Wiki Posts
Search

Hellfire CORR conversion?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 04:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Hellfire CORR conversion?

I have an old Hellfire (i know...i know) laying around in my shop and I was thinking it would be perfect for a CORR conversion basher...

Does anybody know of a set of Buggy arms that would fit the Hellfire? The stock hellfire hingepins are 77.5mm long so I would need arms off a buggy that would fit or that could be shimmed to fit.

I figure if I could find a set to fit i would need arms, cvd's and upper links to get it rolling.

Thanks in advance!
Old 09-10-2009, 04:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

The inner arms on the Hot Bodies D8 measure roughly at 60mm. Measure the distance between the hinge pin holder and see what you come up with.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:32 AM
Tech Master

I've used the D8 arms on my HF. It's now a onroad GT. Just need a small amount of shimming and trimming and you have to relocate the droop screw holes in the arms. Axles are OK for onroad, but might be dicey (short) for offroad. Also, track width might be too narrow for a proper CORR truck. You might need to use 1/2 offset rims.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:05 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

To be clear - did you use the D8 Axles with the D8 Arms? Also do the Hellfire hubs and spindles fit the D8 Arms? They look to be the same design as the HF.

I'd use buggy wheels and tires so 1/2 offset is not an option...I have some different offset hexes to try so hopefully I can get it close.

Thanks in advance for your help!