R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-07-2009, 08:45 AM   #1
Tech Elite
 
Outtacontrol58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: FLORIDA
Posts: 2,129
Trader Rating: 91 (98%+)
Send a message via AIM to Outtacontrol58
Thumbs up Servo for Losi 8T 2.0??

I am looking for a steering servo for a losi 8T 2.0 that is inexpensive. Will this one do it from hobby partz?? Here is the link
http://www.hobbypartz.com/12exiseb11.html
Outtacontrol58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 09:08 AM   #2
Tech Master
 
Bigedmond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,837
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

no. You want something with 170oz, or more of torque. You have to be ready to spend more then 20 bucks. Up to 120, but the Ace 1015 is less then 100 bucks, and will do the job perfect
Bigedmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 09:19 AM   #3
Tech Apprentice
 
Echelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 53
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigedmond View Post
no. You want something with 170oz, or more of torque. You have to be ready to spend more then 20 bucks. Up to 120, but the Ace 1015 is less then 100 bucks, and will do the job perfect
The specs say it has 208Oz of torque. But at this price I think it cant be reliable...

You're better off with a (more expensive) reliable and proven servo.
Like Bigedmond says, the DS1015 is a good servo. I use it myself.
Echelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 09:27 AM   #4
Tech Master
 
Bigedmond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,837
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

the servo you are looking at looks to have the right torque, but look at the size. 58x28x52. The ace is 41.8x20.6x39.6. That is a full 16mm longer in length, 7mm wider, and 12mm taller. That will not fit your truggy.

Ace 1015
Bigedmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 09:38 AM   #5
Tech Master
 
sickpuppy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Gardner,KS
Posts: 1,322
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

It also is a standard motor, not even coreless.It will have centering issues and be jerky. It says metal gears, but they arre probably brass....very soft. Do yourself a favor and dont buy! You might as well walk down the pits and say "here" and hand someone 20 bucks, the result is the same, giving someone 20 bucks for nothing.... If you wanna save some money and buy a decent servo on a budget get a JR 650M. Not a high torgue one but does ok and reliable. Or go to Ebay and wait for an Airtronics 94358 or 9 , even used. They are a workforse for sure! Only difference is the 58 has one Nylon gear, all others metal. the 359 is all metal, period. The JR can be had for under 50 bucks brand new.
sickpuppy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 10:31 AM   #6
Tech Lord
 
Integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,482
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickpuppy1 View Post
It also is a standard motor, not even coreless.It will have centering issues and be jerky. It says metal gears, but they arre probably brass....very soft. Do yourself a favor and dont buy! You might as well walk down the pits and say "here" and hand someone 20 bucks, the result is the same, giving someone 20 bucks for nothing.... If you wanna save some money and buy a decent servo on a budget get a JR 650M. Not a high torgue one but does ok and reliable. Or go to Ebay and wait for an Airtronics 94358 or 9 , even used. They are a workforse for sure! Only difference is the 58 has one Nylon gear, all others metal. the 359 is all metal, period. The JR can be had for under 50 bucks brand new.
you do know that 90% of servo gear's are Brass/Nylon combo's right ? Hitec is Titanium.....JR has steel gear's in the HV's.... but Everything else is Brass...JR650's are the stock servo the RTR's come with They are Junk and wont last more then a couple days....most Airtronics servo's are analog which imo is inferior to Digital in many ways.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Outtacontrol58 View Post
I am looking for a steering servo for a losi 8T 2.0 that is inexpensive. Will this one do it from hobby partz?? Here is the link
http://www.hobbypartz.com/12exiseb11.html


that is a 1/4 scale servo.....defiantly wont fit an 1/8


Spend 100$ on a Hitec 7955 and Forget about spending another Penny on a servo....well until your throttle craps out...then another 7955 will be needed.....this hobby is expensive...20$ wont get you very far in any facet of this hobby.
__________________
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 07:24 PM   #7
Tech Elite
 
Outtacontrol58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: FLORIDA
Posts: 2,129
Trader Rating: 91 (98%+)
Send a message via AIM to Outtacontrol58
Thumbs up 650 and 590

Thanks alot guys, i have a jr 650 that i am not using and will probably use that and see how it works, and try my 590z on the throttle, Is that ok? I know the RTRs have this setup.
Outtacontrol58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 07:36 PM   #8
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,506
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

7955 or 7950 for steering and for throttle u should use a analog servo digi servos try to slef center and over heat in throttle apps. hitec recomends analog throttle servos i like the 985 for throttle is faster than the 7955 and cheaper.
jewn_beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 07:45 PM   #9
Tech Lord
 
Frank L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NorCal
Posts: 12,500
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

The new jr high volt servos 9100hvt & 9100hvs are the best servos on the planet. I run a 8t 2.0 and they are awesome with the lipo. I got them from carolinasrc.com best price around and they had them to me in ca in 2 days no extra charge. Carolinasrc always has the best price and their service is second to none.
__________________
- X-Ray/ RC America Team Driver - MKS -
- XB8 - XB8T - XB8 E - OS Spec III - B2102 - 4PXR -
~ SSC ~ Godfather ~ Ironman ~ ButterySmooth ~
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 07:51 PM   #10
Tech Regular
 
Buzz3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 440
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outtacontrol58 View Post
Thanks alot guys, i have a jr 650 that i am not using and will probably use that and see how it works, and try my 590z on the throttle, Is that ok? I know the RTRs have this setup.
They are good enough until they leave you dead on the track. Make sure you have a throttle return spring as a friends new RTR lost the servo and hung WOT til it siezed. They replaced it all for free but he missed races until it shipped. Get the 7955 and forget about servo's or go cheap and pay the real price.
Buzz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 07:54 PM   #11
Tech Lord
 
Integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,482
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewn_beef View Post
7955 or 7950 for steering and for throttle u should use a analog servo digi servos try to slef center and over heat in throttle apps. hitec recomends analog throttle servos i like the 985 for throttle is faster than the 7955 and cheaper.

that is not a legitimate statement in regards to a digital on throttle.
__________________
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 08:12 PM   #12
Tech Elite
 
Outtacontrol58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: FLORIDA
Posts: 2,129
Trader Rating: 91 (98%+)
Send a message via AIM to Outtacontrol58
Default

After reading i think i am going to use the 650z on the throttle and i am probably getting a failsafe so i dont hav to get a throttle return spring. Still looking at these da*n steering servos tho Haha But i am so siked i have a 8t2.0
Outtacontrol58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 08:22 PM   #13
Tech Lord
 
Integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,482
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outtacontrol58 View Post
After reading i think i am going to use the 650z on the throttle and i am probably getting a failsafe so i dont hav to get a throttle return spring. Still looking at these da*n steering servos tho Haha But i am so siked i have a 8t2.0


a fail safe does not safe guard you against the servo failing....If the servo fail's at WOT a fail safe might not essentially bring it back to idle per say.....Ive seen MANY servo's fail with fail safe's set yet the car still puckered off into the sunset...So you want to be smart about it...spend the $$ now...before your Forced to later...and quite possibly along with a new motor or some serious chassis damage from a Bad crash due to a runaway.
__________________
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 08:27 PM   #14
Tech Elite
 
Outtacontrol58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: FLORIDA
Posts: 2,129
Trader Rating: 91 (98%+)
Send a message via AIM to Outtacontrol58
Default .

Ok, i will def holf off for a fail safe and get a little throttle return!
Outtacontrol58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 08:32 PM   #15
Tech Lord
 
Integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,482
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outtacontrol58 View Post
Ok, i will def holf off for a fail safe and get a little throttle return!


even that isn't 100%....a return band or spring is there in case the actual carb ball pop's off or your linkages fall apart and nothing more.
__________________
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
8T 2.0 polarismaster Nitro Off-Road 15880 02-02-2015 10:31 AM
******Losi 8T 2.0 brushless w/lipo****** Gilley11 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 23 08-31-2009 04:23 PM
for trade new in box team losi 8t 2.0 for rtr truggy jeremyy456 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 21 07-20-2009 02:27 PM
FS/FT SC8 Tekno Brushless kit,Nue/Impakt motor,Mamba Moster V3 Trade for Losi 8T 2.0 ffpm46 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 11 02-15-2009 05:22 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:09 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net