Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need help inserting the brass eyelet inside the rubber grommet for my servos

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 06:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Need help inserting the brass eyelet inside the rubber grommet for my servos

Has anyone else had issues trying to install the brass eyelet inside the rubber grommet on the servos? When trying to install the brass eyelets (from the bottom side going up) they push through, but at the very top they get stuck and don't make it all the way or close to the top of the rubber grommet so that they are showing. Instead the rubber piece gets in the way and is pushed up a bit. Is there a trick to pushing the brass eyelets through? Thanks.
Old 09-02-2009, 07:39 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Ryno RC
Has anyone else had issues trying to install the brass eyelet inside the rubber grommet on the servos? When trying to install the brass eyelets (from the bottom side going up) they push through, but at the very top they get stuck and don't make it all the way or close to the top of the rubber grommet so that they are showing. Instead the rubber piece gets in the way and is pushed up a bit. Is there a trick to pushing the brass eyelets through? Thanks.
Put the eyelet on a hex wrench or any type of screwdriver that has small enough shaft for the eyelet to slip over.Just push it in the grommet. It is super easy!
Old 09-02-2009, 08:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

err... push harder?

(and spray the hole with WD40 or drop a droplet of shock oil in there)
Old 09-02-2009, 08:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

They go through midway, and then get stuck before making it to the top. It gets caught on the inner rubber part.

lol...i pushed so hard that my fingers were sore as can be and still feeling the repercussions this morning. ha. I will try the shock oil trick, maybe that will help.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

They go through midway, and then get stuck before making it to the top. It gets caught on the inner rubber part.

lol...i pushed so hard that my fingers were sore as can be and still feeling the repercussions this morning. ha. I will try the shock oil trick, maybe that will help.
I do not use rubber grometts on my servos, ditch em and save your hands.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:42 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Vibration's from nitro 1/8 off-road are Servo Killer's....the grommet's are included for a reason....USE em....i personally dont use the brass inserts but just the rubber's.
Old 09-02-2009, 12:17 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
Vibration's from nitro 1/8 off-road are Servo Killer's....the grommet's are included for a reason....USE em....i personally dont use the brass inserts but just the rubber's.
Practice safe racing... user rubbers!
Old 09-02-2009, 12:18 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by DOMIT

Old 09-02-2009, 12:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DOMIT
+2

Put the grommet on the servo first then use a pair of pliers to press the brass piece in place, ... takes a little practice but after a while it becomes easy.
Old 09-02-2009, 01:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

The brass needs to go in from the top (side where you would put the screw)
Old 09-02-2009, 06:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
I am hearing you Integra my man but my servo's are 3+yrs old and still going strong, I had them rubber mounted for a few months but then ditched the rubber.

But then again I dont run hitecs!!!
Old 09-02-2009, 08:44 PM
Tech Lord

Hitec is the King...there's no 2 ways about it.