R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 09-01-2009, 11:52 AM   #31
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyTheRocket View Post
+1 I don't know how many times I have said this also! They will learn sooner or later!
i believe you. i like the rc8 i just want something different. all the buggys at my local track are either Losi or Team Associated. i want to be the person to have what everyone else doesnt have. probly 50 percent of them are losi's. and some AE's, ive seen 2 D8's (not on the same weekend), and a couple MBX6, and one Hyper 9. and he was only there one time. and i fell in love with the car. even though i didnt get to drive it it looked, in my eyes, like a GREAT handling buggy. he was running somewhere top5 in the pro A main.

Serpent - Desoto Racing - Picco - AKA - Hitec - RC Addictions Products - Tekin - VRP - Avid RC - SMC - MIP - SkipGear - The Ohio RC Factory
Quad Racer 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 01:24 PM   #32
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad Racer 34 View Post
i believe you. i like the rc8 i just want something different. all the buggys at my local track are either Losi or Team Associated. i want to be the person to have what everyone else doesnt have. probly 50 percent of them are losi's. and some AE's, ive seen 2 D8's (not on the same weekend), and a couple MBX6, and one Hyper 9. and he was only there one time. and i fell in love with the car. even though i didnt get to drive it it looked, in my eyes, like a GREAT handling buggy. he was running somewhere top5 in the pro A main.
it sounds to me like you should get a hyper 9. if you dont I think you will always wonder. My brother has the hyper 9 and its his favorite. If at first it doesnt turn great its because of your setup cause the car turns very well .
dandrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 06:32 AM   #33
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to JoeyTheRocket Send a message via Yahoo to JoeyTheRocket

Quote:
If it was me I would get in the crowd that is the most popular. Then you have setup help and someone has to have a part if you break.
Old 09-02-2009, 07:23 AM   #34
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyTheRocket View Post
If it was me I would get in the crowd that is the most popular. Then you have setup help and someone has to have a part if you break.
I understand were quad racer is coming from i do the same exact thing when i ran on road electric everyone ran the cyclone and t2 and i ran the only 415msx same with nitro onroad i ran the only serpent and everyone else ran mugen xray and tm and now that im running off road everyone here runs losi AE and jammin. I bought a rc8 and still havn't ran it yet (waiting on my clutch to come in) but the more i sit here the more i want to get a tamiya and no one else at the track has one but it looks great and i test drove one that a guy brought once.
beta bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 08:02 AM   #35
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to smb17

Quote:
and i fell in love with the car. even though i didnt get to drive it it looked, in my eyes, like a GREAT handling buggy. he was running somewhere top5 in the pro A main.
Yeah I feel in love with the hyper 7, Sometimes I think of getting one just to have it =P But I may just end up with the 9 if I feel like getting a hyper someday.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:34 AM   #36
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Be a man get the 9!!
Old 09-02-2009, 09:52 AM   #37
Tech Addict

I vote for the 9.. I to be fair have only ever driven Hyper 8.5 and now 9.. been running mine for atleast 3-4 months.. And really do like it-Says that just ordering a 808-09 lol.. Yea I really do like mine, the only reason im changing to a 808 is to try something different.. as I have always only run Hyper's and feel like a change. Its a great car, fast jumps well.. nimble-Some have issues on durability but most buggies do anyway.. you will like the 9 trust me..
jamiekerr14 is offline   Reply With Quote