Search

O'Donnell O'Lube Wax Lubricant?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 09:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default O'Donnell O'Lube Wax Lubricant?

Hey,

I was wondering what you guys think about the O'Lube Wax Lubricant from O'Donnell. It is worth getting and using? Do you guys recommend using it or another brand of the wax lubricant. So if you have anything to say about it please do so. I got a bottle of some and want to know if it's good stuff.

Thanks
Shawn
Old 09-09-2009, 09:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shanty140
Hey,

I was wondering what you guys think about the O'Lube Wax Lubricant from O'Donnell. It is worth getting and using? Do you guys recommend using it or another brand of the wax lubricant. So if you have anything to say about it please do so. I got a bottle of some and want to know if it's good stuff.

Thanks
Shawn
Very good stuff actually. Works on anything that pivots, but also works very well in bearings along with a bit of grease.

Nice thing about it; doesn't attract dirt. That's always nice.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

one of the best lubes i have ever used for sure. I use it a lot on bearings and it works really well but definitely a good all around lube. I also use the Eureka lube that TKO imports from australia but to me its only good for the transmission and not bearings.

imo, they are hands down the best stuff out there and all that i use right now.

there are some others i have been wanting to try, one in particular is the ultimate racing copper colored stuff, heard its suppose to be pretty good for gears and suff
Old 09-09-2009, 01:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I buy the rubber shielded bearings for use on my drivetrain. While they are smooth, they don't exactly spin freely. After removing one of the shields and placing a few drops the bearings spin very well.
Old 09-09-2009, 02:48 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

o'lube is awesome !!!!!

make sure your car is clean and use sparingly , you will be surprised how free your car is when you are done

doesn't attract anymore dirt than your car would normally
Old 09-09-2009, 03:56 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

From what ive found OD Wax lube Does Attract enough dirt for me to not use it.....ANY form of Lube that isn't a 100% Dry Film Will attract dirt...i would rather run my CV's dry then with OD lube as the dirt Will stick and will wear out the part faster then it should....granted the kind of dirt you race in may play a Large factor...but most if not all tracks have a little dusty fluff on the outside of corner's that's bound to get on the somewhat tacky CV's and it sticks.....Sullivan Dry ice is the same thing...it may appear dry...but go grab a handful of dry dirt and apply it to a OD lubed CV and see what im talkin about.
Old 09-09-2009, 04:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I heart O'Lube
Rev
Old 09-09-2009, 04:27 PM
Tech Elite

OD lube is great!!
Old 09-09-2009, 07:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
From what ive found OD Wax lube Does Attract enough dirt for me to not use it.....ANY form of Lube that isn't a 100% Dry Film Will attract dirt...i would rather run my CV's dry then with OD lube as the dirt Will stick and will wear out the part faster then it should....granted the kind of dirt you race in may play a Large factor...but most if not all tracks have a little dusty fluff on the outside of corner's that's bound to get on the somewhat tacky CV's and it sticks.....Sullivan Dry ice is the same thing...it may appear dry...but go grab a handful of dry dirt and apply it to a OD lubed CV and see what im talkin about.
I actually agree. I used some on my hinge pins one time just to try. When I took the pins out, they were harder to get out than normal, almost had drag on the way out. Once removed, the pins had a real nice little build up of waxy dirt build up. I use it on all metal to metal parts, but wont use it on real tight tolerance areas. Good stuff none-the-less.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

If you want to avoid dirt while still lubricating, try Finish Line Dry Teflon lubricant. It is found in bikeshops, lubricates really well without attracting dirt. It becomes a dry... paste... it's unlike any other consistency you'll ever feel.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:58 PM
Tech Master

WD-40 And an Air compressor...IMO, The Darn thing is going to get dirty, If you wanna get all clean get a silicon or graphite lube, never run in the dirt.Off Road is Dirty..Its supposed to be, its high Maintenance, Its supposed to be, look at any other off/on road sport?

Race means Work, Results = Fun!
Old 09-10-2009, 07:25 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fast11970
WD-40 And an Air compressor...IMO, The Darn thing is going to get dirty, If you wanna get all clean get a silicon or graphite lube, never run in the dirt.Off Road is Dirty..Its supposed to be, its high Maintenance, Its supposed to be, look at any other off/on road sport?

Race means Work, Results = Fun!

when parts wear out 5X faster then they should due to lube/grease in the wrong place....that's Not how its supposed to be....Ive used Graphite and silicone based Dry lube's but have other issues with them...maybe ill look into the Finish Line stuff.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I've been using O' Lube for some time now and it does NOT make anything you put it on wear out faster. I don't care if your a mutant and put a force feild around your car it's still going to get dirty in OFF ROAD. From my experience with it the wax acts as a protectant, and it greatly improves the logevity of pretty much any moving part.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:12 AM
Tech Elite

i'm with Mr Tongue on this one
Old 09-10-2009, 11:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

This is what we use, we use it on our kart chains as well as most bearings, it works great on every part of an rc car
http://www.whitelightningco.com/products/index.htm

Yeah its dirt and things are going to get dirty, but like someone said "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.