R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 11-12-2009, 04:34 AM   #166
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech5 View Post
The girls do a great job for us! They are very professional and are in the process of learning even more about TrackStar and the products we carry as well as R/C in general. They have been with us at the onroad races and the off road races and so far the response has been perfect. If your in the neighborhood we will be at hobbytown Corona on the 22nd to race and have the girls out to hopefully run some laps and have some fun.
I need some Fastlane girls like that!!!

I think that would only get me a divorce tho.

Thanks to: Team Losi Racing, Fastlane GraphiX, Sidewinder Fuels, OS Engines, Lucky 7 RC Products
chickenfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 02:24 PM   #167
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I hear ya Chad! Luckily for me they are my sisters. No divorce problems for me! They are able to travel though if you have an event where they are needed.
tech5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 07:57 AM   #168
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Track Star is happy to announce that we are an associate sponsor for the Alabama Manufacturers Shootout!

Thank you Alan.

www.trackstarrc.com ~ www.facebook.com/TrackStarRC ~ Home of the 2x's Stock Nationals Champion TS-Gold & TS-Black tire sauce, TS-1+ lubricants, TS-Precision bearings, XRG Xtreme Racing Grease, Scale Auto Engineering, ElevenTech, WRD2, Carbon 12, Stiff Products
Racecrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 07:14 PM   #169
Tech Elite

Alpha Engine report.

Well it's here.... The 5 gallon mark!

Thursday night we surpassed the 5 gallon mark and now that my Z852 has reached this benchmark, I will be doing a full teardown soon to report the wear measurements.

My F850 is back east in the capable hands of Tim "Timmie" Harrington and by now should have 4+ gallons on it and he reported just a few hours ago that "it is screaming fast and turning heads!".

"Stay tuned!"

Jimmy

www.trackstarrc.com ~ www.facebook.com/TrackStarRC ~ Home of the 2x's Stock Nationals Champion TS-Gold & TS-Black tire sauce, TS-1+ lubricants, TS-Precision bearings, XRG Xtreme Racing Grease, Scale Auto Engineering, ElevenTech, WRD2, Carbon 12, Stiff Products
Old 11-14-2009, 08:15 PM   #170
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Jimmy, You got PM.
Hot Bodies/HPI - Track Star Services - Triton R/C - Alpha Plus Engines - Radiopost - Hemet Competition Raceway (HCR) - Hemet R/C (R.I.P)
itsshemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 09:26 PM   #171
Tech Elite

Sorry guys, I didn't get a chance to get in the shop today.

I'll have engine pics tomorrow.

Old 11-16-2009, 08:40 AM   #172
Tech Elite

Alpha F850's should be arriving before Turkey Day!

If you are interested order now!

Half of what has been ordered are already spoken for.

Old 11-16-2009, 04:06 PM   #173
Tech Elite

OK here they are as promised.

I must say that I am VERY pleased with these engines. The pictures you are about to see are from my Z852 5+2 port that I mostly have run in truggy. The very same that consistantly has taken me to 11:00+ run times everywhere it's been, has been driven by a dozen different people, in four different makes of buggy and truggy, had 4 different brands of fuel run through it all on only two OS P3 plugs and now with a total of just a tank over 5-1/2 gallons.

The pinch is all but gone but it still has great compression. The backplate is barely scathed, the rear bearing is butter and the front bearing seal is slightly seaping (normal) the piston and wrist pin have no wear and the best part...... The crank pin and rod bushing have no detectable wear! if anything from the stock measurements I took it's
.00025" or .006mm! in those 5+ gallons.
Attached Thumbnails
TRACK STAR RACER SERVICES NOW OPEN (SoCal)-ride-run-race-alpha-019.jpg   TRACK STAR RACER SERVICES NOW OPEN (SoCal)-ride-run-race-alpha-020.jpg   TRACK STAR RACER SERVICES NOW OPEN (SoCal)-ride-run-race-alpha-021.jpg   TRACK STAR RACER SERVICES NOW OPEN (SoCal)-ride-run-race-alpha-024.jpg   TRACK STAR RACER SERVICES NOW OPEN (SoCal)-ride-run-race-alpha-032.jpg  

Old 11-17-2009, 11:22 AM   #174
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecrafter View Post
OK here they are as promised.

I must say that I am VERY pleased with these engines. The pictures you are about to see are from my Z852 5+2 port that I mostly have run in truggy. The very same that consistantly has taken me to 11:00+ run times everywhere it's been, has been driven by a dozen different people, in four different makes of buggy and truggy, had 4 different brands of fuel run through it all on only two OS P3 plugs and now with a total of just a tank over 5-1/2 gallons.

The pinch is all but gone but it still has great compression. The backplate is barely scathed, the rear bearing is butter and the front bearing seal is slightly seaping (normal) the piston and wrist pin have no wear and the best part...... The crank pin and rod bushing have no detectable wear! if anything from the stock measurements I took it's
.00025" or .006mm! in those 5+ gallons.

.....Oh dang I forgot to check the clock position of the wrist pin clips!!!

Old 11-17-2009, 12:49 PM   #175
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to imaxx21

Quote:

HAHA!
Old 11-17-2009, 01:28 PM   #176
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Make sure to stop by and see us if your in Hemet Saturday for their 1st annual turkey shootout. Its a great race for a great cause! If your in Corona Sunday we will be at the hobbytown for the final O.C. circuit race of the year there. Rumor has it Jimmy got himself a new Tamiya hotrod! Bring your cars out and have fun!
tech5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 07:13 PM   #177
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech5 View Post
Rumor has it Jimmy got himself a new Tamiya hotrod! Bring your cars out and have fun!

Old 11-18-2009, 04:53 PM   #178
Tech Elite

Z852's are once again back on the shelves.

Also pistons, sleeves, con rods, piston pins & clips along with bearings (even ceramics) are available

Old 11-18-2009, 05:02 PM   #179
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Z852's are once again back on the shelves.

Also pistons, sleeves, con rods, piston pins & clips along with bearings (even ceramics) are available
any red heads yet jimmy?
Hot Bodies/HPI - Track Star Services - Triton R/C - Alpha Plus Engines - Radiopost - Hemet Competition Raceway (HCR) - Hemet R/C (R.I.P)
itsshemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 05:41 PM   #180
Tech Apprentice

Quote:

Jimmy,

Did you line up the dots on the timing chain sprockets when your put it back together?