Community
Wiki Posts
Search

does 3% matter that much?????

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 06:38 PM
Tech Initiate

Default does 3% matter that much?????

hey all. i was running 30% blue thunder in my traxxas nitro sport, and today i put some 33% in it and tried to do a cold start, and it wouldnt run at all. i heated up the easy start trying to get it to start, and now im waiting on it to cool. any ideas? it didnt even pop. i checked the plug, and i set the mixture back to stock but still no go. im kinda bummed because i just got it fixed after 2 years and i wanted to drive it ( started it and ran some fuel through it yesterday)
Old 09-21-2009, 07:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Originally Posted by el tater toto
hey all. i was running 30% blue thunder in my traxxas nitro sport, and today i put some 33% in it and tried to do a cold start, and it wouldnt run at all. i heated up the easy start trying to get it to start, and now im waiting on it to cool. any ideas? it didnt even pop. i checked the plug, and i set the mixture back to stock but still no go. im kinda bummed because i just got it fixed after 2 years and i wanted to drive it ( started it and ran some fuel through it yesterday)
For a seasoned racer they might notice a performance difference but just starting your engine and getting it to run, no.

PM sent
Old 09-21-2009, 09:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Your missing something. Got to have fire, fuel, and air.
Old 09-22-2009, 02:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

It should start, it would need to retune a little
Old 09-22-2009, 05:15 AM
Tech Regular

Default Is it old?

Is the fuel any good to start with? If it is old it may have separated and or sucked up a lot of moisture.
Old 09-22-2009, 08:31 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by elkman
Is the fuel any good to start with? If it is old it may have separated and or sucked up a lot of moisture.
actually its a bran new quart i broke the seal on. one thing i failed to mention was that it was about 20 degrees cooler than the last time i ran it. it was in the high 50s, and the last time i started it (2 days before) it was high 70s and after i changed the mix it only cranked a few seconds before the easy start stopped cranking. i waited for it to cool, and now it runs fine. but now it dies when i press the brakes, so i need to check the clutch out.

last time it was on the road it was 20 degrees with snow, and i think rust might have seized a bearing or somthing....

thanks alot for the info. moddys, feel free to delete this...
Old 09-22-2009, 08:36 AM
Tech Elite

running in to cold of temps ruins engines, if it dies when you hit the breaks, check your idle,
Old 09-22-2009, 08:56 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by token
if it dies when you hit the breaks, check your idle,
well, i already did the tests mentioned in the other thread (running the car with the radio off and push the brakes by hand) and its the brakes themselves not the carb. wich leads me to believe that some snow got in the clutch bell, and rusted up one of the bearings....