Wiki Posts
Search

Bluebird servos - Are they crap?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 02:24 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
best on the market....yet Not a single person ive asked even know's what im talking about when i initially ask them....whaa...Mks ? who's that they ask.

what are the prices like ? warranty ?
I believe MK's are the servo's that Cobraracing distributes. I hear they are pretty good, never tried them though prices are similar to ACE brand but the servo's are stronger and faster
Old 09-04-2009, 02:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

my dad bought 2 of the higher end servos. One lasted a couple laps during practice. the other one was installed and it didnt even make it to the track thats how fast it died. Sent it back and got money back
Old 09-04-2009, 02:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by losi_racer
my dad bought 2 of the higher end servos. One lasted a couple laps during practice. the other one was installed and it didnt even make it to the track thats how fast it died. Sent it back and got money back
If your talking about blue bird yes i agree they are of very poor design and quality as well as performance but if your talking about MKS i dont agree

take care friend .

Last edited by COBRARACING; 09-04-2009 at 05:17 PM.
Old 09-04-2009, 03:02 PM
Tech Elite

They have a 2 year warranty.

the answer to your question is on who are mks well they make some of the high end servos you use today from major brands .

MKS only did oem and heli and plane servo until now were they are using there own brand name to make servos for cars .

i hope this helps you
Old 09-04-2009, 04:25 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by petevette
If your new to racing I think your going overboard with the smart diff. I would hold off on that for a while and invest in the best servos you can. Although faster servos are generally better, based on your limited racing experience, I don't think buying slightly slower servos are going to make a difference for you. What you need now the most is lots of track time, a good setup for your car and the right set of tires for your track. Of course to get lots of track time you have to have decent servos - back to square one.

The short is that most of these cars are highly competitive out of the box and need very little mods. No mod is going to help you more then getting more track time.
I think you are right, thanks. I'm going to order the tires, move the stock steering to throttle (for now), get a good steering servo and hit the track.

Has anyone used the servo I linked to in post #18?

I'm currently running 6v but intend to go to lipo. Which brings me to another question. As long as my servos can handle 7.4v do I have to worry about the Rx?
Old 09-04-2009, 06:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Smart move man!!! (espeacially if you plan on racing at RAT {saw denver under your name} that track is known for eating steering servos and tires lol)
Old 09-04-2009, 07:01 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
They have a 2 year warranty.

the answer to your question is on who are mks well they make some of the high end servos you use today from major brands .

i hope this helps you

decent warranty....but what will you tell a 2nd gen customer....some one who bought the servo used or does not have a receipt ?

any proof to back up that statement.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:05 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by WingWrecker
I think you are right, thanks. I'm going to order the tires, move the stock steering to throttle (for now), get a good steering servo and hit the track.

Has anyone used the servo I linked to in post #18?

I'm currently running 6v but intend to go to lipo. Which brings me to another question. As long as my servos can handle 7.4v do I have to worry about the Rx?

get a 7955 for now on steering and save for another.....as for the lipo YES you have to worry about the Rx as some are Not rated for unregulated lipo.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:13 PM
Tech Addict

Integra, Finally got my 7955's running un-regulated ,no glitching. I think I had a servo failing and the glitching was a symptom of it starting to fail.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:16 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Joey Platinum
Integra, Finally got my 7955's running un-regulated ,no glitching. I think I had a servo failing and the glitching was a symptom of it starting to fail.

Interesting...what all did you change...or just new servo's ?
Old 09-04-2009, 07:35 PM
Tech Addict

I changed my steering servo to another 7955. I shortened my servo leads with the special connectors exactly like the factory plugs.I just had a hunch that the servo could have been failing before it showed any symptoms other than glitching while un-regulated, I would put the regulator back on and the problem would go away,when the servo failed ,it was regulated. I was reluctant to try un-regulated again but on a hunch i tried it w/ the new 7955 and bingo .... no glitching. same radio same reciever ...... shorter servo leads. I don't think the servo leads were the cause of the glitching.I'll have to post a pic or 2 of my insanely clean battery box mod, I mounted a deans plug to the box lid and it plugs straight into the lipo which has a deans plug on it as well. My lipo is mounted on the splash guard near the steering servo.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:52 PM
Tech Adept

get a 7955 for now on steering and save for another.....as for the lipo YES you have to worry about the Rx as some are Not rated for unregulated lipo.
Curious as to why noone reccomends the 7954SH? It's faster and has more torque at 7.4v. And only $96.

As far as my SR3300T Rx, the manual states "All DSM receivers have an operational voltage range of 3.5 to 9 volts." So I should be OK with unregulated lipo and HV servos, right?

I could get the 7954 and run at 6v for 7955 torque and speed untill I get another HV servo for throttle and a lipo. Or am I missing something?
Old 09-04-2009, 08:29 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by WingWrecker
Curious as to why noone reccomends the 7954SH? It's faster and has more torque at 7.4v. And only $96.

As far as my SR3300T Rx, the manual states "All DSM receivers have an operational voltage range of 3.5 to 9 volts." So I should be OK with unregulated lipo and HV servos, right?

I could get the 7954 and run at 6v for 7955 torque and speed untill I get another HV servo for throttle and a lipo. Or am I missing something?

the new new 7940 7950 and 7954 are yet to be released...so that's why no one is really recommending them yet and no one has really got to test them.

yes you are fine with your spec gear......I STAND Corrected....Amain JUST added the 7950 and its Instock

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Digital-Servo
Old 09-04-2009, 09:32 PM
Tech Adept

the new new 7940 7950 and 7954 are yet to be released...so that's why no one is really recommending them yet and no one has really got to test them.

yes you are fine with your spec gear......I STAND Corrected....Amain JUST added the 7950 and its Instock

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Digital-Servo
Thanks for the heads up on the 7950. I didn't know that this series was new. TBF shows the 7954 as being available on the 9th but who knows.

Good to know that I'm lipo ready.

I think I'll wait and see if the 7954 becomes available next week.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:31 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

You do not need 500 OZ of torque for a buggy!! If you were driving a 1/1 bulldozer 500 OZ of torque might be too much..skip it..anything between 200-300 is way more than fine!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.