R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-20-2009, 04:21 PM   #16
Tech Elite
 
Stubbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 2,177
Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Alderman View Post
awesome! you really want those brakes working right! hey did i pm you a setup a while back? if i didnt let me know i will send it again, its a pretty good one!
You mind sending that setup sheet to another Z01T Noob? It'll be a while until I've got everything I need for mine purchased, but I'd like to get a start on the info collecting at least!
__________________
Mike Stubblefield - www.capefearraceway.com
"If you're not racing to have fun, then you're doing it WRONG."
"All you need is WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it moves, and it shouldn't, use the Duct Tape. If it doesn't move, and it should, use the WD-40."
Stubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 05:13 PM   #17
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Richmond, Ky
Posts: 1,069
Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Default

not at all, let me get put down in pdf form and i will send it to ya, gimme a couple days.
__________________
www.coyotehobbies.com-Owner
Brian Alderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 05:29 PM   #18
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 47
Default

Stubbs,

I still have the Scott Cramer set-up saved. If you could PM me your e-mail I'll try to e-mail it to you. I tried the pm and e-mail links on here, but couldn't figure out how to attach it
ALPINEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 06:23 PM   #19
Tech Elite
 
Stubbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 2,177
Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPINEX View Post
Stubbs,

I still have the Scott Cramer set-up saved. If you could PM me your e-mail I'll try to e-mail it to you. I tried the pm and e-mail links on here, but couldn't figure out how to attach it
YGPM...thanks.
__________________
Mike Stubblefield - www.capefearraceway.com
"If you're not racing to have fun, then you're doing it WRONG."
"All you need is WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it moves, and it shouldn't, use the Duct Tape. If it doesn't move, and it should, use the WD-40."
Stubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 06:23 PM   #20
Tech Elite
 
Stubbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 2,177
Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Alderman View Post
not at all, let me get put down in pdf form and i will send it to ya, gimme a couple days.
No worries...I'll PM you my e-mail address. Thanks.
__________________
Mike Stubblefield - www.capefearraceway.com
"If you're not racing to have fun, then you're doing it WRONG."
"All you need is WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it moves, and it shouldn't, use the Duct Tape. If it doesn't move, and it should, use the WD-40."
Stubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 07:01 PM   #21
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 47
Default

You got e-mail, let me know if it doesn't work. I suck at computers so it may not
ALPINEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 04:52 AM   #22
Tech Elite
 
Stubbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 2,177
Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPINEX View Post
You got e-mail, let me know if it doesn't work. I suck at computers so it may not

Cody, I got your e-mail. Thanks.
__________________
Mike Stubblefield - www.capefearraceway.com
"If you're not racing to have fun, then you're doing it WRONG."
"All you need is WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it moves, and it shouldn't, use the Duct Tape. If it doesn't move, and it should, use the WD-40."
Stubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 06:27 AM   #23
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 47
Default

Hope it worked for you, if you get to try it out before me let me know how it goes haha
ALPINEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 07:05 AM   #24
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Richmond, Ky
Posts: 1,069
Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Default

cody please send that to me as well, i want to make sure its what i think it is.

btalderman@yahoo.com

thanks
__________________
www.coyotehobbies.com-Owner
Brian Alderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 07:17 AM   #25
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 47
Default

I sent it let me know if it works for you as well
ALPINEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 03:04 PM   #26
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 494
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

I'm kinda the opposite I tend to run more rear brake bias then front for a couple of reasons. The first being in tight 180's if I enter to hot I can whip the rear around with the brake. Second if you run to much front brake during hard braking the front wheels will lock up. This will make you think that you have a push but whats happening is the front tires are in a dead slide forward not letting them rotate and letting the diff do it's job. I often run spoke wheel(like the O' wheels) or if I run a dish wheel I will tend to take a pernament marker and highlight the Proline emblem just for the purpose I can see if the wheels are locking under braking. I usually run about 30/70 bias but actually when it's on the track and weight transfer is figured in it's actually probably more like 40/60. Be careful on how much brake in general you run. Having alot of brake does nothing but put excessive wear on the drivetrain. If you will look at your outdrives and driveshaft pins they will almost never be worn on the power side always the brake side. I tend to run just enough brake to slow my car up not lock the wheels up. It is extremly hard on diffs. Another reason is braking kills momentum and I try to keep my car moving rather then stop and go. Hope this helps.
Jonathan Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 03:15 PM   #27
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Richmond, Ky
Posts: 1,069
Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Bell View Post
I'm kinda the opposite I tend to run more rear brake bias then front for a couple of reasons. The first being in tight 180's if I enter to hot I can whip the rear around with the brake. Second if you run to much front brake during hard braking the front wheels will lock up. This will make you think that you have a push but whats happening is the front tires are in a dead slide forward not letting them rotate and letting the diff do it's job. I often run spoke wheel(like the O' wheels) or if I run a dish wheel I will tend to take a pernament marker and highlight the Proline emblem just for the purpose I can see if the wheels are locking under braking. I usually run about 30/70 bias but actually when it's on the track and weight transfer is figured in it's actually probably more like 40/60. Be careful on how much brake in general you run. Having alot of brake does nothing but put excessive wear on the drivetrain. If you will look at your outdrives and driveshaft pins they will almost never be worn on the power side always the brake side. I tend to run just enough brake to slow my car up not lock the wheels up. It is extremly hard on diffs. Another reason is braking kills momentum and I try to keep my car moving rather then stop and go. Hope this helps.

it all just depends on a persons driving style. but like jb said you definately dont want sliding tires in my opinion!
__________________
www.coyotehobbies.com-Owner
Brian Alderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:53 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net