Community
Wiki Posts
Search

nitro rc carb is sticking

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 12:49 PM
Tech Initiate

Exclamation nitro rc carb is sticking

when i throttle my truck the part on the carb were the low speed needle is at it goes out fine but doesn't go back the whole way. is this an a adjustment problem or is it a carb problem. oh also i just replace the carb body before this started happening.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:50 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by traxxasman104
when i throttle my truck the part on the carb were the low speed needle is at it goes out fine but doesn't go back the whole way. is this an a adjustment problem or is it a carb problem. oh also i just replace the carb body before this started happening.
and the wether changed a good bit after i put my new carb in
Old 09-04-2009, 01:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 82 (99%+)

as with any sliding part it needs lube so get some after run oil on it and make sure your linkage is not binding.
Old 09-06-2009, 10:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

sounds like a bur some where.
Old 09-07-2009, 07:08 AM
Tech Addict

Sometimes the idle adjust screw is out so far that the slide will close past the point that it should, then unless the slide moves open the idle adjust screw will put a bur in the slide and this will cause it to bind a little.
Old 09-07-2009, 08:39 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by traxxasman104
Did you seal the carb body to the case? Did you clean the replacement carb before installing it? Also, if you have not checked or changed your air filter regularly some dust may have caused the resistance.... or you may have a hole in the carb boot which will also allow dust to enter the carb body... the dust mixes with the fuel and creates a gummy surface and will cause the carb slider to stick... its very easy to check and clean out...

*Back out the idle screw so you can remove the slider...
*Spray some methanol hydrate into the carb body and slider... wipe off residue...
*Use 2 to 3 drops of after run oil on both the slider and carb...
*Re-install the slider and set the idle screw approx 2mm open...
*ALWAYS use a throttle return spring, for safety from a run away and to help close the carb to maintain idle settings...
*Double check linkage adjustments...
*Re-adjust idle setting/tunning during operation...

This will clean any dust or gummy fuel off the moving parts and should fix the sticking problem, if not, your carb has been damaged and will need to be replaced...

Last edited by dirtyboysanchez; 09-07-2009 at 09:03 AM.