Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated's "Excellent" Customer Service

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 08:03 PM
Tech Addict

This was NOT a AE lovefest. LOL

I mean come on!!! Im sure the posters that jumped on the Bashing session are 100% perfect at their jobs?? None of them make a mistake?? None of them ever have one of those days??? Just didn't sound like a big deal to come and post on forum. Was not a big deal. Guy at AE may have been busy, bad day....whatever!!!

So to come on here, name the guy and dog him out and the company on a public forum in this economy/world is just something I don't understand.

Not gonna argue over this, I am sure there was another way to handle this than the way he did.

Im out.....
Old 09-02-2009, 08:03 PM
Tech Champion

I don't care who's winning what. I have to choose a kit based on its ability to get ME to the winners circle. I don't get an entire truck filled with RC8's, and a half dozen team mechanics to race with. I only bring two cars to the track.

getting experience with other cars is a simple as glancing over at the guy practicing on the stand next to you and saying: "hey, want to try this?" and then switch radios.

Then make your own INFORMED decision, not marketing hype brought forth by hireing every decent driver out there.

Ps: Every decent manufacturer had plenty of drivers at the worlds. Some didn't have as many.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:51 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JoeyTheRocket
Xray has paid drivers, so does Jammin, and Mugen even O'Donnell as well. There all paid to travel and test during the week too. They don't have normal jobs like the "sponsored drivers" do. Same thing as the AE, Losi and Kyosho.
I don't think so. O'Donnell had Tebo, he's back at Kyosho, Xray's highest profile driver for offroad is Josh Wheeler (don't know if he has a job) but Paul Lemiuex has to be their highest profile driver in any class in the US, I'm pretty sure he has a day job, Mugen's biggest name is Jason Ashton, he's a teacher.

More to the point, if you're calling a manufacturer for service, don't expect too much, they still rely on their distribution network to service their customers (the places that sell the stuff) as they should, that's the way it's supposed to be, get your service from the place you purchased from. Internet business has side-slipped service by offering lower prices from catalog style purchasing. The manufacturers of these goods were never supposed to service the end users, that was always the job of the stores.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:53 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

A-main or any online retailer Will NOT deal with warranty or other claims...they will tell you to go to the Mfg No doubt.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Smile

Hmmm. So if someone does a great job, you don't commend them publicly, right? I've been in customer service. They call it that for a reason. To service the customer. Saying "I don't know" does not, nor will not, ever fly with me. I already got a hold of someone at Associated who's helping me out.

Ever been to Japan? They do everything in their power to make sure the customer is taken care of, pre and post. I know, we're not in Japan, it's an example. A few examples of a "big" companies offering stellar service in the U.S.: Amazon.com. Costco. Norstrom. RC industry-wise, I've called OS, and man, their service was top-notch.

I'll post what I want on this public forum. If the moderators, who moderate, see the opinions or comments out of line, they'll step in. Which is fine.

Pass the milk, The Working Man. I'm thirsty.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:36 PM
Tech Rookie

Delt with them today on a new SC8, not sure who i spoke to but he was very helpful and helped me step by step and could diagnose every problem that i discribed. Guess those were bad days? Im going down there since im local for my first tune, I dont like Moto at UH.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

i got crappy service from them too.

i had the reedy nitro motor and it had a crazy lean bog in the middle that would not go away. took the back plate out and sow there was a ton of play in the rod. so i called them up they said to send it in so i did. (im in chino hills so it only took a day to get to them)

they called me the next day asking about the motor. what it was doing and they i thought the rod was gone.

a week goes by and nothing. so i call them and they said the motor was perfectly fine and they did a base tune and it was going to be shipped out today.

another week goes by and nothing. so i call them and they said it had been shipped out today. so it had been sitting in the shipping department for a week!. i asked him why and he said i dont know.

then 3 days go by and i finaly get the motor. ( it took 3 days to traval an hour to me)

i took the back plate off when i got the motor and there was no play in the rod any more. it was like magic i guess lol.

put the motor back in my car and ran it and it ran like shit. still had the bog. the only way the bog goes away is if it runs at 280 degrees. and i just have to hope i dont flip or it just dies.

so over all this motor sucks and team associated's customer service sucked!.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sideways88
i got crappy service from them too.

i had the reedy nitro motor and it had a crazy lean bog in the middle that would not go away. took the back plate out and sow there was a ton of play in the rod. so i called them up they said to send it in so i did. (im in chino hills so it only took a day to get to them)

they called me the next day asking about the motor. what it was doing and they i thought the rod was gone.

a week goes by and nothing. so i call them and they said the motor was perfectly fine and they did a base tune and it was going to be shipped out today.

another week goes by and nothing. so i call them and they said it had been shipped out today. so it had been sitting in the shipping department for a week!. i asked him why and he said i dont know.

then 3 days go by and i finaly get the motor. ( it took 3 days to traval an hour to me)

i took the back plate off when i got the motor and there was no play in the rod any more. it was like magic i guess lol.

put the motor back in my car and ran it and it ran like shit. still had the bog. the only way the bog goes away is if it runs at 280 degrees. and i just have to hope i dont flip or it just dies.

so over all this motor sucks and team associated's customer service sucked!.
I dont know anything about the warranty part that you are talking about, but i know the Reedy motor. If you have read anything on it, you will see, the motor runs best from 250 to 280. It is a hot motor. So they replaced your rod at no charge. But dont blame them for you not tuning the motor for power. If you rely on your temp gun, then you are at fault. I run my 1.5 gallon old Reedy at 260, and i get tons of smoke, and more power then i need.

Honestly, i had nothing but problems with OS when i was running VZB's and a speed. All 3 cracked blocks within a gallon. They offered to sell me new blocks at MSRP, 50 more then amain.

With AE, i got a RTR sc10, and blew the ESC. Called them, and had the new one in my hand within 2 days.

And to the guy wanting to exchange motors? Why would you expect them to loose money? I honestly have never meet a serious racer that runs RTR motors.
Old 09-03-2009, 03:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Mike Truhe= day job, factory driver, national champ
Frank Root= day job, semi factory driver, nats A main driver
Barry Baker= day job, factory driver, nats winner

The list could go on but these guys are racing in an industry that relies on extra income for people to spend. If you race 1/8th scale you are probably not hurting in the wallet. It's an expensive class.

If you have a problem with a particular person at AE, but you've already found someone that can help you then you probably already passed that info on to him or a manager. I just don't see the logic in calling someone out on a forum, maybe he was having a bad day or maybe you were a dickhead on the phone so he didn't feel like listening to you.
Old 09-03-2009, 03:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

i work in a service oriented business,as a matter of fact i work for the second best rated customer service corporation in the world. why is it my business to deal with this guys bad day? why dont he go smoke or to lunch or maybe home?
if this guy wants to get on a forum and tell people how he feels that is his right and if he spends his hard earned money on a product (hint he has a day job also) and he calls customer service he should not have to deal with the rude guy. even if him self he was rude. we let one or two things slide buy then you get the 20 min hold times,the idk answers,the i dont really give a shit about what you want attitudes.
so post on this or any forum you feel you need to let people know. good or bad it may influence someones purchase decsion.
and yes it is true you have a freat experience on average people tell 2 people, you have a bad experience most people tell 7 people. welcome to america thats how we roll
Old 09-03-2009, 08:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sideways88
If you're willing to spend a little more time on that engine, do this:

Take it out, clean it up and look it over very thoroughly for cracks in the case. Including pulling the back plate and looking inside there. I cracked the case on mine at Nationals because I can't jump triples to save my life. After I'd cracked the case on mine, it acted similarly to what you're describing. Still ran though!
Old 09-03-2009, 08:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

After 4 tank replacements and a cracked one way bearing which led to the engine being shipped back and reworked with no issues whatsoever from AE I think you just got someone that had a bad day. If you look at the postings from people that have had to return items you will see that AE is strong in standing by their product. In fact, if I had to say anything I'd say they do above and beyond what is normal for service. There is no excuse for someone to be "rude" when you call and this is the first I have read about this happening with them.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:02 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

I agree that there is no point in being rude and giving I don't know answers on the phone, if you don't know find someone who does.

I am new to the hobby though and will say that I shipped an ESC from my SC10 RTR expecting to get a call back wanting my CC so I could pay the 50% of MSRP lifetime deal they have on ESCs and instead they sent me a brand new ESC free of charge. It left Florida on a Tuesday and I got the new one 10 days later. So in my limited experience their customer service is great.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:10 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Armaan
So, I'm looking to buy a part for my RC8, namely, composite shock caps for the 16mm big bore Associated shocks.

I call up AE at 949-544-7500, and press "3".

I end up talking to "Port", who sounds like he sure doesn't like his job.

I ask him for the part number for the composite caps, and he gives it to me. I type the number into google and nothing registers. I ask him "do you know where I can buy these?".

His response: I sure don't.

Fantastic.
There is no excuse for being treated poorly. But in the guy's defense, there is no way that he could know exactly where any single AE part can be purchased. He can tell you which stores stock AE parts, but there is no way he could tell you exactly where you would be able to find the part# requested.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

wow Rick this is the thread where I expected to find you the least... you have too much time available!

Maybe the thread originator's behavior would have been different (ie not created a thread) if the AE CS rep would have taken it a bit less lightly and answered something like "I'm sorry Sir I don't know and I unfortunately don't have the systems available to find out" rather than "I sure don't know"...

Maybe the guy had a bad hair day... but as flippz mentioned, it isn't the customer's fault.

Thanks for sharing your experience with us - the power of the internet is such that customer service can only improve overall from people sharing info on the WWW. Tough luck for rude CS rep, and for their employers who see their named having a sour shadow casted on.

Paul

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.