R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-19-2009, 04:27 PM   #1
Tech Adept
 
WingWrecker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 248
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default 8B 2.0 RTR upgrade-a-palooza...

Just posting this because I am a geek that's excited about all the upgrades I just ordered. Can't wait to for them arrive and get them installed.

Ordered upgrades on my 8B RTR:

- Turbo head conversion kit for the 350
- Re11 pipe
- Rear shock springs, green
- Composite clutch shoes and green springs
- Aluminum clutch shoes and gold springs
- Clutch pin set
- 8ight starter box w/Losi 4s lipo

I've already upgraded the steering servo to Ace 1015 and moved the stock servo to throttle. But I will likely be replacing throttle with a Hitec 7940TH soon and going lipo on the rx.

I have my RTR starter box, 2 x 3000mah NiMH and 2 x 1800mah NiCD for sale here for $55 shipped if interested: Starter box sale.

Nerdy of me to post this, I know. But whatever... I'm geek'd.
__________________
8ight 2.0 RTR - 350 w/Turbo Head - Re11 - 4 Shoes - Ace servos - AKA tires
WingWrecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 04:30 PM   #2
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Rossville Ga
Posts: 1,398
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Sound like your going all out. You go man!
bigde2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 05:33 PM   #3
Tech Master
 
hanzo3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Anaheim Hills, CA
Posts: 1,293
Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Default

Wow. I need to get all that for my RTR 2.0 too. What glow plug do you recommend for the 350? I too am running a Ace 1015 for steering.
hanzo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 07:41 PM   #4
Tech Adept
 
WingWrecker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 248
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzo3 View Post
Wow. I need to get all that for my RTR 2.0 too. What glow plug do you recommend for the 350? I too am running a Ace 1015 for steering.
Without a turbo conversion I just stuck with the Losi suggested Dynamite DYN2495.

I got the RE11 pipe and turbo head conversion from myatomic.com. The pipe was priced about the same as most places but it had free shipping and the $16.70 turbo head got included in the free shipping-ness so I paid $81.78 for both shipped.

The box and lipo I got here, used for $80.

The rest of the stuff I ordered from thebarnfloor.com for $42 which is probably about the same everywhere... But they do have the best prices for big ticket items. The 8B 2.0 RTR is only $599 there after you put it in your cart.
__________________
8ight 2.0 RTR - 350 w/Turbo Head - Re11 - 4 Shoes - Ace servos - AKA tires
WingWrecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 01:14 AM   #5
Tech Champion
 
losi_racer's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: mesa,az
Posts: 6,470
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Wing fyi. The losi 8/8t is a nice box. Be ready to change those motors out tho. Some get lucky and last a year but most lasts like 2 months. I made the switched to a Ofna truggy box and wont go back. I run buggy and truggy and just put a screw on front and back so i can use buggy and truggy with same box. I can switch between the two just as fast as i could with the losi box if not faster. i can get pics if wanted
__________________

Byron Fuels/AKA Tires/Radiopost/TKO/Viper Rc/Dialed Inc/Empire Metal Product/Advantage Racing Products
losi_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 03:29 AM   #6
Tech Master
 
shanty140's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,279
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Looks like a good list. Something I would look at is the 1.0 truggy servo saver spring. Before I got my 8ight's I heard people breaking bellcranks because the new 2.0 spring was to stiff. So before I even drove my vehicles I changed them out to the 1.0 truggy spring. I haven't broke one bellcrank on both my truggy and buggy.

I jus bought the RE11 pipe also and saw a big improvement over the stock pipe.
__________________
Race Vehicles:
Mugen MBX6T - Ninja JX.21 with EB Mods Headbutton, O.S. 2060 Pipe, DX3R, Hitec 7955TG Servos on LiPo
HPI Cup Racer - Murfdogg Synergy 17.5, Tekin RS Pro, 2S 40C 4200mah, DX3R, Sav÷x SC-1251MG Servo
shanty140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 12:57 PM   #7
TIX
Tech Master
 
TIX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 1,943
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

have you upgraded the shock caps from the plastic ones to aluminium?
that is a must for the RTR

you should also look at getting some upgrade hingepin braces. the RTR ones are very soft
__________________
Alan Nankervis.

TIX Race Designs. Plaig Bearings. Thunder Innovations
TIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 02:10 PM   #8
Tech Adept
 
WingWrecker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 248
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIX View Post
have you upgraded the shock caps from the plastic ones to aluminium?
that is a must for the RTR

you should also look at getting some upgrade hingepin braces. the RTR ones are very soft
I almost forgot about the shock caps. Still waiting for mine to break though. Those will be included in my next purchase, thanks for the reminder.

I still can't beleive how tough this car is.. I face planted it HARD from 10 feet in the air into the second part of a double and thought for sure I had to have broken something. But nope.

Tons of mishaps, rolls, all out wrecks and to date the only thing is a lost wing clip and ring. Don't suppose I can get the plastic ring without buying another wing, eh?
__________________
8ight 2.0 RTR - 350 w/Turbo Head - Re11 - 4 Shoes - Ace servos - AKA tires
WingWrecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 02:15 PM   #9
Tech Adept
 
WingWrecker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 248
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanty140 View Post
Looks like a good list. Something I would look at is the 1.0 truggy servo saver spring. Before I got my 8ight's I heard people breaking bellcranks because the new 2.0 spring was to stiff. So before I even drove my vehicles I changed them out to the 1.0 truggy spring. I haven't broke one bellcrank on both my truggy and buggy.

I jus bought the RE11 pipe also and saw a big improvement over the stock pipe.

I've read that as well about the servo saver. If mine breaks I will get the 1.0 truggy version.

Did you notice your temps going down with the new pipe?
__________________
8ight 2.0 RTR - 350 w/Turbo Head - Re11 - 4 Shoes - Ace servos - AKA tires
WingWrecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 02:18 PM   #10
Tech Adept
 
WingWrecker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 248
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by losi_racer View Post
Wing fyi. The losi 8/8t is a nice box. Be ready to change those motors out tho. Some get lucky and last a year but most lasts like 2 months. I made the switched to a Ofna truggy box and wont go back. I run buggy and truggy and just put a screw on front and back so i can use buggy and truggy with same box. I can switch between the two just as fast as i could with the losi box if not faster. i can get pics if wanted
I read about this as well. Some are getting the Traxxas 775's (?) to fit in the losi box. I'll have to wait and see how mine does. Have you ever heard of anyone converting a box to a brushless outrunner? Not sure if that would be any better than the current brushed setups or not.
__________________
8ight 2.0 RTR - 350 w/Turbo Head - Re11 - 4 Shoes - Ace servos - AKA tires
WingWrecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 08:07 PM   #11
Tech Regular
 
AndrewClaycomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Wichita, KS
Posts: 340
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingWrecker View Post

I still can't beleive how tough this car is..
+1, The only things I've broken are the stock steering servo and the antenna tube. I do suggest getting lots of extra bearings and an extra fastener kit. Every few races I'm finding a missing bolt or screw, and I try to tighten everything down after every heat.
AndrewClaycomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 08:22 PM   #12
Tech Adept
 
WingWrecker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 248
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewClaycomb View Post
+1, The only things I've broken are the stock steering servo and the antenna tube. I do suggest getting lots of extra bearings and an extra fastener kit. Every few races I'm finding a missing bolt or screw, and I try to tighten everything down after every heat.
The stock steering servo doesnt count. That's going to break regardless, unless you move it to throttle right away.

But yeah.. Awesome buggy!
__________________
8ight 2.0 RTR - 350 w/Turbo Head - Re11 - 4 Shoes - Ace servos - AKA tires
WingWrecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
8IGHT 2.0! BAUSTIN Nitro Off-Road 14679 09-12-2015 07:58 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:33 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net