R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 08-29-2009, 07:58 PM   #1
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default flameout question?

Hey whats up everyone? maybe you guys could help me out.

I have a kyosho strr with a rb ws7.

My problem is when the truck is on its roof for a little bit it runs fine with blips of throttle, after it is back on its wheels it goes for about 10 seconds and then leans out and stalls regardless of how you apply throttle.

Engine runs great will idle for hours and never stalls any other times.

What can I do?

Thanks, Joe
jnslprd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 08:56 PM   #2
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Sounds like a bad tank problem. I would try replacing the tank and fuel line and see if that helps.
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 10:27 PM   #3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Check to make sure you are not losing pressure in the tank. It gets pressure from the line going to it from the exaust. Sounds like a pressure problem.
bigde2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 12:04 AM   #4
Tech Master

Sounds to me like your fuel line is filling with air when your upside down & no fuel at the pickup.If you run upside down a long time you may end up with 6" or more of air in the line.That didnt used to be a problem with the older motors that were tuned a little fat but with the newer motors that tune so lean on bottom that they will idle forever it only takes the blink of an eye of no fuel to loose flame, wich coincidentally is about how long it takes 6"of air to run through the lines once the bubble hits the carb.

Also if the diffuser in the tank cap dont work right fuel will enter the pressure line when your upside down & may cause the pressure problem as mentioned in the last 2 posts.

Couple ways to check would be get the truck up to temp then take the body off & flip it upside down with your hand & see if fuel enters the pressure line if it does thats at least 1 problem. Another way is again up to temp,remove body & make sure tank is 100% full then flip by hand & watsh for air in the line.If no air then flip on wheels & drive away & soo if it dies. Then repeat that test with only 1/3 of a tank & watch for air when it hits the normal marshalling time flip on wheels & drive away & see if it dies. If it dies richen the low end a few hours & do the flip test again at 1/3 tank adding air to the lines then drive away & see if richening the low end helped.
Old 08-30-2009, 12:14 AM   #5
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by butch man View Post
Sounds to me like your fuel line is filling with air when your upside down & no fuel at the pickup.If you run upside down a long time you may end up with 6" or more of air in the line.That didnt used to be a problem with the older motors that were tuned a little fat but with the newer motors that tune so lean on bottom that they will idle forever it only takes the blink of an eye of no fuel to loose flame, wich coincidentally is about how long it takes 6"of air to run through the lines once the bubble hits the carb.

Also if the diffuser in the tank cap dont work right fuel will enter the pressure line when your upside down & may cause the pressure problem as mentioned in the last 2 posts.

Couple ways to check would be get the truck up to temp then take the body off & flip it upside down with your hand & see if fuel enters the pressure line if it does thats at least 1 problem. Another way is again up to temp,remove body & make sure tank is 100% full then flip by hand & watsh for air in the line.If no air then flip on wheels & drive away & soo if it dies. Then repeat that test with only 1/3 of a tank & watch for air when it hits the normal marshalling time flip on wheels & drive away & see if it dies. If it dies richen the low end a few hours & do the flip test again at 1/3 tank adding air to the lines then drive away & see if richening the low end helped.
Good advice, I am not having an issue, but I will keep what you stated in mind, I have seen it before and did not know what the issue was from.