R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 09-04-2009, 10:54 PM   #16
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by meno222 View Post
what settings are you using to upload them to you tube.everytime i upload a video it loses alot of quality.
I'm using SonyVegas9 Platinum editing software... raw files are shot in AVI format. I'm not using any specific settings to upload the vids to youtube, but my rendering settings for the video projects are:

Mode - CBR
Format - wmv (Windows Media Video 9)
Image Size - 1280x720-HD
Pixel aspect ratio - 1.000 (Square)
Frame Rate (fps) - 30.000
Seconds per keyframe - 5
Bit Rate - Internet/LAN @ 6mbps

Some of my earlier videos were rendering in 16:9 and 4:3 aspect ratio in the .mpeg2 format... youtube chewed those settings up and lost about 50% of the quality. I found the above setting using .wmv worked alot better, it downsizes the file but doesn't lose any of the quality.
Old 09-05-2009, 08:02 AM   #17
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to griz11
Default Check the page on youtube

There is a page on youtube that tells you step by step how to make a vid for their system. Since they are broadcasting in flash the best format is MP4 to send them. Since MP4 will play on a flash based setup now there is very little done to the file that adds in any artifacts etc. Since you can send them huge files now if you up the bitrate to around 6K it looks a lot better. I haven't tried to do any HD yet. I also use Sony but I'm still on 8 until the other software I have gets their act together and gets 64 bit plug-ins. Boris is the one that is lagging and I use it most often. You can get the encoder called handbrake on the net for free. Its a gui for some other codecs including X.264 which rocks. It will also untangle anamorphic without getting the scaling errors that sometimes show up. For instance the XL2 has 960x480 pixels in the 16:9 block. However Mini-DV only allows 720x480 so the signal is anamorphically recorded in a squeezed mode. When you use Handbrake to deal with it the 16:9 image doesn't have the letterbox look to it. And the docs that come with the program explain everything you ever wanted to know about encoding. I really like TMPGEnc encoder also. It has the ability to deinterlace via making the vid 60fps internally then outputting the 30fps progressive. Best deinterlacing except for Fieldskit but that is slow slow to render. I wish the slo mo filters would work with progressive footage. I'd shoot progressive all the time but unless your cam will do 60fps progressive you loose too much temporal resolution and its jerky.

Nice vid I really like the soundtrack.

Griz
Canon 7D EF400 EF70-200 EF40 Tamron SP70-300
griz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 09:16 AM   #18
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Wow, I am amazed that type of quality would come out of a combo type camera. I have been looking at the vixia HG 20 for doing video only.
jmackani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:06 AM   #19
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmackani View Post
Wow, I am amazed that type of quality would come out of a combo type camera. I have been looking at the vixia HG 20 for doing video only.
Anyone of the Canon Vixia models will be great for videos, their reviews are outstanding! I have my eye on the HF10 or HF100 with the built-in harddrive, I would really like the XH-A1 but out of my budget. lol The new movie release "Crank 2 - High Voltage" was completely filmed using the Canon HF10 and XH-A1 cameras, awesome image quality and highly recommended by the Directors.