Wiki Posts
Search

V-Spec ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 08:50 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Default V-Spec ?

Can anyone conclude that the V-Spec Blue Head Piston and Sleeve are the same as the Speed piston and sleeve. I am well aware that they are different connecting rods carb and crank. The sleeves appear to be identical to me. Both appear to have the same port timing and bore. I can not find any info on the web sight. I figure someone on here will know for sure. Thanks guys
Old 08-23-2009, 09:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Flyin Ryan
Can anyone conclude that the V-Spec Blue Head Piston and Sleeve are the same as the Speed piston and sleeve. I am well aware that they are different connecting rods carb and crank. The sleeves appear to be identical to me. Both appear to have the same port timing and bore. I can not find any info on the web sight. I figure someone on here will know for sure. Thanks guys
They are NOT the same! They are very simmilar, but there are some differences with the biggest being in the exhaust port. So, no thay aren't the identical, but very close.
Old 08-23-2009, 09:06 PM
Tech Adept

Next ? Will the rod and crank from the speed work with the blue head engine Piston and sleeve?
Old 08-23-2009, 09:08 PM
Tech Master

From the SPEED? Yes.
Old 08-23-2009, 09:14 PM
Tech Adept

? 3 Will there be any significant benefits from running the speed crank and connecting rod with the blue head piston and sleeve.
Old 08-23-2009, 09:20 PM
Tech Master

The bottom end will be smoother because of the weighted crank. You will have longer rod and crank life with the SPEED components.
Old 08-23-2009, 09:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Alan D.
The bottom end will be smoother because of the weighted crank. You will have longer rod and crank life with the SPEED components.
+1
Old 08-24-2009, 06:16 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Flyin Ryan
? 3 Will there be any significant benefits from running the speed crank and connecting rod with the blue head piston and sleeve.
If you want a STUPID combination run the Speed crank with the Ninja piston and sleeve. Stupid as in "Holy &*^% this thing is fast!"

The Speed rod has an oiling hole... the VSPEC doesn't. The VSPEC crank has an oiling hole instead.

The Speed crank is hard-coated, much more durable than the VSPEC one... If you run the speed crank, you cannot use the VSPEC rod... but you can use the VSPEC crank with the Speed rod.
Old 08-28-2009, 04:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Cool

Originally Posted by DOMIT
If you want a STUPID combination run the Speed crank with the Ninja piston and sleeve. Stupid as in "Holy &*^% this thing is fast!"

The Speed rod has an oiling hole... the VSPEC doesn't. The VSPEC crank has an oiling hole instead.

The Speed crank is hard-coated, much more durable than the VSPEC one... If you run the speed crank, you cannot use the VSPEC rod... but you can use the VSPEC crank with the Speed rod.
DOMIT< just curious, Isn`t the ninja sleeve a 5port, whereas the v-spec
is a 3port mota? so would this actually work, with v-spec crankcase?