R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 09-14-2009, 08:29 AM   #1
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Smoke Stacks regarding a custom tmaxx

I was just curious if anyone has ever built a set of there own. I am using a 1/8th scale buggy pipe, and was curious if anyone out there has built a functional set of smoke stacks that looks pretty decent too.

I have looked in a lot of different places and cannot seem to find anything to setup your own.

If there is a site or link to someone who has already done so if you could let me know I would appreciate it thanks...
Old 09-14-2009, 01:33 PM   #2
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

our engine's don't burn 100% clean...the pipe's spit out the raw fuel when on the throttle....stack's would choke themselves in raw unburnt fuel....in theory it would be cool....but blowing up your motor due to raw unburnt fuel making it's way back into the combustion chamber in the raw oily state it is would not be so cool.....i honestly dont know if you could get it to work properly.

Ive seen the copper junk kits on ebay...but those are novelty item's at best and do Not perform like a real tuned pipe does...they are slower and require a wacky tune due to the ZERO back pressure and the fact there would be no pulses from the pipe would surely mess with the motor.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 01:40 PM   #3
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
our engine's don't burn 100% clean...the pipe's spit out the raw fuel when on the throttle....stack's would choke themselves in raw unburnt fuel....in theory it would be cool....but blowing up your motor due to raw unburnt fuel making it's way back into the combustion chamber in the raw oily state it is would not be so cool.....i honestly dont know if you could get it to work properly.

Ive seen the copper junk kits on ebay...but those are novelty item's at best and do Not perform like a real tuned pipe does...they are slower and require a wacky tune due to the ZERO back pressure and the fact there would be no pulses from the pipe would surely mess with the motor.
nick, i thought thats oil. if your spitting raw fuel your to rich. Oil wont burn in our cars all the way

Byron Fuels/AKA Tires/Radiopost/TKO/Viper Rc/Dialed Inc/Empire Metal Product/Advantage Racing Products
losi_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 02:56 PM   #4
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by losi_racer View Post
nick, i thought thats oil. if your spitting raw fuel your to rich. Oil wont burn in our cars all the way

yes and no....mostly oil yes.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 07:05 AM   #5
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
yes and no....mostly oil yes.
Wow. All very valid points guys thanks for the follow I do appreciate it. Thats why I ask the experts.

I am running a 1/8th scale buggy pipe in front of the smoke stacks just an fyi. But I am not going to actually run the stacks if its going to chew up the motor... I can visualize what you are saying about the residue sitting inside the stacks, not a good thing.

I will run just the pipe when I actually run my beast for the first time. I will use the Smoke Stacks (when I eventually build them) just for show.

Again thanks for the comments...

Last edited by traxxasjunky; 09-15-2009 at 07:28 AM.
traxxasjunky is offline   Reply With Quote