R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 09-02-2009, 02:22 PM   #1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default Team Associated's "Excellent" Customer Service

So, I'm looking to buy a part for my RC8, namely, composite shock caps for the 16mm big bore Associated shocks.

I call up AE at 949-544-7500, and press "3".

I end up talking to "Port", who sounds like he sure doesn't like his job.

I ask him for the part number for the composite caps, and he gives it to me. I type the number into google and nothing registers. I ask him "do you know where I can buy these?".

His response: I sure don't.

Fantastic.
Armaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 02:40 PM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to SkarTisu Send a message via Yahoo to SkarTisu

Hmm...that sucks. Normally Don fields those requests, and I've never heard a bad word said about his customer service.

89394 is the part number for the caps, and they haven't got any at AE right now. I'd check the usual online shops for them, or have your LHS try to get them from their normal distributors.

I *think* this is a brand new part, so it might not have even made it to the distribution channels yet.
Old 09-02-2009, 02:56 PM   #3
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkarTisu View Post
Hmm...that sucks. Normally Don fields those requests, and I've never heard a bad word said about his customer service.

89394 is the part number for the caps, and they haven't got any at AE right now. I'd check the usual online shops for them, or have your LHS try to get them from their normal distributors.

I *think* this is a brand new part, so it might not have even made it to the distribution channels yet.
Thanks for your help. I tried getting a hold of Don because I've heard that he's the go-to guy for parts requests. Anyhow, I'll wait. Thanks for helping me out.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:21 PM   #4
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I called last week and got the same thing!
bphil49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 03:29 PM   #5
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bphil49 View Post
I called last week and got the same thing!
Interesting. You got the part or got the crappy service?
Old 09-02-2009, 03:34 PM   #6
Tech Elite

Try emailing Don.

Ae like Losi is a big company, Its hit or miss. (and they can keep thier flimsy plastic)

I sent my Rc8's rtr engine in for the "at cost exchange" or whatever they call it. Its like Traxxas' exchange program except Ae's deosn't work. The exchange cost is about $155!

No thanks, I can pick up a RB S3 or nova N21b for that.
Zerodefect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 04:28 PM   #7
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

just the service
bphil49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 05:01 PM   #8
Tech Addict

Well, since everyone is whinning about how bad they are:

Ill say that AE have always been great and have gone above and beyond anytime I have needed them.

It is Amazing how many races AE wins with crappy plastics??? Maybe its not the plastics and its driver error

I have had bad service from alot of companies, but I don't have time to go on the internet and dog out people and try and get them in trouble or loose their job.

Nice work cry babies.
SPEEDSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 05:27 PM   #9
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDSKI View Post

Ill say that AE have always been great and have gone above and beyond anytime I have needed them.

It is Amazing how many races AE wins with crappy plastics??? Maybe its not the plastics and its driver error

I have had bad service from alot of companies, but I don't have time to go on the internet and dog out people and try and get them in trouble or loose their job.

Nice work cry babies.
Got some info on the part I would like to purchase?
Old 09-02-2009, 06:16 PM   #10
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to JoeyTheRocket Send a message via Yahoo to JoeyTheRocket

I have a question though... Why are you looking for composite shock caps for the 16mm big bore? Why go plastic on something that takes the most beating? I would use the Aluminum ones that are standard in the kits. You don't want to be in the lead of a 45min A main and have a plastic shock cap break with a min to go. I have seen it when O'Donnell came out with there big bore set, now look they sell aluminum caps.
Old 09-02-2009, 06:27 PM   #11
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You just know them trust fund babys got to cry about something. Like there maid didn't warm there ass wipes this morning. If some one at a big co. didn't treet you well call their boss. But crying on a forum board is lame and juvi. Your warm milk will be on the stand tonite, don't worry.
The Working Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 07:16 PM   #12
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDSKI View Post

Nice work cry babies.

Your kiddin right?

I've done the whole Ae/Losi fanboy bit, been there, over. It didn't take long to realize that my Rc8 was completely haggard and loose with the same amount of race time as a Mugen or Xray, and they still feel new.

The Rc8rtr/Sc8rtr engine exchange was a rip off.

The point of forums is to discuss such problems so we can avoid them, learn from them, and companies can improve or fail by word of mouth. Or are we only allowed to say happy words.

But if you'd rather bury your head in the sand............
Zerodefect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 07:45 PM   #13
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to JoeyTheRocket Send a message via Yahoo to JoeyTheRocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerodefect View Post
Your kiddin right?

I've done the whole Ae/Losi fanboy bit, been there, over. It didn't take long to realize that my Rc8 was completely haggard and loose with the same amount of race time as a Mugen or Xray, and they still feel new.

The Rc8rtr/Sc8rtr engine exchange was a rip off.

The point of forums is to discuss such problems so we can avoid them, learn from them, and companies can improve or fail by word of mouth. Or are we only allowed to say happy words.

But if you'd rather bury your head in the sand............
IDK man, I still haven't seen those cars win any big races this summer. Its been Losi and AE all summer long. Just like back in the electric racing days.

I'm not saying the others aren't good, just not winning as of yet. Also don't tell me I'm comparing Pros to the average Joe as well. There are Pros driving the other brands too.
Old 09-02-2009, 07:52 PM   #14
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyTheRocket View Post
IDK man, I still haven't seen those cars win any big races this summer. Its been Losi and AE all summer long. Just like back in the electric racing days.
AE, Losi and Kyosho don't win with their cars, they win with their checkbooks. They pay for the best and most drivers.

The other brands don't have pros, they have "sponsored drivers", but Losi and AE have more of those too.

In mind and body, we're all heading towards old age. It is slower to go by bike.
Davidka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 07:59 PM   #15
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidka View Post
AE, Losi and Kyosho don't win with their cars, they win with their checkbooks. They pay for the best and most drivers.

The other brands don't have pros, they have "sponsored drivers", but Losi and AE have more of those too.
Xray has paid drivers, so does Jammin, and Mugen even O'Donnell as well. There all paid to travel and test during the week too. They don't have normal jobs like the "sponsored drivers" do. Same thing as the AE, Losi and Kyosho.