Wiki Posts
Search

Os Speed .21 5 port

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 08:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Wow guys thanks for all your replys and opinions, i think i will bite the bullet and do the 5 port change, and put the motor in the new 2.0T that will arrive tomorrow. I have a Go 7 port engine that has nearly half gallon but this will be my spare engine and put a B5 in the 8b 2.0!!
Old 09-10-2009, 11:22 AM
Tech Elite

Question, whats the problem with running a enigne the way its designed? I just dont see how these (IMO STUPID MODS) will benefit you on race day. I can see modding the PS to give you a smoother power band or better fuel economy, but to put different P/S into a block that its not made for, I just dont get.

Why? and what do you get out of it in performance?

Not trying to be rude do dont cut off my head but I have been around this hobby for a LONG time and just dont get it
Old 09-10-2009, 12:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by token
Question, whats the problem with running a enigne the way its designed? I just dont see how these (IMO STUPID MODS) will benefit you on race day. I can see modding the PS to give you a smoother power band or better fuel economy, but to put different P/S into a block that its not made for, I just dont get.

Why? and what do you get out of it in performance?

Not trying to be rude do dont cut off my head but I have been around this hobby for a LONG time and just dont get it
First off, I have a Speed and a Speed/JX21 engine. At the ROAR regionals, the Speed made good power, but the Speed JX21 made even more power. Enough to clear every short run-up jump with ease and enough topend to pull away from anyone or stay with the fastest ones out there on the long straight and around the next corner continuing onwards. Both are MAG Speeds with 2060 pipesets. Now, if you have a worn out Speed and wanted to rebuild it, it would cost less with a JX21 p/s or p/s/r set than the Speed parts. So if you're asking why people are trying to make a 5 port Speed, there's your answer. As for further mods, I haven't tried the EB Mods head button yet, but will soon. I'm working with a 367 I made changes too right now that has slightly less bottom but even more mid and topend than this 5 port Speed right now
Old 09-10-2009, 01:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ezveedub
First off, I have a Speed and a Speed/JX21 engine. At the ROAR regionals, the Speed made good power, but the Speed JX21 made even more power. Enough to clear every short run-up jump with ease and enough topend to pull away from anyone or stay with the fastest ones out there on the long straight and around the next corner continuing onwards. Both are MAG Speeds with 2060 pipesets. Now, if you have a worn out Speed and wanted to rebuild it, it would cost less with a JX21 p/s or p/s/r set than the Speed parts. So if you're asking why people are trying to make a 5 port Speed, there's your answer. As for further mods, I haven't tried the EB Mods head button yet, but will soon. I'm working with a 367 I made changes too right now that has slightly less bottom but even more mid and topend than this 5 port Speed right now

I have never had a problem with my speed clearing anything on any track that is meant to be cleared. I am also not a person to rebuild a engine. my engines go they go, i buy a fresh new one. I will never mix new parts with old parts, thats just me. plus as far as racing, I know a PRO Sponsered racers that kills with a Dyn Platinum 21 and he runs against the best racers in the world. So I dont see how having all that powers can put a racer in to contention. I always thought it was the driver.
Old 09-10-2009, 01:30 PM
Tech Elite

I have never had a problem with my speed clearing anything on any track that is meant to be cleared. I am also not a person to rebuild a engine. my engines go they go, i buy a fresh new one. I will never mix new parts with old parts, thats just me. plus as far as racing, I know a PRO Sponsered racers that kills with a Dyn Platinum 21 and he runs against the best racers in the world. So I dont see how having all that powers can put a racer in to contention. I always thought it was the driver.
OK, so what does that have to do with a building a 5 port Speed? It seems you having nothing to offer other than to criticize and say they driver has is everything and motor is nothing. If that's the case, no one would by anything other than a O.S. VG or Novarossi 21BF and win all the races. I know plenty of pro drivers too and a Dyn Platinum .21 ain't cutting it with them, nor did I see anyone running something like that at the regionals.
Old 09-10-2009, 01:50 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by greenracing
thanks Twister!!! this motor has 17 gallons so it is time to do this rebuilt, that or, buy a Werks B5.. what to do
A guy at my local tracks just started running a b5 with a trinity bad boy pipe he's getting 11 min and good overall performance. It's no where as smooth as the speed I run and it lacks top end but for 200 bucks you can't beat it.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ezveedub
OK, so what does that have to do with a building a 5 port Speed? It seems you having nothing to offer other than to criticize and say they driver has is everything and motor is nothing. If that's the case, no one would by anything other than a O.S. VG or Novarossi 21BF and win all the races. I know plenty of pro drivers too and a Dyn Platinum .21 ain't cutting it with them, nor did I see anyone running something like that at the regionals.

Yes I am criticizing because mismatching parts just dont make sense to me. And I spoke about one pro driver and it works for him. and he would not be a 100% factory sponsered Pro driver if it didnt. I dont know what the other plenty of driver use. Im just saying trying to get all the power out of an engine dont win races. What people do is what they do? I was just asking why?
Old 09-10-2009, 02:10 PM
Tech Regular

The JX21 is OS Based in the first place. OS Made. So it's not really mixing and matching. The parts are made from the same mold/manu, so in this case it's going with whats cheaper, or putting the best of both worlds into a single engine.

IE. 5 Port Sleeve instead of 3, a coated crank with silicone filling (smoother powerband), and speed "polished" rod (durability).

Like someone posted earlier the only "standout" reason that the JX is a 5 Port is so it's not classed with the OS VZB/Speed line.

I wouldn't consider this to be a "franken" motor since eveything going into it is OS Based/Made.

If this was a "franken" motor thread I would understand your question, and would respond with to each there own.

Just my 2 cents on why anyone would want to touch an already great product, and I would rebuild a motor till everything fused together inside if thats what it takes to make me buy a new one.

Last edited by RJNicholson; 09-10-2009 at 02:57 PM.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

ezve dont get so mad one opinion is just one opinion,and remember opinions r like a**holes everybody has one, token you just keep on postin your 100 posts a month
Old 09-10-2009, 02:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi token, thanks for your questions, well as ezveedub said is more cheap doing this that buying another engine, and about mixing old and new parts, the only old parts will be the crankcase and crankshaft bc i already have new bearings and rod. I have been a very long time in the hobby too and from experience we the end user always mark the trend of the hobby, for example how truggies born? People puting big tires in 1/8 to compete in mt class, another example: electric 1/8, people tossing the fuel engine and putting lipos and electric power, and i am sure that if enough people do the 5 port speed thing, in a year or maybe less, we will have a 5 port vspec from factory.

Last edited by greenracing; 09-10-2009 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Mispelling
Old 09-10-2009, 02:28 PM
Tech Elite

Yes I am criticizing because mismatching parts just dont make sense to me. And I spoke about one pro driver and it works for him. and he would not be a 100% factory sponsered Pro driver if it didnt. I dont know what the other plenty of driver use. Im just saying trying to get all the power out of an engine dont win races. What people do is what they do? I was just asking why?
Who said anything about mismatching parts? How does using O.S. parts in an O.S. engine mismatching? Also, if this is case, why does Novarossi USA sell the 21-7 FMS? It not a off the shelf 21-7BT. I have spoken with Novarossi USA about cranks and what cranks to use based on each motor. Add the fact that a Novarossi 21-5 is Plus motor version of a P5X, so I guess Novarossi is mismatching motors too.

Last edited by ezveedub; 09-10-2009 at 02:45 PM.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by lucky2
ezve dont get so mad one opinion is just one opinion,and remember opinions r like a**holes everybody has one, token you just keep on postin your 100 posts a month
Old 09-10-2009, 03:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Ezveedub let us know how that EB MODS head works.I'm thinking about getting one for my JX that I'm putting in my MBX-6T.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bphil49
Ezveedub let us know how that EB MODS head works.I'm thinking about getting one for my JX that I'm putting in my MBX-6T.
I have it currently on a Speed in a MBX6T & the power is good, but I really can't say much yet, since the tune was off. Now that its tuned properly, I'm going to remove it to see much change there is. I'm planning on dropping it into the JX21 Speed to see if the power increases more.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

because half the fun of this hobby for some people like myself, is building, expiermenting, trying new things, different parts, oils, batteries, servos, radios, body's, wings, tires, engines, pipes etc. I love buying parts!

If i had a speed rod, it would be in my jx or vspec right now. Because it's mine and i can do that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.