Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
TRACK STAR RACER SERVICES NOW OPEN (SoCal) >

TRACK STAR RACER SERVICES NOW OPEN (SoCal)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TRACK STAR RACER SERVICES NOW OPEN (SoCal)

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 09:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stipres
Can you look cool if you drive a minivan?
haven't i proved that already?
Old 05-18-2010, 09:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by itsshemp
I dont know... im liking the idea of a miniVan for Pres.. Now if we carpool to races, we can pimp it in a GVan, instead of "Fred Sanford'in" it in my car with ALL out gear hanging out the windows of the ol Camery!
Old 05-18-2010, 12:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by itsshemp
I dont know... im liking the idea of a miniVan for Pres.. Now if we carpool to races, we can pimp it in a GVan, instead of "Fred Sanford'in" it in my car with ALL out gear hanging out the windows of the ol Camery!
hahahahaha, fred sanford, haha thats hilarious!!
Old 05-18-2010, 12:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Just got back from racing in Arkansas at the TOP GUN Challenge. I took first in nitro touring and 3rd in 13.5 unlimited Had a blast out there. Don't have any podium shots yet, but here are the ones I had on my camera. Trophy for 1st was a fighter pilot helmet! Its got to be the coolest trophy I've ever won. Oh and Scotty Ernst was my pitman for nitro! Had to add that in

Big thanks to Jimmy Wright for the advice on head shimming....people were thinking I had a .21 in my car over the weekend Go Trackstar!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 05-18-2010, 12:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Congrats Timmie! I would totally wear that on the drivers stand! hahaha! Great job buddy!
Old 05-18-2010, 02:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Excellent! Way to go Timmie!!

I heard you had them flat covered in nitro touring.... You won 5 out of 6 qualifiers???

Excellent driving also in 13.5! That is one hell of a tough class to run much less to podium in.

Congratulations!
Old 05-18-2010, 04:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tech5
Congrats Timmie! I would totally wear that on the drivers stand! hahaha! Great job buddy!
Hehe thanks Chris Yeah I like the helmet....when I was driving back I put it on and little kids in the back of minivans were pointing at me laughing good fun and I'm a little safer going down the road.

Originally Posted by Racecrafter
Excellent! Way to go Timmie!!

I heard you had them flat covered in nitro touring.... You won 5 out of 6 qualifiers???

Excellent driving also in 13.5! That is one hell of a tough class to run much less to podium in.

Congratulations!
It was a cool race cause no qualifying....6 heads up races with random starting order. Sucked if you got a high number, but made it real challenging to make up the positions. I took first in 5 races in nitro, set track record, and had the only car in nitro or electric classes into the 14 sec range...my nitro was ballistic! And 13.5 I was happy with 3rd considering EJ was driving lol. Man that dude is fast. I got a lot of work to do before nats in norcal

Thanks for all the advice Jimmy
Old 05-21-2010, 07:46 AM
Tech Master

Looks like a BiG weekend of racing for thr Trackstar crew! We will have drivers all over the country doing their best to bring home the gold! Good luck to you all! Trackstar also has a super rare Jammin scrt10 coming into stock Monday. If your looking for a stock truck or the ultra dominating Trackstar prepped version we have a package that will put you up front. Dont forget to check out trackstarrc.com daily as we have been adding lots of cool stuff from Tamiya as well as many others. See ya at the races!
-Chris
Old 05-24-2010, 10:29 AM
Tech Master

Awesome weekend of racing! The shortcourse race was a blast! Jimmy, Pres and I made the trak out to westcoast r/c raceway to take a stab at the title in our respective classes. Jimmy and Pres both ran pro4 and pro2 while I ran sportsman4. The turnout was excellent with 160 entries. Jimmy and Pres both showed early on that their Trackstar prepped Jammins were on pace as both put them in the A on Saturday. In sportsman4, I was having a blast running laps and trying to finish top 4 in all my qualifiers. I unfortunatly would not be seeded as of Saturday night and would have to make my 3rd round a good run to get in. In Pro2 Jimmy and Pres were both on pace with their Trackstar HPI Blitz trucks against some wicked fast trucks! Jimmy was in as of Saturday night and Pres like me had to "do work" on Sunday morning in his 3rd roun of qualifing. Saturday night after the races we had a nice dinner meeting with Jesse from Tru-r/c wraps and worked out a deal to bring Tru-r/c wraps on board at Trackstar. Sundays 3rd round and mains proved that Trackstar drivers never give up. Jimmy and Pres were up 1st in pro4 and both were driving great. There was a Kungspiracy in Pro4 that put a sour note on the rest of the race day in Pro4. Jimmy and pres both ended up the day in Pro4 with great top 10 finishes. In Pro2 Pres had a great 3rd qualifier and put himself in the Pro2 A main. Both Jimmy and Pres did excellent all day in Pro2 and both came out with top 10 finishes. In sportsman I ended up running a great 3rd qualifier to put me solidly in the B. I got blasted at the start and was down a half lap on last place. I put the Trackstar Jammin on kill and came back to finish 6th after a race full of very "agressive" driving by all in my class. It was a rad weekend and I look forward to being able to come out and get some more wheel time in with my Trackstar/AKA/Fantom/Tru-rc Jammin scrt10.
Old 05-29-2010, 01:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Awesome report Chris!

I'd like to announce rather early that Trackstar is preparing to open up a retail site dedicated solely to Short Course R/C; shortcoursehq.com

This will be a one stop shop for all of your SC needs.

Not only will we have kits and replacement parts from all of the major SC manufacturers but we will be carrying performance parts, tires, wheels, bodies wraps, electronics etc. Everything you will need to have a competitive racer.

In Track Star tradition we will also be offering all of our services for SC trucks.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Racecrafter
Awesome report Chris!

I'd like to announce rather early that Trackstar is preparing to open up a retail site dedicated solely to Short Course R/C; shortcoursehq.com

This will be a one stop shop for all of your SC needs.

Not only will we have kits and replacement parts from all of the major SC manufacturers but we will be carrying performance parts, tires, wheels, bodies wraps, electronics etc. Everything you will need to have a competitive racer.

In Track Star tradition we will also be offering all of our services for SC trucks.
trackstarsc.com lol
Old 06-01-2010, 04:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sounds cool Jimmy. Good luck in your new endevor.
Old 06-01-2010, 04:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 82 (99%+)

timmie going to nor-cal? CRAP!!!! im switching from the 13.5 class to the 17.5! LMFAO!

Old 06-01-2010, 04:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Just want to know if the alpha engines of any kind are readily available.
Old 06-01-2010, 04:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 82 (99%+)

Originally Posted by freeman
Just want to know if the alpha engines of any kind are readily available.
jimmy has a few f850s instock as of this morning...

twisted might have a green or orange head instock.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.