R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 09-18-2009, 07:51 AM   #16
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
I will 2nd that....Vibrational harmonics are KILLER's on servo's....the Pot's and solder joints do not like being rattled around so much.....

madweazl 20 year's ago....we didn't have the technology we do today and the motor's were Nothing like that are now a days.....more then double the power which will equate to more vibration...its just the way thing's are.

Frank L you never used to run the Grommts did you ?

i know there were a couple stubborn guys who have said it to me over the years...but cant remember if you were one of them or not.

Yep I never use to run them until. Went through 6 throttle servos in 2-3 months. Then I was willing to try anything and when a losi team driver tells you to do something yo usually listen. So from now on I use them.
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 10:34 AM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to R/C Lidz

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
FTGT/ MT12
BLitZ/ Castle SCT
R/C Lidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 11:04 AM   #18
Tech Regular

Frank,

I see that you have the carb on your speed pretty straight. Are you running like this on the buggy too.

I was but kept having way to much chassis flex and was tearing carb boots left and right where the carb housing starts at the end of the boot. I was rubbing my top mount on the center diff because the carb was to straight and was like 2mm away from the diff mount.

I had to angle mine, and it doesn't stick at all, but I'm not to fond of it being angled.

Anyone else have this problem?? I was thinking of shaving the top back corner of the diff mount a little bit.
Losi 8IGHT 2.0 B/Werks B7 Pro/2013/Hitech HV Servos
Losi 8IGHT 2.0 E/Mamba Monster ESC/Xcelorin 2100kv or NEU Castle 2650kv *RIP-LIPO FIRE
RJNicholson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 01:18 PM   #19
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank L View Post
Yep I never use to run them until. Went through 6 throttle servos in 2-3 months. Then I was willing to try anything and when a losi team driver tells you to do something yo usually listen. So from now on I use them.

I remember telling you Month's ago that Hard mounting wasn't the smartest idea.....but it takes a team driver for you to try it....hrmm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJNicholson View Post
Frank,

I see that you have the carb on your speed pretty straight. Are you running like this on the buggy too.

I was but kept having way to much chassis flex and was tearing carb boots left and right where the carb housing starts at the end of the boot. I was rubbing my top mount on the center diff because the carb was to straight and was like 2mm away from the diff mount.

I had to angle mine, and it doesn't stick at all, but I'm not to fond of it being angled.

Anyone else have this problem?? I was thinking of shaving the top back corner of the diff mount a little bit.

i shave my center diff mount enough so that i can get a good line on the carb pull and not have it touch when extreme chassis flex happen's....i also ran the Matrix Concepts chassis for quite some time and i can tell you it has Significantly more flex next to a stock 2.0 chassis....nearing Double the flex if you had to measure it.

here's my linkage on buggy...pics aren't directed towards the angle of the carb...but either way you can see how strait the linkages are.

TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 02:15 PM   #20
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)
Default Servo 8T2.0

Trust me I went through two expensive servos my linkage and setup were correct along with EPA set points very expensive mistake took integra advise and installed rubber grommets on both servos.
Old 09-19-2009, 06:31 AM   #21
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

bump

Losi 8ight T 2.0 Alpha S852 (Orange Head)
www.hobbyhut.com
dadsvtechonda is offline   Reply With Quote