R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   1/8th buggy track tires (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/327969-1-8th-buggy-track-tires.html)

racerguy13 09-15-2009 06:52 PM

1/8th buggy track tires

i can buy 10 sets of 4 tires foams and rims and i need to know what tires rims and foam densitys i should buy for a losi eight all i need to know is what are the best combos

Hyper RX7 09-15-2009 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by racerguy13 (Post 6350496)
i can buy 10 sets of 4 tires foams and rims and i need to know what tires rims and foam densitys i should buy for a losi eight all i need to know is what are the best combos

You need to give us some pics, or description of your track before we can suggest tires...

DPowers 09-15-2009 06:59 PM

i like the aka tires i beams and the proline revolvers with the aka foams in them i have found they will work just about anywhere proline bowties are good as well but they are all kinds of tires that will work they will be alot more advice about tires but i would say aka and proline will be top 2.

racerguy13 09-15-2009 07:02 PM

i can buy 10 sets so give me a whole bunch of ideas i can change my tires for the different track conditions

racerguy13 09-15-2009 07:29 PM

when i race this car it will be at many off road tracks so i am not looking for an all terrain tire i am looking for many specific combos like 10 different combos for 10 different tracks

DPowers 09-15-2009 07:43 PM

proline holeshot tire works good on hard packed track.
revlovlers work good on dusty tracks
bowties work on about anything
crimefighters are good

aka
i -beams good tires and real good wear
i havent tryied any of there other tires.

panther
gators
swicthes hard packed

j-concept
goosbumps i used these on a dry and dusty track thw wear really good

these are all the tires i have tried that i liked.

jhipps835 09-15-2009 08:12 PM

AKA I BEAMS
AKA CITY BLOCKS
AKA CITY-BEAMS (2 I Beams, 2 City Blocks)
Proline Revolvers
Proline Calibers
Proline Crime Fighters
Proline Bow Ties
Proline Bow Fighters (2 Bow Ties, 2 Crime Fighters)
The compound really depends on the track conditions and temperature.
Use Soft at first and as temp gets higher move to Medium and Hard.
For the Proline usually its m2 or m3 compunds. Not sure how those work because i use AKA. But there are many other tires out there

madweazl 09-15-2009 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by racerguy13 (Post 6350725)
when i race this car it will be at many off road tracks so i am not looking for an all terrain tire i am looking for many specific combos like 10 different combos for 10 different tracks

How are you supposed to get a specific recommendation if you cant give a specific requirement?

I used AKA City Blocks on a hard pack track with light dust while dry and it hooked up fairly well. It hooked up good wet and tread wear was decent.

shanty140 09-15-2009 11:51 PM

I have had good luck with the AKA City-Beam Combo (Cityblocks in the front and I-Beams in the rear). I have also tried Proling Calibers and really like that tires as well. The AKA Gridiron is really taking off at our track and alot of people are running that now. If you good with AKA Gridirons make sure you have smooth throttle control our they will be gone in a heartbeat.

Integra 09-16-2009 07:59 AM

I rock alot of different brands and compounds of tire's....From AKA to Panther to the New proline stuff.(WONT Touch the older proline stuff its JUNK in yo Trunk.)

for AKA Citi block and I beam combo's in Med and Soft.

For Panther Gator's and Boa's in soft and Super Soft

proline Caliber's ONLY with the new foams.

Im personally Not a fan of older proline bowtie's or Crimafighters they tear off lugs and do NOT last anywhere near as long as a set of aka's or panther's....Not to mention the craptastic grey foams that would tear in a matter of days not month's.

Zerodefect 09-16-2009 08:34 AM

You don't need 10 sets of tires! 5 is plenty. I usually get premounts, sometimes thier cheaper or at least real close.

AKA Ibeams -Soft.
AKA Gridirons-Soft
AKA Gridirons-hard

These three types should cover nearly any track condition fairly well. At least they'll cover all conditions well enough untill you see waht works on your track(s).

Add Works Stubs or Proline holeshots if you have indoor or extreme blu groove.

Add AKA cityblock if you see others haveing good luck with them.

PTP Racing 09-16-2009 08:52 AM

Buy 10 sets of AKA City Blocks :nod: They work for me everywhere :D

I bought 1 set soft City Blocks in January. I used them at my first 3 races of the year on 3 different tracks with great results on all 3. I had some older stuff glued up like soft Panther Boas and Gators and Proline M3 Crimefighters and Bowties but when I switched between the AKA and the others I didnt like them I guess because I had dailed my car in on the stiffer AKA foam. I sold all my used tires and have been using strictly AKA premounts ever since 95% of the time City Blocks have been my favorite but there were times the I-Beam or Grid Iron was useful.

I'd like to try some of the Proline Revolvers and Calibers and JConcepts Crowbars, Sevens, and Double Dees but am holding out for premounts with their new stiffer foams.

I'd also like to see some new AKA tread patterns for 2010 but I may just be dreaming.

Integra 09-16-2009 09:22 AM

I find weight is a large factor that most dont even account for...its Very important in truggy class...but seems to be lost in the transition to buggy....when i know i can drop 80g in a simple tire swap...i keep that in mind...also foam's...like PTP Racing said...he's used to the stiff foam of AKA where as i prefre the soft foam that panther has...in the end its all opinion's/driving style on what works and what doesn't.

Andrew Smolnik 09-16-2009 11:14 AM

Check out VP Pro Tires. Very high quality racing tires, at great prices!

www.vp-pro-usa.com

I use the VP Pro Turbo Trax in Ultra Flexx Compound at my local track. I also ALWAYS carry the following on me.

VP Pro Strikers in Ultra and medium Flexx compounds
VP Pro Cutoffs in Ultra and Medium Flexx compunds.

Hope this helps!

tc5 man 09-16-2009 04:29 PM

they dont look bad how come theres no truggy tires in premount and the price is pretty good how long do these tires last,on my track is hard packed and dusty. but at night time is moist and a little dusty