R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-29-2009, 11:05 PM   #121
Tech Regular
 
xBRxSAIGON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 323
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothin special View Post
I had to wait a while to get a new Jammin 21 from my local crackhouse, and when it came in it was the new Plus version. I see the head has been drilled,and carb is a little different. I plan on breaking in starting later today.Does anyone know if theirs any other changes to this engine. I cant wait to try this .21 in my truggy. I have been running .28 Jammins for acouple years with great luck.And I will be watching my lap times to see if they improve.
I love the Jammin' engines, I guess cause their really Picco's
__________________
B4 stock ~ SC10 stock ~ CRT X2 ~ RC8B
Trinity ~ Savox ~ JConcepts ~ Proline
SpeeedPasion ~ Novarossi ~ upgrade
xBRxSAIGON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 04:15 PM   #122
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 345
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I ended up running at another track today, and was averaging about 8 1/2 -9 minutes, and was progressivly getting richer all day. By the end of my 6-7th tank, i had leaned out the top 4 hours, and bumped it up to 9 1/2 the next 3 tanks.

This was at the same track as last week, so I am pleased with the results thus far.
__________________
WWW.TRJPERFORMANCE.COM
WHOLESALE RETAILER FOR BYRONS, SIDEWINDER AND AMSOIL
(980) 721-5943
thabiuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 04:29 AM   #123
Tech Initiate
 
MUGENRC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: PORTUGAL
Posts: 42
Thumbs up Buy Jammin JPX.21 Plus

Hi everybody can you tell me were can i buy the new Jammin JPX.21 Plus.
MUGENRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 04:52 AM   #124
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Warren, PA
Posts: 463
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

I wuold buy one from my local hobbie shop, If you need somewhere else then AMAIN HOBBIES has them for 229.99 . they are the same part number as the older JPX21.
nothin special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 05:46 AM   #125
Tech Elite
 
Quad Racer 34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: OHIO
Posts: 2,973
Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)
Default

hey guys i was wondering what pipe you all were running with the jpx.21? and what kind of runtime are you getting with it?
__________________
Dylan Gerard

Serpent - Desoto Racing - Picco - AKA - Hitec - RC Addictions Products - Tekin - VRP - Avid RC - SMC - MIP - SkipGear - The Ohio RC Factory
Quad Racer 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 07:41 AM   #126
Tech Master
 
petevette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,243
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to petevette
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad Racer 34 View Post
hey guys i was wondering what pipe you all were running with the jpx.21? and what kind of runtime are you getting with it?
Everbody I know runs the 086 with stellar performance. I haven't checked run times but by the looks of how much fuel I have after a qualifier I estimate between 8:30 - 9:00 minutes at 240 degrees or less. Oh, that is with the standard restrictor.
petevette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 08:09 AM   #127
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 665
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Has anyone tried the re11 losi pipe on one?
Twisted Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 08:23 AM   #128
Tech Elite
 
Quad Racer 34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: OHIO
Posts: 2,973
Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by petevette View Post
Everbody I know runs the 086 with stellar performance. I haven't checked run times but by the looks of how much fuel I have after a qualifier I estimate between 8:30 - 9:00 minutes at 240 degrees or less. Oh, that is with the standard restrictor.
ok im running a 053 pipe. on our local track (its quite big ) im getting right at 7 min but i didnt have a perfect race tune on it then. but with a good race tune i can probly get 7:30-8 min maybe. i was just wondering what everyone else is running and see what im doing wrong lol. i would like to get see 9 min. what temp do you guys run them at?
__________________
Dylan Gerard

Serpent - Desoto Racing - Picco - AKA - Hitec - RC Addictions Products - Tekin - VRP - Avid RC - SMC - MIP - SkipGear - The Ohio RC Factory
Quad Racer 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 08:46 AM   #129
Tech Master
 
NitroFreakManHo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Upstairs, Canada
Posts: 1,142
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to NitroFreakManHo Send a message via Skype™ to NitroFreakManHo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
you wont be disappointed with a clocked JPX....I cant guarantee that.
+1 I can't agree more.
__________________
TEAM TERRIBLES √ 2009/2011 SORRCC Points Series Truggy Champ
CRE Werks B5 powered Serpent 811-T
CRE Nova P5 Powered Serpent 811-B
**M2C**Hitec 7955TG Servos**Buku Clutch
www.apaarchery.com www.skoffroad.ca www.youtube.com/nitrofreakmanho
NitroFreakManHo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 01:30 AM   #130
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 345
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad Racer 34 View Post
ok im running a 053 pipe. on our local track (its quite big ) im getting right at 7 min but i didnt have a perfect race tune on it then. but with a good race tune i can probly get 7:30-8 min maybe. i was just wondering what everyone else is running and see what im doing wrong lol. i would like to get see 9 min. what temp do you guys run them at?
You would like the 086 so much better, the 053 cut my runtimes down quite a bit an am not happy with it, I put the 086 back on after 3 tanks. The motor has so much bottom end it does not need anymore, the 086 seems like it was made for that motor.

Let me know if you want one,I have a used one 20.00 plus shipping.
__________________
WWW.TRJPERFORMANCE.COM
WHOLESALE RETAILER FOR BYRONS, SIDEWINDER AND AMSOIL
(980) 721-5943
thabiuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 04:04 PM   #131
Tech Regular
 
xBRxSAIGON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 323
Default

The original .21 just rippped
__________________
B4 stock ~ SC10 stock ~ CRT X2 ~ RC8B
Trinity ~ Savox ~ JConcepts ~ Proline
SpeeedPasion ~ Novarossi ~ upgrade
xBRxSAIGON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 04:06 PM   #132
Tech Regular
 
xBRxSAIGON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 323
Default

Its a picco though
__________________
B4 stock ~ SC10 stock ~ CRT X2 ~ RC8B
Trinity ~ Savox ~ JConcepts ~ Proline
SpeeedPasion ~ Novarossi ~ upgrade
xBRxSAIGON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 04:15 PM   #133
Tech Champion
 
Maximo's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 7,900
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thabiuk View Post
You would like the 086 so much better, the 053 cut my runtimes down quite a bit an am not happy with it, I put the 086 back on after 3 tanks. The motor has so much bottom end it does not need anymore, the 086 seems like it was made for that motor.

Let me know if you want one,I have a used one 20.00 plus shipping.
I agree 100% the 086 makes music with the JPX..... IMO the best pipe for the engine...... However I must say a JP4 also works excelent with the engine..... Many may not know this, but the JPX picks up some pretty good power from removing 1 of the shims...the stock shimming drops the compression down a little too much, which is great for breakin, but limits the power a fair amount...
Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 06:12 PM   #134
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 619
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
I agree 100% the 086 makes music with the JPX..... IMO the best pipe for the engine...... However I must say a JP4 also works excelent with the engine..... Many may not know this, but the JPX picks up some pretty good power from removing 1 of the shims...the stock shimming drops the compression down a little too much, which is great for breakin, but limits the power a fair amount...
+1 jp4 runs great on this motor not my fav but its nice.
BeefHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 07:57 PM   #135
Tech Master
 
j_blaze14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Tampa, Fl
Posts: 1,693
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

mine does not like the jp-4, not sure why, the bottom is explosive but at 240c it just won't clear out on a 180ft straight. 053 has worked best so far and will try 2035 maybe tomorrow.
__________________
aGama A8 EVO - Werks B2 - Sidewinder
aGama A8E - TrackStar 150a, 2560kv, 3 and 4 cell
FlySky GT3B, Turnigy HV servos, SKY Lipos
AKA, Proline, Hotbodies Rubber
Elite Performance - HORRC.com
j_blaze14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What a Good 21 to get? Kausekaos Nitro Off-Road 22 08-28-2009 02:04 AM
Jammin JPX .21 heeltoedrver Nitro Off-Road 165 08-25-2009 01:02 PM
v-spec vs jpx.21 engine comparison Bulldawg RC Nitro Off-Road 36 04-23-2009 09:16 AM
*Beautiful Xray XB8* Karter01 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 70 12-14-2008 03:55 PM
What is the best .21 buggy engine chris1381 Nitro Off-Road 30 10-28-2008 05:38 AM
Looking for a new .21 engine for offroad buggy. supralative Nitro Off-Road 54 07-31-2008 02:06 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:41 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net