R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Is the Nitro Off-Road forum a mess? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/327765-nitro-off-road-forum-mess.html)

Lille-bror 09-15-2009 02:53 AM

Is the Nitro Off-Road forum a mess?

Hello.

I find it hard to grasp all the threads in this forum. Could it be an idea to make some sub-groups?

Buggy
Truggy
Engines
Fuel
Electronics

Sincerely

cheapskate.brok 09-15-2009 03:40 AM

It'll be boring.

I like the Nitro forum as it is, kinda like a night market so to say...

ganymede 09-15-2009 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by cheapskate.brok (Post 6347135)
It'll be boring.

I like the Nitro forum as it is, kinda like a night market so to say...

i don't think westerners would appreciate the night market... :smile: :smile:

token 09-15-2009 06:53 AM

This is good the way it is

Trevor Williams 09-15-2009 06:58 AM

it does have a search feature ;)

Lille-bror 09-15-2009 07:05 AM

:)

offroad racer 09-15-2009 07:22 AM

I think its fine the way it is though if you added a feature where you could do that or choose to view it like this that would be nice
:nod::tire:

8&stuff 09-15-2009 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by Lille-bror (Post 6347063)
Hello.

I find it hard to grasp all the threads in this forum. Could it be an idea to make some sub-groups?

Buggy
Truggy
Engines
Fuel
Electronics

Sincerely

Sounds like a good idea but have to agree with cheapskate.brok, it would get boring

Zerodefect 09-15-2009 08:18 AM

I like it the way it is. If you seperate everything then you lose advice as posts pertaining to truggies can be good info for buggies as well. Plus its convienient to have an everything nitro offroad forum....all you have to do is scroll though it all. It deosn't move that fast.

You also get differing opinions from an offroad nitro forum on parts that a standard engine or radio forum wouldn't have.

For example, if you post "What is the greatest servo for my truggy" in the radio forum here, you'll get all kinds off awnsers due to onroad and 1/10th scale guys having a totally different experience and brand loyalty with servos.
In a nitro forum you'll find guys that run 1/8th exclusively and aren't blinded by the good luck they've had with Airtronics or Jr in their flashlights.

In a nitro forum everyone will be screaming "7955"!

Not to mention the increased traffic that a topic gets because someone looking for Toro Nero info might stumble across a "Futaba sucks" thread and feel like checking it out for a bit.

The radio/electronics forum here is boring, I just post in Nitro offroad or E offroad (ick) for my radio advice.

noR 09-15-2009 08:27 AM

I like it as-is.

There's ALOT of overlap. And it works out well here.

Frank L 09-15-2009 09:20 AM

It works fine as is. If you want a servo for a 1/10 scale then go look in the electric off road for an answer to a 1/10 off road question. It's pretty simple as it is set up. What gets me are useless threads like thos one that bulk up the section as no info is being shared and that's what this forum is all about helpful Q&A. That does not mean you will get an unbiased answer as all posts are very biased but that's what makes them so useful. End point consumers like you and I sharing priceless personal experience. We usually don't agree but you can make an educated decision based on what other fellow racers have to say. It's much better than a mfg stating they have the best product that gets us nowhere.

1day 09-15-2009 09:24 AM

It's ok. But the threads that have over 5000 posts in them pertaining to one buggy is out of hand (Xray, RC8 etc..). I would rather see a seperate post for seperate problems rather than spending a week searching the thread. Not all of us live on a PC. That's just me though.

Wild Cherry 09-15-2009 11:11 AM

sorry

Like it fine as is ...

Brandon_oma#692 09-15-2009 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by 1day (Post 6348185)
It's ok. But the threads that have over 5000 posts in them pertaining to one buggy is out of hand (Xray, RC8 etc..). I would rather see a seperate post for seperate problems rather than spending a week searching the thread. Not all of us live on a PC. That's just me though.

After reading this the idea makes more sense

madweazl 09-15-2009 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by 1day (Post 6348185)

I was thinking about posting an index/faq for the 8ight 2.0 thread that had links to the posts with specific detailed information on common questions so you dont have to dig through hundreds of pages to find what you're looking for.