Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 02:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

i run a jammin jpx 21 in truggy and for price wouldnt use nothing else
Old 09-01-2009, 02:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Not sure what price you are looking at but check out our "speed shop" thread and look at the 21-4 Novarossi that we are having done.

You can also email me for details on price, etc..
Old 09-02-2009, 11:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

I am running a VSPEC, not bad but I think you can get something better for this price. Next engine is the RB H9 let's see how this engine is.

But have somebody heard or seen the new Go GX5R or GX7R engine?
Both are coated and have a spare con rod in the box.

racer_hh
Old 09-02-2009, 06:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

This isnt one of your choices on your list but i recently got the Werks B5 and just an awsome engine. Check out the thread on this motor nothing but good reviews.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:02 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team_Orange
This isnt one of your choices on your list but i recently got the Werks B5 and just an awsome engine. Check out the thread on this motor nothing but good reviews.

unfortunately werks has a bad rep for motor's....the whole B3 B7 B7Pro line up was basically a crap shoot....1 would work while the next one you would pull your hair out trying to get it to run right....i personally would never run a werks motor...the couple i have ran were a nightmare to deal with....from leaky carbs to inferior parts quality.
Old 09-03-2009, 03:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

I'm glad I came across this thread....I just picked up a Z01T, and I'll be shopping for a motor soon.

Many of the guys in my club recommended the .21 V-spec, but I saw the posts about longevity in a truggy. Can anyone elaborate more on this?

I was also considering the O'Donnell ss.21, but I don't know how they compare to OS engines for ease of tuning. I'm 20+ years in RC, but new to nitro, so I'd like to get a motor that's easy to tune since I'm still learning (and one that doesn't cost big $$ in case I turn it into a paperweight. Have you guys run the this motor? Opinions?

Some of the other engine choices I was given are the RB528XR, but I can't find it anymore, so I don't know if it's been replaced with a newer model. The Picco .28 is another option, but it and the RB both are beasts, with more than enough power, but I'll sacrifice run time because of the larger size.
Old 09-03-2009, 06:03 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Integra
unfortunately werks has a bad rep for motor's....the whole B3 B7 B7Pro line up was basically a crap shoot....1 would work while the next one you would pull your hair out trying to get it to run right....i personally would never run a werks motor...the couple i have ran were a nightmare to deal with....from leaky carbs to inferior parts quality.
And we have a winner. 20 posts till we had the first douchebag start dogging a company. Way to go buddy your a stand up guy.

I do reccomend the werks b5. I've got a b5 and the thing ru s like a raped ape. And if you check out the thread you'll see that if you do have an issue this company will be the first to take care of it.
Old 09-03-2009, 06:37 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AsSc8
And we have a winner. 20 posts till we had the first douchebag start dogging a company. Way to go buddy your a stand up guy.

I do reccomend the werks b5. I've got a b5 and the thing ru s like a raped ape. And if you check out the thread you'll see that if you do have an issue this company will be the first to take care of it.

too funny...think what you please.