Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
TRACK STAR RACER SERVICES NOW OPEN (SoCal) >

TRACK STAR RACER SERVICES NOW OPEN (SoCal)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TRACK STAR RACER SERVICES NOW OPEN (SoCal)

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 08:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stipres
Wow, what a rough day yesterday! I feel like I hit a car on the straight WFO throttle. Oh wait, I did! All nitro'ed out from the last couple of weeks of racing. According to USPS, my Blitz is somewhere in Winchester/Temecula. SC racing to come really soon!

Congrats to everyone on there results. Everyone did a great job!

How did Timmie do with the D8???
Well since you asked...sorry I'm long winded hahah

After my first race with my new D8, I actually petted it before I went to bed....LOL! I absolutely LOVE this buggy. I am so much faster with it than my old one.

I'm a touring car driver just getting into offroad because of getting to know Jimmy. Bought a used RC8*old style* because it was cheap, and almost quit because of it That buggy was just evil.

Enter the D8. Awesome steering, I didn't know buggies could rotate this good! Doesn't flop on the ground after a big jump. I can go though the washboard section almost flat out and it just floats over it all. I gained a minute in run time as well since I don't have to drive it so hard. I don't have to think anymore, I just drive

First race with my D8 was yesterday. My 1st qualifier, I qualified 3rd in pro buggy! Dropped to 4th in qualifying for the Amain because my pitguy went the wrong way on my high end needle in my second qual and my engine was loading up really bad. The mains started good, I jumped up to 3rd, was even in second for a while too. But unfortunately, my plug let go. Oh well, I still had a lot of fun! And now I don't get referred to as, "that touring guy"

The setup Fat Daddy suggested was the hot ticket! I still have the stock rear tower and shocks, so I wan't able to replicate the setup exactly but it still worked out really well. Thanks a lot.

I plan on trying some new stuff out for my next race with it. I love my Z852, but I honestly think I'll be faster with my F850. I will be able to stay on throttle longer and increase corner speed even more. And the technical sections is where my strengths are right now. I'm still a little nervous about catching big air to clear the bigger triples lol.

Ok rant over, as you can tell I really like my D8
Old 03-21-2010, 09:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Timmie
You're a great guy and a true ambassador for R/C. I don't even have to say anything more. Your popularity, work and friends prove that.
definatly!!!
Old 03-21-2010, 11:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Here's Chris taking care of Captain America's car.

I call Jimmy that now, it just seemed right with star in the back ground and the colors used on his body along with the blue shock towers.
Old 03-21-2010, 11:46 PM
Tech Elite

I posted a thread under racing forum.

Grass Roots Series Race #2 at Hemet Raceway

More pics and vids on this forum, enjoy.
Old 03-22-2010, 12:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Glad to hear you are really liking the HB D8 Timmie. I felt the exact same when i switched from the Losi. Let me know if you have any questions on the buggy, I might be able to help.

Do you ever make it down to Moncks Corner, SC? I used to live in Charleston (Goose Creek) several years ago. I was wondering if you knew the locals down there?
Old 03-22-2010, 09:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Awsome pics DJ! It was good to see you again! You had a great run in the main!
Old 03-22-2010, 09:20 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Timmie
Well since you asked...sorry I'm long winded hahah

After my first race with my new D8, I actually petted it before I went to bed....LOL! I absolutely LOVE this buggy. I am so much faster with it than my old one.

I'm a touring car driver just getting into offroad because of getting to know Jimmy. Bought a used RC8*old style* because it was cheap, and almost quit because of it That buggy was just evil.

Enter the D8. Awesome steering, I didn't know buggies could rotate this good! Doesn't flop on the ground after a big jump. I can go though the washboard section almost flat out and it just floats over it all. I gained a minute in run time as well since I don't have to drive it so hard. I don't have to think anymore, I just drive

First race with my D8 was yesterday. My 1st qualifier, I qualified 3rd in pro buggy! Dropped to 4th in qualifying for the Amain because my pitguy went the wrong way on my high end needle in my second qual and my engine was loading up really bad. The mains started good, I jumped up to 3rd, was even in second for a while too. But unfortunately, my plug let go. Oh well, I still had a lot of fun! And now I don't get referred to as, "that touring guy"

The setup Fat Daddy suggested was the hot ticket! I still have the stock rear tower and shocks, so I wan't able to replicate the setup exactly but it still worked out really well. Thanks a lot.

I plan on trying some new stuff out for my next race with it. I love my Z852, but I honestly think I'll be faster with my F850. I will be able to stay on throttle longer and increase corner speed even more. And the technical sections is where my strengths are right now. I'm still a little nervous about catching big air to clear the bigger triples lol.

Ok rant over, as you can tell I really like my D8
awesome man! im glad it worked out for you! if you need anymore help, hit up the D8 guys here or the D8 thread. always happy to help
Old 03-22-2010, 09:31 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tech5
Awsome pics DJ! It was good to see you again! You had a great run in the main!
Yeah good times on Sat Chris, it was too much fun. Even turn marshaling was fun racing Jimmy to flip over cars.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Originally Posted by -R2-
Yeah good times on Sat Chris, it was too much fun. Even turn marshaling was fun racing Jimmy to flip over cars.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Silverstate news on Buggy Sport;

http://www.buggy-sport.info/index.php/news.html
Old 03-22-2010, 10:50 AM
JP4
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default TRACK STAR on NEO BUGGY

Old 03-22-2010, 01:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JP4
yeah, thats awesome! congrats to jimmy, and pres again.
Old 03-22-2010, 01:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by -R2-
I posted a thread under racing forum.

Grass Roots Series Race #2 at Hemet Raceway

More pics and vids on this forum, enjoy.
do you have a link? i cant seem to find it
Old 03-22-2010, 01:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 82 (99%+)

Originally Posted by fatdaddy
do you have a link? i cant seem to find it
http://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-f...t-raceway.html
Old 03-22-2010, 01:47 PM
Tech Master

thank you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.