R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-18-2009, 06:51 AM   #1
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Aurora, Colorado
Posts: 3,644
Default What is the best race of the year? (In General)

What is the best race of the year? What is the race you look forward to most? The race that as soon as you find out the dates you are in your boss face with a excuse to take off? The race your wife just say F it I lost this battle. The one you save for all year........

What is the best racing facility, PERIOD? That you have been to. Not what you have heard of seen on Live RC.
By facility I mean track, pits, pit lane, water, air, cleaning station, power, atmosphere, race directors, how they run the races.... and most importantly FUN.

If it is the best - state why
__________________
TLR - Spektrum - Horizon - TLR 8ight 4.0 - TLR 8ight-T 4.0 - TLR 22 4.0 - Orion
token is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 06:54 AM   #2
Tech Lord
 
Integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,482
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra
Default

hrmm...this thread might very well give me some idea's for this winter's traveling....Good idea Token.
__________________
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 06:57 AM   #3
Tech Master
 
ON A MISSION's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,407
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default racing

Nitro Challenge at the Nitro Pit with Joey c and Kenny b period .
ON A MISSION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 07:14 AM   #4
Tech Elite
 
easyryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Tucson,AZ
Posts: 2,543
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

+1 on the pit, I meet my Bro ad his bros
__________________
XRAY XB9. Rubber tires with foam inside and super glue to keep them on. Cheap, but fast radio, high dollar servos, savox, mostly.
Cheap .21 engine. Modern starter box, finally!
easyryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 08:04 AM   #5
Tech Addict
 
shady3031's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 594
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

In the southeast the Psycho Nitro Blast is a lot of fun-Its crazy how the track is open 24 hours a day for practice and quali's
__________________
The Warehouse RC-Birmingham, AL
AE RC8.2-E Tekin powered
Alabama Manufacturers Shootout-Don't Miss It
shady3031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 08:15 AM   #6
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Aurora, Colorado
Posts: 3,644
Default

Well, Im going to say: the best track for me is Colorado Springs (FASTTRACK), followed closely by Dirtworks in Burlington CO.
Burlington is my favortie track becuase Bill is a laid back guy, the enviornment is great, we camp and run under the lights all night and wake up 2 hours later and race.

I would love to go to the Nirto Pit for the Challange.

The best race is Pike Peak Nitro Challange even tho Mike Truhe comes in this year a took all the money.

Any race in Burlington
__________________
TLR - Spektrum - Horizon - TLR 8ight 4.0 - TLR 8ight-T 4.0 - TLR 22 4.0 - Orion
token is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 09:56 AM   #7
Tech Lord
 
Jaz240's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dwindle city
Posts: 12,492
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

I know this may be kinda lame, but for me its the 3 hour endurance race at The Nitro Pit..we run it in 2 man teams and you switch off from driving to pitting in 30 minute intervals. Being on the drivers stand for 1.5 hours of non-stop adrenaline rushes is second to nothing, and its a very even playing field as even the expert/pro guys can have problems in a 3 hour race, so its all about smooth and keeping your engine running. Plus you dont have 10 hours of downtime with nothing to do, you get there 1/2 hour before the race, do some laps to warm up and go! We pay a little more to have Marshals so we dont have to stand on the track for 3 hours after our race..Its the Bomb fo sho!!
__________________
nothing to see here................................
Jaz240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 10:03 AM   #8
Tech Master
 
jzemaxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: North Alabama
Posts: 1,586
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Have no idea.....haven't been to a big race yet. This is my first year, but look forward to S.I.C., which is suppose to be a big event
__________________
Kyosho MP9 TKi2 Tekin
Kyosho MP9 TKi2/3 Novarossi BTT
jzemaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 01:08 PM   #9
Tech Addict
 
smittyusmc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 529
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
I know this may be kinda lame, but for me its the 3 hour endurance race at The Nitro Pit..we run it in 2 man teams and you switch off from driving to pitting in 30 minute intervals. Being on the drivers stand for 1.5 hours of non-stop adrenaline rushes is second to nothing, and its a very even playing field as even the expert/pro guys can have problems in a 3 hour race, so its all about smooth and keeping your engine running. Plus you dont have 10 hours of downtime with nothing to do, you get there 1/2 hour before the race, do some laps to warm up and go! We pay a little more to have Marshals so we dont have to stand on the track for 3 hours after our race..Its the Bomb fo sho!!
So how does an endurance race work so you use the same car the hole time and how ofen do you change tires and how well do the cars hold up to that much race without a break. I think this would be a lot of fun but I have never seen one of these races.
__________________
Hot Bodies Hara D8 - ODss .21

Team Associated B4.1 reedy 8.5, R10 Pro
Team Associated T4.1 OHP 17.5, Tekin RS
Team Associated B44.1 reedy 6.5, R10 Pro
smittyusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 01:23 PM   #10
Tech Lord
 
Integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,482
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
I know this may be kinda lame, but for me its the 3 hour endurance race at The Nitro Pit..we run it in 2 man teams and you switch off from driving to pitting in 30 minute intervals. Being on the drivers stand for 1.5 hours of non-stop adrenaline rushes is second to nothing, and its a very even playing field as even the expert/pro guys can have problems in a 3 hour race, so its all about smooth and keeping your engine running. Plus you dont have 10 hours of downtime with nothing to do, you get there 1/2 hour before the race, do some laps to warm up and go! We pay a little more to have Marshals so we dont have to stand on the track for 3 hours after our race..Its the Bomb fo sho!!


when's this ?
__________________
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 01:25 PM   #11
Tech Lord
 
Jaz240's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dwindle city
Posts: 12,492
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyusmc View Post
So how does an endurance race work so you use the same car the hole time and how ofen do you change tires and how well do the cars hold up to that much race without a break. I think this would be a lot of fun but I have never seen one of these races.
You dont change tires..you need to choose a tire that will hold up for the entire race, this year we used AKA Crossbraces and they were dialed for the whole race and still had another race or two in them after it was over. cars break if you crash em..thats why its so important to be smooth and not crash, people that do break have tons of time to fix and get back on the track because its a 3 hour race. You need to swap batteries every hour for NI-MH or 1.5-2 for Lipos, so you need to do some mods to make battery swaps easier. One team guy supplies the car and the other guy provides the engine and radio, so as a team you are both putting all that wear and tear on items..My XRAY 808 did not break anything and I did crash a few times, but we did blow out the front bearing on the clutchbell and still took 5th place because we were never off the track..had no power the last 15 or so laps because the air filter was so clogged ( we didn't swap it) and we had only 1 clutch bearing but we still did really well..I can't wait for the next one!
__________________
nothing to see here................................
Jaz240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 01:30 PM   #12
Tech Lord
 
Jaz240's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dwindle city
Posts: 12,492
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
when's this ?

They dont have set dates..This years was in June..I think they are planning another in feb, and every 6 months or so, because it is a Local favorite Race..I will post up the next one in advance
__________________
nothing to see here................................
Jaz240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 01:37 PM   #13
Tech Master
 
Bigedmond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,837
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Sorry, but any race at Thunder Alley is a great race. The facility is top notch, second to none.
Bigedmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 01:57 PM   #14
Tech Master
 
thenova70ss's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 1,555
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shady3031 View Post
In the southeast the Psycho Nitro Blast is a lot of fun-Its crazy how the track is open 24 hours a day for practice and quali's
+1 On the Psycho Nitro Blast 24 hours a day racing for 3 days CRAZY.
__________________
CHRIS CREWS
Pro Speed Racing Optima MX1 Buggy http://www.global-hobbies.com.my
Cold Fusion R/C Products Team Driver - www.coldfusionrcproducts.com
Rc Pro ProDucts Team Driver www.rcproproducts.com
Hobby Pro USA Team Driver www.vp-pro-usa.com
thenova70ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 02:09 PM   #15
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: AZ
Posts: 564
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
You dont change tires..you need to choose a tire that will hold up for the entire race, this year we used AKA Crossbraces and they were dialed for the whole race and still had another race or two in them after it was over. cars break if you crash em..thats why its so important to be smooth and not crash, people that do break have tons of time to fix and get back on the track because its a 3 hour race. You need to swap batteries every hour for NI-MH or 1.5-2 for Lipos, so you need to do some mods to make battery swaps easier. One team guy supplies the car and the other guy provides the engine and radio, so as a team you are both putting all that wear and tear on items..My XRAY 808 did not break anything and I did crash a few times, but we did blow out the front bearing on the clutchbell and still took 5th place because we were never off the track..had no power the last 15 or so laps because the air filter was so clogged ( we didn't swap it) and we had only 1 clutch bearing but we still did really well..I can't wait for the next one!
It's a 2 hour race Jazz, not 3. And I agree, it's a great event.

Last edited by Shocker; 09-18-2009 at 02:22 PM.
Shocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
On-Road Racing at The Raceway - Beaver, PA McSmooth Mid Atlantic RC Racing 664 10-07-2016 08:23 PM
General Discussion Modena AL MSRA (Memphis, TN) 7895 05-05-2014 04:50 AM
cabin fever race. badxlt Northwest Racers 642 07-08-2008 06:37 PM
It's time for race tracks&directors to step up Juan Aveytia Electric On-Road 19 11-26-2006 07:09 AM
general 540 class chat djrfan Australian Racing 90 04-21-2005 03:56 AM
The New Malta Guys Race Chat 10malta Malta R/C Racers 679 11-15-2004 08:19 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:09 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net