Wiki Posts
Search

CLUTCH ISSUES

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 10:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

springs sticking out at the end of the shoe = manageable

springs sticking out of the shoe where the shoe makes contact with the bell = time to buy new shoes

Paul
Old 09-16-2009, 10:41 AM
Tech Regular

Check out the VP Clutch systems.. Good pricing, and a wide range of clutch options for Losi, Associated, Kyosho, Mugen, Hobao, Jammin, Xray, and more.

www.vp-pro-usa.com
Old 09-16-2009, 11:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

[QUOTE=Integra;6353044]All Alum set-up can wear on the bell...but Steel VS Alum...the steel will win EVERY time.....you can overheat the shoes and they slag out leaving Massive amounts of Alum on the bell...but if you have the proper stall and shoe compound the alum should never build up slag and the bell should always be the same I.D.

I had this problem with the last pair of shoes I tried. I assume proper stall is refering to when the clutch engages? would too soon or too late of an engagement cause this? I was using 1.0 at first then switched to .9 for springs and that didn't seem to help much. the shoes lasted about a gallon until they were completely gone. Everything from the collet to the bell were new when I first started running them.
Old 09-16-2009, 05:54 PM
Tech Addict

Are you sure they are on in the right direction???I've been running chainsaws for 22 years for a living and still catch myself putting the chain on backwards.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:25 PM
Tech Prophet

i havent used all alum setup on my eight i run 2 carbons and 2 alum,i ran the stock losi alum shoes and they dont last long and they mushroom everytime
now that could be though cause i was running the stiff spring the silver one so that might of cause the wear factor and also once the engine ran hot
i would try the gold on the alum ,i have the gold on my alum now and it seems smoother and i know the shoes shoulnt ware as fast,and i just put the dynamite max life shoes on the clutch and they look good no mushroom on the sides of the shoes etc ,if u do decided to use 2 carbon/alum try the green on the carbons not gold or the black which i think is proberty way to soft
Old 09-16-2009, 10:26 PM
Tech Prophet

and also dont overheat the carbons
Old 09-16-2009, 10:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

get this setup: http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...lutch-Kit-34mm

more and more racers are using it, and liking it very much. Alu shoes with almost no slip and wear. Combine it with a mugen 5 clutchbell and your set! And no, I'm not sponsored by these guys ;-) product sells itself but is new on the market.

Old 09-17-2009, 04:23 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Matthijs
get this setup: http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...lutch-Kit-34mm

more and more racers are using it, and liking it very much. Alu shoes with almost no slip and wear. Combine it with a mugen 5 clutchbell and your set! And no, I'm not sponsored by these guys ;-) product sells itself but is new on the market.

wow that clutch set looks the shizzle! Thanks Matthijs take it this clutch will fit my GO 5 port and my hyper 7 pro?
does amain post worldwide ? im in UK.
will have to wait just a few weeks before I get this new clutch Im sorting out my electric cars now just before I go back to University. Thanks for all the input and help.
will try this system see how it goes.

would this clutch bell do the trick ?
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...lutch-Bell-13T

or should I try a vented one ?

Last edited by zonda; 09-17-2009 at 05:13 AM.
Old 09-17-2009, 06:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

that's the right clutchbell. If you are in the UK you can order direct from the manufacturer, JVD: http://www.jvd-rc.com/index.php?page...&group=4&cat=4

It is sold in the USA under the label of Ascendency with a black colouring.
Old 09-17-2009, 06:40 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
and also dont overheat the carbons

comp's Do NOT need any more stall then green or black..,..gold all your doing is exactly as your trying to avoid...heat/slip.....run green on comp and gold on alum and you will have a clutch that lasts gallons not tanks.