R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-05-2009, 12:19 AM   #46
Tech Elite
 
COBRARACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,300
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
decent warranty....but what will you tell a 2nd gen customer....some one who bought the servo used or does not have a receipt ?

any proof to back up that statement.
Mks will have a register and serial number system(database) and thats what the distributor and retail store must have as well to monitor the sale date ,serial number etc .

It has to be done properly and monitored and then there will be no problems for warranty claims .

When procedures are followed properly there will not be any problems .
__________________
Email : teamcobraracing@gmail.com or ae@hobbywing.com
Repair service Address
Hobbywing Technology Co., Ltd.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 06:58 AM   #47
Tech Adept
 
WingWrecker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 248
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
You do not need 500 OZ of torque for a buggy!! If you were driving a 1/1 bulldozer 500 OZ of torque might be too much..skip it..anything between 200-300 is way more than fine!
I agree that torque can be overkill but I am looking for speed as well. It's hard to find a 200+oz torque MG servo with anything under .15 sec at 6v. Unless I want to spend $200 on one servo, I guess.
__________________
8ight 2.0 RTR - 350 w/Turbo Head - Re11 - 4 Shoes - Ace servos - AKA tires
WingWrecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 07:19 AM   #48
Tech Lord
 
Integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,482
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
Mks will have a register and serial number system(database) and thats what the distributor and retail store must have as well to monitor the sale date ,serial number etc .

It has to be done properly and monitored and then there will be no problems for warranty claims .

When procedures are followed properly there will not be any problems .


so basically screw you if your not the original owner ? doesn't sound like the other Big Wigs in the servo Industry.

mmmmm 500oz
__________________
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 12:03 PM   #49
Tech Adept
 
WingWrecker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 248
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Thanks for all of the replies and information.

I ended up sticking to my budget and getting the ACE 1015 (steering) at my LHS for $90. At .11 sec it has the speed and hopefully 200 oz of torque will suffice.

For throttle I plan to order the Hobbico CS-140. At .13 sec and 83 oz it should work. And if it pukes then I'm only out $35 and I'll get something higher end.

Thanks again for all of the info and suggestions.

Evvy
__________________
8ight 2.0 RTR - 350 w/Turbo Head - Re11 - 4 Shoes - Ace servos - AKA tires
WingWrecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 05:08 PM   #50
Tech Lord
 
Integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,482
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingWrecker View Post
Thanks for all of the replies and information.

I ended up sticking to my budget and getting the ACE 1015 (steering) at my LHS for $90. At .11 sec it has the speed and hopefully 200 oz of torque will suffice.

For throttle I plan to order the Hobbico CS-140. At .13 sec and 83 oz it should work. And if it pukes then I'm only out $35 and I'll get something higher end.

Thanks again for all of the info and suggestions.

Evvy

i would suggest having an extra gear set and top case On hand for that 1015.
__________________
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 05:10 PM   #51
Tech Fanatic
 
unsp0ken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Fontana, CA
Posts: 769
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingWrecker View Post
Thanks for all of the replies and information.

I ended up sticking to my budget and getting the ACE 1015 (steering) at my LHS for $90. At .11 sec it has the speed and hopefully 200 oz of torque will suffice.

For throttle I plan to order the Hobbico CS-140. At .13 sec and 83 oz it should work. And if it pukes then I'm only out $35 and I'll get something higher end.

Thanks again for all of the info and suggestions.

Evvy
well just hope it doesn't puke at WOT and be out of much more than $35.
unsp0ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 09:43 PM   #52
Tech Regular
 
race raider's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: high desert california / Las Vegas
Posts: 459
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
i would suggest having an extra gear set and top case On hand for that 1015.
I have already replaced two sets of gears so I took it off my truggy and put it on my on road IGT2 hope it will last a few gallons
__________________
1 Corinthians 2:2 for I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus and him crucified.
race raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 12:14 AM   #53
Tech Adept
 
WingWrecker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 248
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by race raider View Post
I have already replaced two sets of gears so I took it off my truggy and put it on my on road IGT2 hope it will last a few gallons
Damn. Well I haven't installed it yet. Maybe I should take it back and get something else.

The 7955TG seems to be the most popular, just wish it was faster.
__________________
8ight 2.0 RTR - 350 w/Turbo Head - Re11 - 4 Shoes - Ace servos - AKA tires

Last edited by WingWrecker; 09-07-2009 at 12:26 AM.
WingWrecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 12:44 AM   #54
Tech Adept
 
WingWrecker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 248
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsp0ken View Post
well just hope it doesn't puke at WOT and be out of much more than $35.
Based on what I've read on many different forums, the Hobbico CS servos are rebranded Hitecs, just not programmable.
__________________
8ight 2.0 RTR - 350 w/Turbo Head - Re11 - 4 Shoes - Ace servos - AKA tires
WingWrecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 01:09 AM   #55
Tech Elite
 
COBRARACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,300
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
so basically screw you if your not the original owner ? doesn't sound like the other Big Wigs in the servo Industry.

mmmmm 500oz
Please read my statement properly it will tell you it also covers the second and third owners as long as its in the 2 year time frame .warranty cannot start again for a second and thrid owner .its has to be in the 2 year period .
__________________
Email : teamcobraracing@gmail.com or ae@hobbywing.com
Repair service Address
Hobbywing Technology Co., Ltd.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 02:09 AM   #56
Tech Master
 
mtbkym01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: South Oz
Posts: 1,670
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingWrecker View Post
Damn. Well I haven't installed it yet. Maybe I should take it back and get something else.

The 7955TG seems to be the most popular, just wish it was faster.
I've been running the ACE servos for 2 years in both buggy and truggy unregulated on Lipo, on steering and throttle, without any issues (by what some of these guys say, they should have crapped out long ago). They are still the best selling servo at Amain Hobbies, and I guess like EVERYTHING, every now and then you may get a bad one. If and when they do give up, I plan on giving the MKS servo's a go

Stick the ACE in your car, you wont be disappointed
__________________
~Kym Nuske~
RCHobbyzone.com.au / Model Motorsports International
Mugen Seiki 1/8, Reds, Neo+ Fuels
AE 1/10, Reds
"If it's old skool, it's kool"

Last edited by mtbkym01; 09-07-2009 at 02:13 AM. Reason: additional info
mtbkym01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 02:49 AM   #57
Tech Master
 
Lille-bror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Frederikshavn, Denmark
Posts: 1,792
Default

Hi.

Has any of you tried the new Blue Bird buggy servos?

BMS-616MG+HS Super Strong Servo (Mos-FET) for buggy http://hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store...idProduct=8771

BMS-616DMG+HS Digital Buggy Servo (MG) http://hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store....12sec_/_46.5g

BMS-617DMG+HS V-Fast Digital Buggy Servo (MG) http://hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store....10sec_/_46.5g

BMS-617MG+HS Super Fast Servo (Mos-FET) for Competition http://hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store.../_.10sec_/_46g

I know drivers has broken many gears in the old Blue Bird servos. Maybe these will last.
__________________
www.xray-shop.dk www.northtq.com
Best regards Bjarne Petersson, Denmark
XRAY / FX Racing Engines / OS Speed / HPI / Byron / HUDY / Proline / Sanwa MT4s / Sav÷x servos / Ultimate
I miss you Amy...
Lille-bror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 04:06 AM   #58
Tech Addict
 
CMB21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 614
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lille-bror View Post
Hi.

Has any of you tried the new Blue Bird buggy servos?

BMS-616MG+HS Super Strong Servo (Mos-FET) for buggy http://hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store...idProduct=8771

BMS-616DMG+HS Digital Buggy Servo (MG) http://hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store....12sec_/_46.5g

BMS-617DMG+HS V-Fast Digital Buggy Servo (MG) http://hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store....10sec_/_46.5g

BMS-617MG+HS Super Fast Servo (Mos-FET) for Competition http://hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store.../_.10sec_/_46g

I know drivers has broken many gears in the old Blue Bird servos. Maybe these will last.
How much did you spend on your buggy? how much did you spend on your motor? If your like most racers it will be quite a big number, now if you are happy to put all that gear in the hands of a servo that costs less than $50 and you need to ask whether it is crap? well there is your answer. Peace of mind when your going down the main straight flat out is worth more than the $50 you save!

My 2c anyway.
__________________
~Team Terribles~
Kyosho RB5 SP (Venom esc, Fantom Ion 2)
Team Associated RC8B (GO Engines, AMain C2 Fuel)
CMB21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 04:33 AM   #59
Tech Master
 
Lille-bror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Frederikshavn, Denmark
Posts: 1,792
Default

I asked for a practical experience... Not for a hypothetical account...
__________________
www.xray-shop.dk www.northtq.com
Best regards Bjarne Petersson, Denmark
XRAY / FX Racing Engines / OS Speed / HPI / Byron / HUDY / Proline / Sanwa MT4s / Sav÷x servos / Ultimate
I miss you Amy...
Lille-bror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 06:18 AM   #60
Tech Regular
 
revsinc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Perth
Posts: 441
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

I been using the 616 and the 617 servos in my 1/10 scale buggys/truck and touring car for over 18 months , no problems what so every,
i have just put a 616(throttle) in a truggy that i have just build up ..
got a 616 in my ax10 crawler, and its hanging in there just fine .
hope that helps
__________________
Full Speed , Half Price
revsinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bluebird Servos RocketRacer Electric On-Road 13 08-03-2011 05:46 AM
Ofna Cd-3 penggoy Nitro On-Road 1551 01-14-2008 06:46 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:03 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net