R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 09-10-2009, 07:04 AM   #1
Tech Adept

Default clutch/engine problems

ok so I ran my GO 5 port gen 4 today and i noticed it has no bottoem end at all. when I use full throttle it revs up and doesnt start screamin till mid range. It has loads of top end, crazy top end but from low end to mid theres nothing. theres plenty of smoke at full throttle. I have checked the low end and its not making that rich burbling sound and its not lean bogging. at idle you can see tiny droplets of fuel at the exhaust tip now and then. not alot though.
Im using alloy clutch shoes which i installed my self and the tips of the clutch springs are worn.
im going to try some high bite carbon shoes and new springs. I may have bent the old ones.
I hope it is the clutch because my engine seems to be runing ok apart from the powerless bottom when I hit the throttle
zonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 09:14 PM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Pipe can affect bottom and stiffer cultch springs may help to. Hope this Helps.
bigde2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 04:06 AM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonda View Post
ok so I ran my GO 5 port gen 4 today and i noticed it has no bottoem end at all. when I use full throttle it revs up and doesnt start screamin till mid range. It has loads of top end, crazy top end but from low end to mid theres nothing. theres plenty of smoke at full throttle. I have checked the low end and its not making that rich burbling sound and its not lean bogging. at idle you can see tiny droplets of fuel at the exhaust tip now and then. not alot though.
Im using alloy clutch shoes which i installed my self and the tips of the clutch springs are worn.
im going to try some high bite carbon shoes and new springs. I may have bent the old ones.
I hope it is the clutch because my engine seems to be runing ok apart from the powerless bottom when I hit the throttle
try a stiffer clutch set up gotech have notorious huge bottom end ...try leaning the lsn an hour at a time as well ..maybe to rich on bottom ...

TEAM REDS RACING ENGINES USA
TEAM PROLINE-RACING
TEAM RC AMERICA/XRAY/HUDY
zixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 09:05 AM   #4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Is this motor fully broken in ? If not it can still be tight and just needs more run time on it.
If it is broken in , then check for worn out springs, if there engaging too soon then it will cause a to feel like there is no bottom end power.