R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 09-18-2009, 06:51 AM   #1
Tech Elite

Default What is the best race of the year? (In General)

What is the best race of the year? What is the race you look forward to most? The race that as soon as you find out the dates you are in your boss face with a excuse to take off? The race your wife just say F it I lost this battle. The one you save for all year........

What is the best racing facility, PERIOD? That you have been to. Not what you have heard of seen on Live RC.
By facility I mean track, pits, pit lane, water, air, cleaning station, power, atmosphere, race directors, how they run the races.... and most importantly FUN.

If it is the best - state why
Old 09-18-2009, 06:54 AM   #2
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

hrmm...this thread might very well give me some idea's for this winter's traveling....Good idea Token.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 06:57 AM   #3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default racing

Nitro Challenge at the Nitro Pit with Joey c and Kenny b period .
ON A MISSION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 07:14 AM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

+1 on the pit, I meet my Bro ad his bros
Old 09-18-2009, 08:04 AM   #5
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

In the southeast the Psycho Nitro Blast is a lot of fun-Its crazy how the track is open 24 hours a day for practice and quali's
shady3031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 08:15 AM   #6
Tech Elite

Well, Im going to say: the best track for me is Colorado Springs (FASTTRACK), followed closely by Dirtworks in Burlington CO.
Burlington is my favortie track becuase Bill is a laid back guy, the enviornment is great, we camp and run under the lights all night and wake up 2 hours later and race.

I would love to go to the Nirto Pit for the Challange.

The best race is Pike Peak Nitro Challange even tho Mike Truhe comes in this year a took all the money.

Any race in Burlington
Old 09-18-2009, 09:56 AM   #7
Tech Lord

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I know this may be kinda lame, but for me its the 3 hour endurance race at The Nitro Pit..we run it in 2 man teams and you switch off from driving to pitting in 30 minute intervals. Being on the drivers stand for 1.5 hours of non-stop adrenaline rushes is second to nothing, and its a very even playing field as even the expert/pro guys can have problems in a 3 hour race, so its all about smooth and keeping your engine running. Plus you dont have 10 hours of downtime with nothing to do, you get there 1/2 hour before the race, do some laps to warm up and go! We pay a little more to have Marshals so we dont have to stand on the track for 3 hours after our race..Its the Bomb fo sho!!
Old 09-18-2009, 10:03 AM   #8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Have no idea.....haven't been to a big race yet. This is my first year, but look forward to S.I.C., which is suppose to be a big event
Old 09-18-2009, 01:08 PM   #9
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
I know this may be kinda lame, but for me its the 3 hour endurance race at The Nitro Pit..we run it in 2 man teams and you switch off from driving to pitting in 30 minute intervals. Being on the drivers stand for 1.5 hours of non-stop adrenaline rushes is second to nothing, and its a very even playing field as even the expert/pro guys can have problems in a 3 hour race, so its all about smooth and keeping your engine running. Plus you dont have 10 hours of downtime with nothing to do, you get there 1/2 hour before the race, do some laps to warm up and go! We pay a little more to have Marshals so we dont have to stand on the track for 3 hours after our race..Its the Bomb fo sho!!
So how does an endurance race work so you use the same car the hole time and how ofen do you change tires and how well do the cars hold up to that much race without a break. I think this would be a lot of fun but I have never seen one of these races.

Team Associated B4.1 reedy 8.5, R10 Pro
Team Associated T4.1 OHP 17.5, Tekin RS
Team Associated B44.1 reedy 6.5, R10 Pro
smittyusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 01:23 PM   #10
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:

when's this ?
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 01:25 PM   #11
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyusmc View Post
So how does an endurance race work so you use the same car the hole time and how ofen do you change tires and how well do the cars hold up to that much race without a break. I think this would be a lot of fun but I have never seen one of these races.
You dont change tires..you need to choose a tire that will hold up for the entire race, this year we used AKA Crossbraces and they were dialed for the whole race and still had another race or two in them after it was over. cars break if you crash em..thats why its so important to be smooth and not crash, people that do break have tons of time to fix and get back on the track because its a 3 hour race. You need to swap batteries every hour for NI-MH or 1.5-2 for Lipos, so you need to do some mods to make battery swaps easier. One team guy supplies the car and the other guy provides the engine and radio, so as a team you are both putting all that wear and tear on items..My XRAY 808 did not break anything and I did crash a few times, but we did blow out the front bearing on the clutchbell and still took 5th place because we were never off the track..had no power the last 15 or so laps because the air filter was so clogged ( we didn't swap it) and we had only 1 clutch bearing but we still did really well..I can't wait for the next one!
Old 09-18-2009, 01:30 PM   #12
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
when's this ?

They dont have set dates..This years was in June..I think they are planning another in feb, and every 6 months or so, because it is a Local favorite Race..I will post up the next one in advance
Old 09-18-2009, 01:37 PM   #13
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Sorry, but any race at Thunder Alley is a great race. The facility is top notch, second to none.
Bigedmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 01:57 PM   #14
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by shady3031 View Post
In the southeast the Psycho Nitro Blast is a lot of fun-Its crazy how the track is open 24 hours a day for practice and quali's
+1 On the Psycho Nitro Blast 24 hours a day racing for 3 days CRAZY.
Rc Pro ProDucts Team Driver www.rcproproducts.com
Hobby Pro USA Team Driver www.vp-pro-usa.com
thenova70ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 02:09 PM   #15
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
You dont change tires..you need to choose a tire that will hold up for the entire race, this year we used AKA Crossbraces and they were dialed for the whole race and still had another race or two in them after it was over. cars break if you crash em..thats why its so important to be smooth and not crash, people that do break have tons of time to fix and get back on the track because its a 3 hour race. You need to swap batteries every hour for NI-MH or 1.5-2 for Lipos, so you need to do some mods to make battery swaps easier. One team guy supplies the car and the other guy provides the engine and radio, so as a team you are both putting all that wear and tear on items..My XRAY 808 did not break anything and I did crash a few times, but we did blow out the front bearing on the clutchbell and still took 5th place because we were never off the track..had no power the last 15 or so laps because the air filter was so clogged ( we didn't swap it) and we had only 1 clutch bearing but we still did really well..I can't wait for the next one!
It's a 2 hour race Jazz, not 3. And I agree, it's a great event.

Last edited by Shocker; 09-18-2009 at 02:22 PM.
Shocker is offline   Reply With Quote