R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 09-20-2009, 04:21 PM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Alderman View Post
awesome! you really want those brakes working right! hey did i pm you a setup a while back? if i didnt let me know i will send it again, its a pretty good one!
You mind sending that setup sheet to another Z01T Noob? It'll be a while until I've got everything I need for mine purchased, but I'd like to get a start on the info collecting at least!
Stubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 05:13 PM   #17
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

not at all, let me get put down in pdf form and i will send it to ya, gimme a couple days.
Old 09-20-2009, 05:29 PM   #18
Tech Initiate

Stubbs,

I still have the Scott Cramer set-up saved. If you could PM me your e-mail I'll try to e-mail it to you. I tried the pm and e-mail links on here, but couldn't figure out how to attach it
ALPINEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 06:23 PM   #19
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPINEX View Post
Stubbs,

I still have the Scott Cramer set-up saved. If you could PM me your e-mail I'll try to e-mail it to you. I tried the pm and e-mail links on here, but couldn't figure out how to attach it
YGPM...thanks.
Old 09-20-2009, 06:23 PM   #20
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Alderman View Post
not at all, let me get put down in pdf form and i will send it to ya, gimme a couple days.
No worries...I'll PM you my e-mail address. Thanks.
Old 09-20-2009, 07:01 PM   #21
Tech Initiate

You got e-mail, let me know if it doesn't work. I suck at computers so it may not
Old 09-21-2009, 04:52 AM   #22
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPINEX View Post
You got e-mail, let me know if it doesn't work. I suck at computers so it may not

Cody, I got your e-mail. Thanks.
Old 09-21-2009, 06:27 AM   #23
Tech Initiate

Hope it worked for you, if you get to try it out before me let me know how it goes haha
Old 09-21-2009, 07:05 AM   #24
Tech Master

cody please send that to me as well, i want to make sure its what i think it is.

btalderman@yahoo.com

thanks
Old 09-21-2009, 07:17 AM   #25
Tech Initiate

I sent it let me know if it works for you as well
Old 09-21-2009, 03:04 PM   #26
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I'm kinda the opposite I tend to run more rear brake bias then front for a couple of reasons. The first being in tight 180's if I enter to hot I can whip the rear around with the brake. Second if you run to much front brake during hard braking the front wheels will lock up. This will make you think that you have a push but whats happening is the front tires are in a dead slide forward not letting them rotate and letting the diff do it's job. I often run spoke wheel(like the O' wheels) or if I run a dish wheel I will tend to take a pernament marker and highlight the Proline emblem just for the purpose I can see if the wheels are locking under braking. I usually run about 30/70 bias but actually when it's on the track and weight transfer is figured in it's actually probably more like 40/60. Be careful on how much brake in general you run. Having alot of brake does nothing but put excessive wear on the drivetrain. If you will look at your outdrives and driveshaft pins they will almost never be worn on the power side always the brake side. I tend to run just enough brake to slow my car up not lock the wheels up. It is extremly hard on diffs. Another reason is braking kills momentum and I try to keep my car moving rather then stop and go. Hope this helps.
Jonathan Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 03:15 PM   #27
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Bell View Post
I'm kinda the opposite I tend to run more rear brake bias then front for a couple of reasons. The first being in tight 180's if I enter to hot I can whip the rear around with the brake. Second if you run to much front brake during hard braking the front wheels will lock up. This will make you think that you have a push but whats happening is the front tires are in a dead slide forward not letting them rotate and letting the diff do it's job. I often run spoke wheel(like the O' wheels) or if I run a dish wheel I will tend to take a pernament marker and highlight the Proline emblem just for the purpose I can see if the wheels are locking under braking. I usually run about 30/70 bias but actually when it's on the track and weight transfer is figured in it's actually probably more like 40/60. Be careful on how much brake in general you run. Having alot of brake does nothing but put excessive wear on the drivetrain. If you will look at your outdrives and driveshaft pins they will almost never be worn on the power side always the brake side. I tend to run just enough brake to slow my car up not lock the wheels up. It is extremly hard on diffs. Another reason is braking kills momentum and I try to keep my car moving rather then stop and go. Hope this helps.

it all just depends on a persons driving style. but like jb said you definately dont want sliding tires in my opinion!