R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-28-2010, 06:13 PM   #526
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Looks like I am going to have to pass on the SC thing. After thinking about it, Im not really "feeling" the borrowing an SC, not having spare parts, and blah blah blah.. Kinda a bummer since it sounds like fun!

I think I AM going to look into getting me my own Blitz so I can get in on some of this action. The indoor thing looked like a blast the other night too!

Anyways, I think I may go hit up the track in Hysperia, and check that out. They have a club race thing going on, and I have never been to that track. Besides, I need to test a few things on my buggy, and burn some more fuel through my S852 and get it ready for Nitro Challenge.

I think their racing starts kinda early, if so, I may swing by Milestone on my way home to see how things are going with the Trackstar crew!
Hot Bodies/HPI - Track Star Services - Triton R/C - Alpha Plus Engines - Radiopost - Hemet Competition Raceway (HCR) - Hemet R/C (R.I.P)
itsshemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 08:43 PM   #527
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsshemp View Post
Looks like I am going to have to pass on the SC thing. After thinking about it, Im not really "feeling" the borrowing an SC, not having spare parts, and blah blah blah.. Kinda a bummer since it sounds like fun!

I think I AM going to look into getting me my own Blitz so I can get in on some of this action. The indoor thing looked like a blast the other night too!

Anyways, I think I may go hit up the track in Hysperia, and check that out. They have a club race thing going on, and I have never been to that track. Besides, I need to test a few things on my buggy, and burn some more fuel through my S852 and get it ready for Nitro Challenge.

I think their racing starts kinda early, if so, I may swing by Milestone on my way home to see how things are going with the Trackstar crew!
Danny,

Shoot me a text tomorrow. I need to talk to you about Saturday.

www.trackstarrc.com ~ www.facebook.com/TrackStarRC ~ Home of the 2x's Stock Nationals Champion TS-Gold & TS-Black tire sauce, TS-1+ lubricants, TS-Precision bearings, XRG Xtreme Racing Grease, Scale Auto Engineering, ElevenTech, WRD2, Carbon 12, Stiff Products
Racecrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 11:48 PM   #528
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:

mark said it was a nice track. hobby shop on site, and food right across the street. track is supposed to have a real super cross flow to it. should be pretty cool!

i think we can all carpool. i forgot i have a roof rack. so we can put the pop-ups on top, and whatever else we feel comfortable putting on the roof
Old 01-29-2010, 03:50 AM   #529
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdaddy View Post
mark said it was a nice track. hobby shop on site, and food right across the street. track is supposed to have a real super cross flow to it. should be pretty cool!

i think we can all carpool. i forgot i have a roof rack. so we can put the pop-ups on top, and whatever else we feel comfortable putting on the roof
You mean like all Pres's gear!?
Hot Bodies/HPI - Track Star Services - Triton R/C - Alpha Plus Engines - Radiopost - Hemet Competition Raceway (HCR) - Hemet R/C (R.I.P)
Old 01-29-2010, 05:51 AM   #530
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
we can put all todds stuff on the roof that way he will drive us there safe..
d8racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 01:25 PM   #531
Tech Master

Quote:
exactly! sorry pres

Quote:
Originally Posted by d8racer View Post
we can put all todds stuff on the roof that way he will drive us there safe..
oh he|_|_ no!
Old 01-29-2010, 11:14 PM   #532
Tech Elite

Once again we'd like to announce the Short Course Championships out at Milestone in Riverside tomorrow only. 8am til we're done.

Track Star will be there running the New Jammin SCRT10's in the unlimited class.

Come by, say Hello and if you need help please ask!

www.trackstarrc.com ~ www.facebook.com/TrackStarRC ~ Home of the 2x's Stock Nationals Champion TS-Gold & TS-Black tire sauce, TS-1+ lubricants, TS-Precision bearings, XRG Xtreme Racing Grease, Scale Auto Engineering, ElevenTech, WRD2, Carbon 12, Stiff Products
Old 01-30-2010, 11:31 PM   #533
Tech Elite

I'd like to thank everyone for coming out to Milestone today and supporting Track Star and enjoying our BBQ.

Congratulations to Carson Wernimont on taking his Chris Vierra built Kyosho SCRR to victory over the Team Associated factory drivers in the SC8 class!!

Carson also placed 2nd in Intermediate 2WD with his Traxxas Slash.

Congrats also go out to Dave Enstrom for finishing 4th in SC8 and putting his Jammin SCRT10 in the A only one day after purchase! (Sorry Dave I didn't find out where you finished in SC 4WD)

Great times! Fun Track! Thanks Joey!

Old 01-31-2010, 07:40 AM   #534
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecrafter View Post
I'd like to thank everyone for coming out to Milestone today and supporting Track Star and enjoying our BBQ.

Congratulations to Carson Wernimont on taking his Chris Vierra built Kyosho SCRR to victory over the Team Associated factory drivers in the SC8 class!!

Carson also placed 2nd in Intermediate 2WD with his Traxxas Slash.

Congrats also go out to Dave Enstrom for finishing 4th in SC8 and putting his Jammin SCRT10 in the A only one day after purchase! (Sorry Dave I didn't find out where you finished in SC 4WD)

Great times! Fun Track! Thanks Joey!
Congrats to all you guys yesterday! I hope you all had a blast! Im hoping some pics are posted by Joey. I would love to see the layout he put together for this race!

A few of us took a ride up to Funtime Hobbies in Hesperia yesterday to check out their Saturday club racing. Not a huge turnout, but enough to put together 6 decent heats, with a couple SC heats too.

We didnt do too bad. Todd Tusler TQ'd in buggy, but Pres finished 1st in the Buggy A main, I TQ'd in truggy, and finished 2nd behind Marc Robinson, after a pretty fun battle until my steering servo went out. Marc Mehan was on the track for 45 minutes straight, after winning the B Main, and going right in the 25 minute A main. He was running his brand new Alpha S852 by the way

all in all a pretty fun day for us.

The weather is looking pretty iffy for next weekend!!
Old 01-31-2010, 08:53 AM   #535
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Great job to everyone who raced yesterday, both SC and the group who went to Fun Time. Especially to Carson, good job buddy!!! Fun Time was... well....FUN. Mark R. and Danny were putting on a pretty good show with their truggies; swapping leads and such in their main. I had a good chance of setting TQ over Todd but ran out of fuel on the last lap of the 7 minute qual. Regardless, good job to Todd. I didn't get on the clock untill about a minute after full tank, plus after not driving for bout 3 weeks, I was probally really heavy on the throttle. A lot more trigger than needed, also clutch set-up was too grabby for the loose dirt; plus 10 experience points for me!!!

Question Jimmy and Chris, a lot of us were having issues finding that "perfect" tune. They were good but possibly could have been better. Could/does changing head shimming help in different altitudes? Something I never had to play with, thats why I ask.

AKA Products, Team Losi, Track Star Racing, Tekno RC, Hitec RCD, LRP, Schelle Racing, Imagine It Graphics, EKD, VP/PowerMaster fuels
stipres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 08:56 AM   #536
Tech Elite

Good Job guys!

Sounds like you had a "Fun Time" !

Old 01-31-2010, 11:24 AM   #537
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecrafter View Post
Good Job guys!

Sounds like you had a "Fun Time" !
"FUN TIME" =
Old 01-31-2010, 09:36 PM   #538
Tech Master

Quote:
Congrats to all you guys yesterday! I hope you all had a blast! Im hoping some pics are posted by Joey. I would love to see the layout he put together for this race!

A few of us took a ride up to Funtime Hobbies in Hesperia yesterday to check out their Saturday club racing. Not a huge turnout, but enough to put together 6 decent heats, with a couple SC heats too.

We didnt do too bad. Todd Tusler TQ'd in buggy, but Pres finished 1st in the Buggy A main, I TQ'd in truggy, and finished 2nd behind Marc Robinson, after a pretty fun battle until my steering servo went out. Marc Mehan was on the track for 45 minutes straight, after winning the B Main, and going right in the 25 minute A main. He was running his brand new Alpha S852 by the way

all in all a pretty fun day for us.

The weather is looking pretty iffy for next weekend!!
definately had a fun time!! not to mention mark scored a new Alpha Orange head motor in the raffle they had.

i have to give it up to funtime hobbies too. i was very impressed with this facility. during practice they had turnmarshalls provided. $1 tacos, and hot dogs, decent hobby shop, and a nice sized track. i dont know when we'll get back there, but i look forward to it!
Old 01-31-2010, 09:49 PM   #539
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by stipres View Post
Great job to everyone who raced yesterday, both SC and the group who went to Fun Time. Especially to Carson, good job buddy!!! Fun Time was... well....FUN. Mark R. and Danny were putting on a pretty good show with their truggies; swapping leads and such in their main. I had a good chance of setting TQ over Todd but ran out of fuel on the last lap of the 7 minute qual. Regardless, good job to Todd. I didn't get on the clock untill about a minute after full tank, plus after not driving for bout 3 weeks, I was probally really heavy on the throttle. A lot more trigger than needed, also clutch set-up was too grabby for the loose dirt; plus 10 experience points for me!!!

Question Jimmy and Chris, a lot of us were having issues finding that "perfect" tune. They were good but possibly could have been better. Could/does changing head shimming help in different altitudes? Something I never had to play with, thats why I ask.
thanks dude! for my first race in intermediate, to be able to do well enough to TQ was definitely luck! congrats to you for pulling the win too! i wish i could have hung in there with you longer, but i had fun none the less

the altitude change played havoc with all of our motors. my picco was running like crap in the main, so i know the tuning problem wasnt exclusive to the Alpha motors.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:38 AM   #540
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by stipres View Post

Simply put, Yes.

What was the issue? Was the air humid? Dry? What plug? Too lean? Too rich?