R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 02-01-2010, 10:11 AM   #541
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecrafter View Post
Simply put, Yes.

What was the issue? Was the air humid? Dry? What plug? Too lean? Too rich?
Well, luckily my motor did fine, few others were having a lil trouble gettn the motors to run good. We all had to lean the motors substantially due to the thinner air up there. It was a nice day with normal humidity we have been having down here. I was running an OSp3 and I am pretty sure Danny was also. There was a very slight "bog" down in the low end, Danny had more of an issue than mine did. We leaned his motor and it got to the point where it was driveable. My biggest concern was the loss of power, it wasn't a whole lot, maybe 85% of what we are use to down here. I was wondering if you can gain that power back by changing the shimming?

Please don't miss understand the post, personally I think the Alphas looked the best out there. Granted a lot of people broke during the main, I still took the "W" by about 3 laps. The air was really thin and was just wanting to know what to do next time I was in those conditions.

Thanks to Mark Mayhem, an Alpha user blew his motor during his main, naturally he was "bad mouthing" Alphas. Long story short, Mark took a look at his plug and it had dirt in it. Hopefully he won't give up on the motors!

AKA Products, Team Losi, Track Star Racing, Tekno RC, Hitec RCD, LRP, Schelle Racing, Imagine It Graphics, EKD, VP/PowerMaster fuels
stipres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 07:29 PM   #542
Tech Fanatic

jimmy check this out!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ve9eCc9bHfQ

TLR Team Losi Racing / Novarossi / Nitrotane / Spectrum
trackstarlosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 07:48 PM   #543
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackstarlosi View Post
Already saw it!! Pretty cool huh! (Except when I crashed, the marshal took a while to get me going in the right direction) and then it took me two laps to get my rhythm back.

www.trackstarrc.com ~ www.facebook.com/TrackStarRC ~ Home of the 2x's Stock Nationals Champion TS-Gold & TS-Black tire sauce, TS-1+ lubricants, TS-Precision bearings, XRG Xtreme Racing Grease, Scale Auto Engineering, ElevenTech, WRD2, Carbon 12, Stiff Products
Racecrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 08:19 PM   #544
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Already saw it!! Pretty cool huh! (Except when I crashed, the marshal took a while to get me going in the right direction) and then it took me two laps to get my rhythm back.
Great job Jimmy!
Hot Bodies/HPI - Track Star Services - Triton R/C - Alpha Plus Engines - Radiopost - Hemet Competition Raceway (HCR) - Hemet R/C (R.I.P)
itsshemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 08:58 PM   #545
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
it shows you up on ur side and you trying to flip yourself over but the camera was following chad so i couldnt see all the rest. jeremys quad double was sick though!!

Old 02-01-2010, 09:04 PM   #546
Tech Elite

Quote:
it shows you up on ur side and you trying to flip yourself over but the camera was following chad so i couldnt see all the rest. jeremys quad double was sick though!!
Like 5 laps in a row!

But he runs 3s with an 1/8th motor.

www.trackstarrc.com ~ www.facebook.com/TrackStarRC ~ Home of the 2x's Stock Nationals Champion TS-Gold & TS-Black tire sauce, TS-1+ lubricants, TS-Precision bearings, XRG Xtreme Racing Grease, Scale Auto Engineering, ElevenTech, WRD2, Carbon 12, Stiff Products
Old 02-01-2010, 09:19 PM   #547
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
no kidding! that thing had some serious balls
Old 02-02-2010, 09:43 AM   #548
Tech Elite

Official announcement!!;

Track Star R/C Racer Services' Jimmy Wright and Chris Vierra will be this weeks guests on OFNA Live Thursday Feb 4th from 2pm to 5pm.

We will be discussing who we are, where'd we come from and some of the technical sides of Track Star along with the great manufacturers who back us.

We will also be discussing our latest entry and accomplishments in the 4WD Short Course market with the new Jammin SCRT10.

Check it out at; http://www.ustream.tv/channel/OFNA-Live

Old 02-02-2010, 01:45 PM   #549
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stipres View Post
Well, luckily my motor did fine, few others were having a lil trouble gettn the motors to run good. We all had to lean the motors substantially due to the thinner air up there. It was a nice day with normal humidity we have been having down here. I was running an OSp3 and I am pretty sure Danny was also. There was a very slight "bog" down in the low end, Danny had more of an issue than mine did. We leaned his motor and it got to the point where it was driveable. My biggest concern was the loss of power, it wasn't a whole lot, maybe 85% of what we are use to down here. I was wondering if you can gain that power back by changing the shimming?

Please don't miss understand the post, personally I think the Alphas looked the best out there. Granted a lot of people broke during the main, I still took the "W" by about 3 laps. The air was really thin and was just wanting to know what to do next time I was in those conditions.

Thanks to Mark Mayhem, an Alpha user blew his motor during his main, naturally he was "bad mouthing" Alphas. Long story short, Mark took a look at his plug and it had dirt in it. Hopefully he won't give up on the motors!
My Toro ran just fine. But on a more serious note, Pres your tune was fine after just fattening up the top about 2 hrs. Your clutch was more the issue. During your main, you COULD have gone at least 9 min between stops. I never put more than half a tank in during a stop.

I had a great day, big thanks to Pres, Todd, Danny and Mark for making room for me and the family to pit. Thanks again the Pres for covering my marshalling so I could be on the stand with Jermaine. He missed out on 2nd in the spec Slash class by 4 sec.

Hopefully the rain is light enough for us to race this weekend.....
Old 02-02-2010, 01:54 PM   #550
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I think I'm going to pick one of these up but I'm having a hard time making a choice between the S and Z. I'm running buggy and my current setup (in sig) doesnt have enough low end grunt. I dont want insane low end but I want more than I currently have. Of the two, which tends to get better run times?

It looks like the 0801 is the pipe of choice. I've read that it has a very distinctive sound which is cool but is it obnoxiously loud? pipe if so.
Kyosho RB6 | Viper VTX10r/Reedy Mach 3 9.5 | Hitec 7940
Schumacher SX3 Pro | Viper VTX10r/Reedy Mach 2 8.5 | Hitec 7940
madweazl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 02:27 PM   #551
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by madweazl View Post
I think I'm going to pick one of these up but I'm having a hard time making a choice between the S and Z. I'm running buggy and my current setup (in sig) doesnt have enough low end grunt. I dont want insane low end but I want more than I currently have. Of the two, which tends to get better run times?

It looks like the 0801 is the pipe of choice. I've read that it has a very distinctive sound which is cool but is it obnoxiously loud? pipe if so.
in a losi i would go with the f850 which is a five port. plenty of bottom and top. it compares to a novarossi plus four. the 0801 pipe is a bottom end pipe and will help you get the bottom you are looking for

Old 02-02-2010, 02:27 PM   #552
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by madweazl View Post

I would suggest either the F850 or the S852 for buggy. Both have TONS of power. The F850 has the smoothest delivery. From the bottom to the top, it just pulls. The S852 is smooth also, but has a little more grunt sooner. Both are great engines. I run the F850 in my D8, and it is perfect for that application. I have the S852 in my D8T and it fits that well too. Both get you great run time. In buggy after a 7 minute Qual, I am still sitting on about 1/4- 1/3 of a tank. In truggy afer 7 minutes, I am sitting on about the same, maybe a little more.
The 0801 pipes do sound KILLER! They look great also, with a reinforced stinger to boot!
Truly, you cant go wrong with either one of these engines. If ya like super linear power the F850 is my choice for buggy. It really reminds me of my GRP's I used to run. I felt they were very linear, and loved them. Alpha has taken that place for me!
Hot Bodies/HPI - Track Star Services - Triton R/C - Alpha Plus Engines - Radiopost - Hemet Competition Raceway (HCR) - Hemet R/C (R.I.P)
Old 02-02-2010, 02:29 PM   #553
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stipres View Post

hahahaha mark mayhem thats hilarious

mark had dirt on his plug or was it soomeone else??

Old 02-02-2010, 02:41 PM   #554
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Is anyone else having trouble with trackstar's website? Just wondering on info to when the next shipment of engines will go out. Still waiting on mine.
freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 02:44 PM   #555
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeman View Post
Is anyone else having trouble with trackstar's website? Just wondering on info to when the next shipment of engines will go out. Still waiting on mine.
I know the other day there was a problem with the bearing page showing an error message. Not sure if that has been fixed.

Jimmy will have to update ya on the ETA for the engines. I believe they are due in soon though.