R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-01-2009, 07:33 PM   #76
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

What ceramic bearings should i get for the jammin engine? im at 1 -1/2 gallon mark and need to replace em. and what suze do i get?

Serpent - Desoto Racing - Picco - AKA - Hitec - RC Addictions Products - Tekin - VRP - Avid RC - SMC - MIP - SkipGear - The Ohio RC Factory
Quad Racer 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 07:55 PM   #77
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad Racer 34 View Post
What ceramic bearings should i get for the jammin engine? im at 1 -1/2 gallon mark and need to replace em. and what suze do i get?
I use TKO bearings. 7x19x6 for the front. 14x25.4x6 for the rear (assuming they didn't change that with the Plus edition).

http://tkocompetitiondev.com

-Howard
pur3evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 07:56 PM   #78
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Need or want to replace them ?
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 10:06 AM   #79
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
Need or want to replace them ?
want too.

Serpent - Desoto Racing - Picco - AKA - Hitec - RC Addictions Products - Tekin - VRP - Avid RC - SMC - MIP - SkipGear - The Ohio RC Factory
Old 10-02-2009, 10:39 AM   #80
Tech Lord

Quote:
want too.

imo your jumping the gun a little quick...ive ran stock bearing's in my JPX's for quite some time before i "wanted" to replace them.....but if your dead set on it go for it...but imo the stock bearing's are pretty stout.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Old 10-02-2009, 11:02 AM   #81
Tech Elite

Quote:
imo your jumping the gun a little quick...ive ran stock bearing's in my JPX's for quite some time before i "wanted" to replace them.....but if your dead set on it go for it...but imo the stock bearing's are pretty stout.
really? i was just thinking about it because i was told that if u replace them soon after break in u can get atleast 10 gallons for the minimum.

Old 10-02-2009, 01:41 PM   #82
Tech Lord

Quote:
really? i was just thinking about it because i was told that if u replace them soon after break in u can get atleast 10 gallons for the minimum.

Proper motor care and not running it lean will achieve 10 gallon's.....not using ceramics alone.
Old 10-02-2009, 05:41 PM   #83
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Im at the one gallon mark on my Jammin Plus and it showing some real nuts now ! I still have the original plug in, and was wondering how long before I should change my break in plug ? Indoor is starting next week and we will race nitros every other weekend till spring, should be able to give a little feedback on this engine with a little more run time. So far this engine hasn't missed a beat, the bottom end was real lean from the factory settings . I will be replacing my plug with a picco plug, ofna#51006
nothin special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 05:52 PM   #84
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothin special View Post
Im at the one gallon mark on my Jammin Plus and it showing some real nuts now ! I still have the original plug in, and was wondering how long before I should change my break in plug ? Indoor is starting next week and we will race nitros every other weekend till spring, should be able to give a little feedback on this engine with a little more run time. So far this engine hasn't missed a beat, the bottom end was real lean from the factory settings . I will be replacing my plug with a picco plug, ofna#51006

easy a gallon or 2...if your tune is on they will last and perform like brand new...its THE only plug i recommend for these motor's.
Old 10-03-2009, 06:26 AM   #85
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothin special View Post
yea i was running mine the other day and the motor keeps getting better and better everytime i run it. i had a real good tune on it on where it was screaming down the straight and coming out of the cornors (and no rich bog on the lsn) and it was barely breaking 200 degrees. i love this motor. i run a 053 pipe with it and on the track i race at you are on the throttle A LOT and i was easily getting 7min.. so the indoor track im racing at in a couple weekends i should probly be pushing 9min hopefully getting close to 10min. i might be able too because its not a big track anyways.

Old 10-03-2009, 06:27 PM   #86
Tech Regular

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I think I'm going to give this engine a try I have a jpx.28 and it is a great engine I'm running a ninja jx .21 right now in my RC8T and IGT2 . Have any of you guys ran the two engines and can tell me how they compare to each other in power bottom and top
Old 10-03-2009, 06:53 PM   #87
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by race raider View Post
I think I'm going to give this engine a try I have a jpx.28 and it is a great engine I'm running a ninja jx .21 right now in my RC8T and IGT2 . Have any of you guys ran the two engines and can tell me how they compare to each other in power bottom and top

Ill let Max feild that question....i haven't ran a .28 in a while.
Old 10-03-2009, 07:55 PM   #88
Tech Regular

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Quote:
Ill let Max feild that question....i haven't ran a .28 in a while.
I'm sorry I was not clear I was asking to compare the jx.21 to the jpx.21
Old 10-03-2009, 09:38 PM   #89
Tech Master

For the old Jammin 21 I can say for sure with almost any pipe the picco will eat a ninja for lunch up to mid rpm.

From mid top high rpm it depends on pipe but picco will mostly keep up with the ninja & with a cheap thick 086 pipe will feel about even with the ninja.

That is the old jammin 21 compaired the the new ninja at my tracks,the new picco I dont know but ASSUME it would be even better on top as that seems the way they have been going with their motors from the O.G. P7 through the newest versions(less bittom,more top)
Old 10-04-2009, 08:08 AM   #90
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

We will have to ask Maximo if there has been any
changes in crank or port timing on this version of
the JPX.21. I read somewhere that Jammin Jay said
that the new carb was throated down smaller to
get better run times. That statement is from the
horses mouth. But that horse has also been known
to talk out of both ends.
rageworks is offline   Reply With Quote