Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Motor and Servo's. Need opinions

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 10:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Motor and Servo's. Need opinions

Awhile back I was starting a car build up but slow times finally cost me my job. I had to sell about everything that i had to keep afloat. I managed to keep my T-maxx and My M-11 2.4. I am starting to get back on the horse again and just bought me another car on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Its a Jammin X1 with a few upgrades. The person that i purchased it from is also including a JP-1 pipe in good condition. Looks like it will be a really nice car, I should get it in a few days. While I dont have all the money just yet, I am going to have a total of 600 to spend (thats including the car) so I have about 400 left.
I am going to be in the market for an engine and sevo's. .21 engine only. I want brand new, nothing used, And I need to the engine to be able to run 30% nitro content fuel. ( I got 8 gallons of it from a hobby shop close down thats still fresh).
The local track (being built) is going to be a tighter track with 1 long straight
(about 100-120 feet) if it goes up like planned. Also, what tooth clutch bell(s) would be a good choice to have a selection of?
Thanks
-Will
Old 09-09-2009, 10:23 PM
Tech Prophet

u race on the same kind of track as me ,i use a nova .21 bf thats around $150 really good engine and has gobbs of torque i would use that pipe that is included with the jammin i use a dyna 86 pipe which is high speed and its good as for clutchbells i would say 14 or a 15 i woulnt do a 13 tooth i think that would be way to much torque,but i do run a losi eight though so i dont know what the gear radio is on a jammin but they are really good buggys .
as for servos i would look at hitec dingal servo that has at least 130 or more oz of torque and a speed about 15 to 13,as for throttle i use a futaba cordless servo that more faster than torque but has enough torque to stop
the buggy about in the 100 ozs and it cost about $94 and never has failed me yet u want more speed than torque for your throttle