Savage XL stuck it neutral??????

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Savage XL stuck it neutral??????

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 02:17 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Savage XL stuck it neutral??????

I just got a savage xl. i ran 2 tanks thru it and it is fine. i went to run it the other day and its like it is stuck in neutral. ill give it throttle and it'll just rev up and wont go anywhere then it'll kick like it got into gear but be real sluggish. it also revs up by itself sometimes. (everything is fully charged) any ideas would be great.

thanks, tony
Old 09-17-2009, 05:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

If the engine is reving up on it's own, it sounds like it may be a little lean. If you have tuned the needles, try to richen it back up a little.

Make sure that all the drive cups are tight and no screws were lost. All drivetrain cups must remain tight with no screws missing or else they will spin on the shaft.
Check the flywheel and make sure their is no slipping. Check the spur gear for excessive slipping.
I assume you didn't install reverse. If you did, your linkage needs adjusted. If no reverse and everything above checks out, you will need to tear into the transmission and see what's going on.
If you're unable to do this, take it to a hobby store and see if they can help you out.
If worse comes to worse, you can send the truck or tranny to me and I will get you going at no charge other than the parts. I am in WV, not far from you.
You can email me direct at [email protected]
Old 09-17-2009, 11:44 AM
Tech Rookie

thanks