Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need help fast...racing tomorrow!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 08:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Need help fast...racing tomorrow!

Hey guys...I need some quick advice. I am racing tomorrow morning. I just got a Spectrum Receiver and I was attempting to plug in my transponder when I noticed the plug does not fit. How can I remove the plug and add a different type of plug that fits? I can take one off an extra servo I have, but just not sure how to switch them. Please help asap!! Thanks!
Old 09-04-2009, 08:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ryno RC
Hey guys...I need some quick advice. I am racing tomorrow morning. I just got a Spectrum Receiver and I was attempting to plug in my transponder when I noticed the plug does not fit. How can I remove the plug and add a different type of plug that fits? I can take one off an extra servo I have, but just not sure how to switch them. Please help asap!! Thanks!

mine was the same way.....if its a AMB trans take a hobby knife and shave the extra flange off the side
Old 09-04-2009, 08:36 PM
Tech Adept

More than likely, your plug has a small index tab on it (Futaba Style???). Take a sharp knife, and CAREFULLY cut it close to flush with the plug body. Once it is trimmed, take a file, and finish removing the tab. There is a small bevel on one of the corners of the connector, that indexes to the small angular tab on the receiver.

Hope this helps
Old 09-04-2009, 08:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Just chop off the little extra peg theres nothing in side the peg. Its just for support
Old 09-04-2009, 08:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Sorry, my fault, I got it to fit! I had to push it in a certain direction before pushing down to get it to fit. At first I didn't want to use excessive force but after pushing it to the bottom side a bit it worked. Thanks guys for your very fast repies. I'd be lost without these forums!