R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Tire glue (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/324746-tire-glue.html)

xxxtcr 09-03-2009 05:48 PM

Tire glue

I'm so sick of asking this, but maybe you guys can help, Losi glue sucks, Which is the best, I'm sick of my tires coming off the rim

helivaguy 09-03-2009 05:50 PM

you will get a thousand different answers but i personally use AKA ca glue and its the best,
preparation for gluing is a big factor also.

xxxtcr 09-03-2009 05:59 PM

I'm talkin out of the bag onto the rim best glue available, I dont prep my rims and never have, but all of a sudden a switch to losi glue has been giving me problems. I use my local hobby shop glue, which usually works great, but would like to hear everyones opinion before switching back.

TonyNg 09-03-2009 06:11 PM

Loctite 406, just need to wipe the rim & tire with a cloth to remove any grime ;)

2fst2c 09-03-2009 06:24 PM

+1 on the AKA. Love the stuff!

NitroOB4You 09-03-2009 06:29 PM

I havn't used AKA, but FWIW, Pavidas recomends NO prep, simply asemble tire/insert/wheel and glue.
On that note, I've been using Lucky7 glue ( and other products) rather successfully for over a year now.

helivaguy 09-03-2009 06:40 PM

no prep?
like put the glue on the tire or rim with the mold release agent?
i remove the mold release agent from my tires and rims and lightly wipe them both with a scotch brite pad,i then use the thin glue so it wicks all the way around the seams.
Pavidas recomends NO prep..thats because he has free supply of fresh mounted sets at his disposal.
reading the instructions on the glue and or tire package helps.

TonyNg 09-03-2009 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by helivaguy (Post 6298399)
no prep?
like put the glue on the tire or rim with the mold release agent?
i remove the mold release agent from my tires and rims and lightly wipe them both with a scotch brite pad,i then use the thin glue so it wicks all the way around the seams.
Pavidas recomends NO prep..thats because he has free supply of fresh mounted sets at his disposal.
reading the instructions on the glue and or tire package helps.

+1 - CA glue is an adhesive, not a cleaning solvent
It only takes just a few seconds to wipe clean a set of rim & tire, whereby you can have peace of mind it will hold well in your 45 mins final. ;)

jpalessi 09-03-2009 07:42 PM

i dont prep anything..... punch holes and get gluin. 4 tires takes me about 15 - 20 mins and they're ready to hit the track when im done..

imaxx21 09-03-2009 07:57 PM

no prep, Fusion glue, win...

Integra 09-03-2009 08:28 PM

AKA glue here.....i prep pending the brand...some need it....some dont.....its all personal preference in the end....do what you want and cuz your the one who has to deal with the guys laughing at you when you blow a tire clean off the rim or puke out a foam 1/2 way through the main. :lol:

bigde2001 09-03-2009 08:53 PM

I have not used AKA glue but I have used pink zap for years and love it.

sickboy 09-03-2009 09:06 PM

I used to use pink Zap, but once I tried the Ofna Fusion glue, I will never use anything else. Once I clean the rims/tires, I can glue a set of 1/8 buggy tires in 5 minutes. It dries instantly and I never, ever have to "touch up" a bead, and have never had a failure. Be careful though, its VERY thin, definately not for rookies.

ABURTON 09-03-2009 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by xxxtcr (Post 6298195)
I'm so sick of asking this, but maybe you guys can help, Losi glue sucks, Which is the best, I'm sick of my tires coming off the rim

Losi glue is not your problem. We use it and glue several hundreds of set per month without issue.

I'm sure other glues are good as well. But I'm sure it's not the glue.

Frank L 09-03-2009 09:46 PM

+1000 on AKA. I do have to prep the proline rims but the aka rims and tires just pop them out of the package and glue them. AKA glue is all I use, I have had a few spots come unglued but no major problems. I love the AKA glue.