R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 08-31-2009, 07:20 PM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to Chewwie
Default RC10 GT2 FT need Help plz.

i'm having trouble taking off the Posi-lock hub . is there anyone else that has that problem ? i'm having a realllly hard time taking it off !!!! its like stuck or something . i wanna take it off so i can put new MIP Cvd. and another thing, i get my truggy going and after a few runs like make 3 tanks the Cvd pin keeps coming out , i thread lock it too!!! this is really pissing me off , happen to me 3 times already . and suggestions / info would be nice

Thanks
Chewwie ^^
Chewwie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:11 PM   #2
Tech Apprentice

bump

anyone
Old 09-01-2009, 01:40 AM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to RCmayor

You might try some penetrating lube on the quick release hub from the outside, just wipe off the excess afterward. On the CVD pin, I think there are some rings that go around the outside of the CVD that might help. Other than that, maybe your loctite is old, make sure you give it several hours to set up before running. You may need to use a little red loctite instead of the weaker blue. You may want to grind a small flat spot on the CVD pin, this will give the set screw a flat surface to seat to. If it comes loose it will still not slide past the flat spot.

Just some ideas.
RCmayor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 08:46 AM   #4
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

did you take the set screws and the pin out of the posi lock piece?????

the best thing to combat the the pin falling out of the drive shaft, get a losi AD2. I couldnt keep that from happening on my GT2 so i sold it and went back to my losi.
o.s. power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 12:06 PM   #5
Tech Prophet

i had the same problem with my gt2 posi axle i used a small piece of shink wrap and cut it intill it doesnt bind with the other parts inside of the cvd only cover the pin area it works good
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 02:22 PM   #6
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by o.s. power View Post
did you take the set screws and the pin out of the posi lock piece?????

the best thing to combat the the pin falling out of the drive shaft, get a losi AD2. I couldnt keep that from happening on my GT2 so i sold it and went back to my losi.
you mean the 2 set screws and that pin that go through the shaft ? yea thats the one i'm having trouble taking out the pin wont come out !!!! its like stuck
Old 09-01-2009, 02:35 PM   #7
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCmayor View Post
You might try some penetrating lube on the quick release hub from the outside, just wipe off the excess afterward. On the CVD pin, I think there are some rings that go around the outside of the CVD that might help. Other than that, maybe your loctite is old, make sure you give it several hours to set up before running. You may need to use a little red loctite instead of the weaker blue. You may want to grind a small flat spot on the CVD pin, this will give the set screw a flat surface to seat to. If it comes loose it will still not slide past the flat spot.

Just some ideas.
you think WD-40 would work ?
Old 09-01-2009, 04:45 PM   #8
Tech Prophet

actually u can leave the pin and set screw in there just cut a small piece of shink wrap and cut most of it off only covering the cvd pin not the where the set screw is if u do that it will bind do u have a heat gun, lighter
when u rebuild the cvd u can spray w40 to get the set screw pin out use a little screw driver and lightlly tap it with a hammer
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote