Wiki Posts
Search

Please Help with New Servos

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 08:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (88%+)
Default Please Help with New Servos

Okay guys i have a Hitec 5985 on throttle and a Futaba BLS451 on steering. Are they always that loud? And does anyone know why after i let off the brake the the throttle goes back to wide open? If you guys could help me out on how to set these up the right way so i dont ruin them. Also these are both new. Here is a vid:
http://s453.photobucket.com/albums/q...t=CIMG0010.flv
Old 09-10-2009, 08:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

edit: oh wait what am i thinking. it looks like your trim is off.

oh and dude your linkage is set up wrong. your collar needs to be placed closer to the end of the throttle servo rod.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

sounds like he has the throttle hooked to steering, and steering hooked to throttle. check to make sure your rx is hooked up right. also did you center the throttle servo? remove the servo horn from the throttle. then turn on transmitter and make sure your tx is set at zero. then reinstall the servo horn and adjust arm, and trim as the gent above mentioned.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:55 PM
Tech Master

It is setup right. I was pulling the trigger when the throttle opened so it must be setup right.
Old 09-10-2009, 09:02 PM
Tech Master

I did that. Still makes noises. Also when i put the collar towards the end of the rod, the servo has to move a little bit before it gets to the collar. So the servo is already moving before the carb opens. Is that ok?
Old 09-10-2009, 09:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jhipps835
I did that. Still makes noises. Also when i put the collar towards the end of the rod, the servo has to move a little bit before it gets to the collar. So the servo is already moving before the carb opens. Is that ok?
assuming the direction of your servo is correct, do the following.

1. keep adjusting the trim until it starts to open the carb in the neutral position.

2. adjust the trim the other direction and observe the carb slide. once the carb slide is fully closed, STOP adjusting the trim.

3. adjust the rod collar so that it's very close to the servo horn arm.

4. verify that the at the neutral position, that the wheels roll freely. if it doesn't roll freely, make sure that the throttle spring is the correct length. if it's too short, your trim is overcompensating for that short spring to fully close the carb at neutral position. if the spring is ok, adjust the break cam so that the wheels roll freely in the neutral position.

5. adjust throttle end point just enough that the carb is fully opened if the triggered is pulled all the way. but it should only be open enough to the size of the venturi.

neutral position = the position of the servo when your not doing anything to the transmitter.