Wish i could make it down there for an event.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 07:13 AM   #6
Tech Elite

LOSA3506
LOSB3528
LOSA4415
LOSA3516
LOSA3502