R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-06-2009, 06:41 PM   #76
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)
Default ALPHA PLUS ENGINES!

TRACK STAR RACER SERVICES is proud to announce that we are an official dealer for ALPHA PLUS Nitro engines!

Proven this past weekend during the Gas Championships at Thunder Alley, Dani Choi took his ALPHA Plus powered buggy to not only the TQ but also a convincing A main win!

All questions can be posted here, PM's or you can email us trackstarrc@gmail.com

www.trackstarrc.com ~ www.facebook.com/TrackStarRC ~ Home of the 2x's Stock Nationals Champion TS-Gold & TS-Black tire sauce, TS-1+ lubricants, TS-Precision bearings, XRG Xtreme Racing Grease, Scale Auto Engineering, ElevenTech, WRD2, Carbon 12, Stiff Products
Racecrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 06:55 PM   #77
Tech Fanatic

Welcome Jimmy!

RC Pro Products Distributor for Alpha.

RC Pro 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 07:26 PM   #78
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Adim_X

Can you PM me a price point on those motors. They are awesome. One of my buddies tested a prototype last winter and it was real impressive.
Adim_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 08:21 PM   #79
Tech Fanatic

If your a shop looking to handle the engines please email me at rcproproducts@rcprosites.com

If you are a racer looking for pricing see the RC Pro Products shop site for suggested retail which is what our dealers sell for. http://shop.rcproproducts.com BTw we strongly suggest buying from our dealers if you have one in your area. Support the shops that support racing.
RC Pro 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 09:02 PM   #80
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Pro 1 View Post
Support the shops that support racing.
Like Track Star Racer Services!!

www.trackstarrc.com ~ www.facebook.com/TrackStarRC ~ Home of the 2x's Stock Nationals Champion TS-Gold & TS-Black tire sauce, TS-1+ lubricants, TS-Precision bearings, XRG Xtreme Racing Grease, Scale Auto Engineering, ElevenTech, WRD2, Carbon 12, Stiff Products
Old 10-06-2009, 09:07 PM   #81
Tech Regular

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Send a message via Yahoo to Chad Millikan
Default Location

Where are you located. Are you just a online place that we contact you for what we need, or are you a store that we can drop by and pick out what we need on a menu
Chad Millikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 09:14 PM   #82
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Millikan View Post
Where are you located. Are you just a online place that we contact you for what we need, or are you a store that we can drop by and pick out what we need on a menu
We are in Winchester CA. (East of Temecula)

You can come by. We are more of a "shop" than a retail store as we build and manufacture here.

We also have an online store at www.trackstarrc.com

Jimmy

Old 10-06-2009, 09:21 PM   #83
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Jimmy I would like to get more info on these new alpha motors, I am in the market for a new motor.

What restrictors are included with the motor? What turbo plug would you reccomend for FL weather(hot humid and always sunny)? What is the longevity of this motor(gallons wise)? Does the backplate and carb need to be sealed pre break-in? Basically just looking for more information, price is nice, and they look awesome, but there are other motors out there that look great and cheap but are crap in my eyes. I dont want to spend 200 bucks on a 5 gallon paper weight.

Thanks,
Brandon
Euro Stealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:59 AM   #84
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro Stealth View Post
Jimmy I would like to get more info on these new alpha motors, I am in the market for a new motor.

What restrictors are included with the motor? What turbo plug would you reccomend for FL weather(hot humid and always sunny)? What is the longevity of this motor(gallons wise)? Does the backplate and carb need to be sealed pre break-in? Basically just looking for more information, price is nice, and they look awesome, but there are other motors out there that look great and cheap but are crap in my eyes. I dont want to spend 200 bucks on a 5 gallon paper weight.

Thanks,
Brandon
YGPM. I saw your PM before the post.

But to reinterate;

They come with a 7&8mm restrictor, P3 or equivelant heat range, I haven't yet seen one with more than a gallon or more and still has pinch and no rod clearance issues, as mentioned before I recommend to air seal EVERY engine.

Jimmy

Old 10-07-2009, 03:06 PM   #85
Tech Elite

TRACK STAR RC would like to say "Welcome to the team!" to Tim "Timmie" Harrington.

Tim has multiple years of on & off road electric knowledge under his belt. He has helped numerous amounts of racers on these forums.

Tim will no doubt be an asset to our team of drivers.

Jimmy Wright

Old 10-07-2009, 03:32 PM   #86
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to charlie_b Send a message via MSN to charlie_b Send a message via Yahoo to charlie_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecrafter View Post
TRACK STAR RC would like to say "Welcome to the team!" to Tim "Timmie" Harrington.

Tim has multiple years of on & off road electric knowledge under his belt. He has helped numerous amounts of racers on these forums.

Tim will no doubt be an asset to our team of drivers.

Jimmy Wright
Trackstar is only getting better! Congrats Timmie.
CFX Paintworks:="https://www.facebook.com/CFXPaintworks?fref=ts
|HITEC|PARMA|PROTEKRC|SWEEP|IWATA|RPM|AMAIN|CREATE X/WICKED/AUTOAIR PAINTS|TEAMASSOCIATED|REEDY
charlie_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:16 AM   #87
Tech Elite

ALPHA Engines are now available and we have a sales special to go along with them.

With any purchase of an ALPHA Engine from Track Star. We will go through it and do a complete pre break in inspection, prep and air seal. for FREE! (With your pre approval)

Also we are offering our race prep and break in service for only $40 if purchased with your order of an ALPHA Engine.

Old 10-08-2009, 11:19 PM   #88
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey Jimmy, are either you or Chris going to be at ARC Saturday?
- Mugen MBX6 Alpha F850 -
- Nomadio Sensor - Hitec servos - Panther tires - DE Racing -
sugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 04:07 AM   #89
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Jimmy/Chris- Congrats on everything. It looks like things are taking off well for you guys! That is great!

Im glad to see that you guys are distributing the new Alfa engines. I was impressed on Danny Choi's finish with this engine last weekend. I will be looking into one of these soon, and will most definitely be contacting you guys about one.

Keep it up!

Danny Flores
Hot Bodies/HPI - Track Star Services - Triton R/C - Alpha Plus Engines - Radiopost - Hemet Competition Raceway (HCR) - Hemet R/C (R.I.P)
itsshemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 08:49 AM   #90
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

These Alpha motors are looking pretty gnarly, can't wait to order mine monday =)
Euro Stealth is offline   Reply With Quote