R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 08-30-2009, 07:52 PM   #1
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Heating after it's broken in.

I know its a good idea to preheat the eng for breakin, but how about when its already broken in? I just use it for bashing. Also, why doesnt Traxxas recommend preheating their engines during breakin in their manuals. I feel that if I had done this when I broke in my 3.3 it would have lasted longer than 1.5 gallon before breaking the conrod. For now on, I will use the method in the tuning bible!
cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 07:56 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

i still preheat mine and mine is broken in. I can tell the difference in the compression. My vspec i had i never preheated and it lots in pinch in half a gallon if that. My ninja still has lots of pinch after a gallon. Sounds like you may have pushed your 3.3 to much when it was broke in. And yes preheating will alwasys be a must for me during break in.

Mugen
dreaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 08:00 PM   #3
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidy View Post
I know its a good idea to preheat the eng for breakin, but how about when its already broken in? I just use it for bashing. Also, why doesnt Traxxas recommend preheating their engines during breakin in their manuals. I feel that if I had done this when I broke in my 3.3 it would have lasted longer than 1.5 gallon before breaking the conrod. For now on, I will use the method in the tuning bible!
Follow the break in bible and replace your 3.3 connecting rod with a Davis diesel rod!
Old 08-30-2009, 08:04 PM   #4
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead racer View Post
Follow the break in bible and replace your 3.3 connecting rod with a Davis diesel rod!
Well, I have the 2.5R in it now, do you still recommend replacing the conrod? Isnt it the same as the 3.3 conrod?
cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 08:09 PM   #5
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreaux View Post
i still preheat mine and mine is broken in. I can tell the difference in the compression. My vspec i had i never preheated and it lots in pinch in half a gallon if that. My ninja still has lots of pinch after a gallon. Sounds like you may have pushed your 3.3 to much when it was broke in. And yes preheating will alwasys be a must for me during break in.
Your vspec didnt have alot of compresson because you didnt know how to tune, ran crap fuel, ran into tree's, and ran the buggy into water, not because you didnt preheat it.

The o''le saying goes, pay me now, or pay me later, because you gonna pay me. "Pearl_414"
Chris__RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 08:12 PM   #6
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidy View Post
Well, I have the 2.5R in it now, do you still recommend replacing the conrod? Isnt it the same as the 3.3 conrod?
Replace the rod when it breaks, they use the same rod.
Old 08-30-2009, 08:22 PM   #7
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris__RC View Post
Your vspec didnt have alot of compresson because you didnt know how to tune, ran crap fuel, ran into tree's, and ran the buggy into water, not because you didnt preheat it.

TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote