Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
any1 ever ordered an engine from hong kong to uk??? >

any1 ever ordered an engine from hong kong to uk???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

any1 ever ordered an engine from hong kong to uk???

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 11:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default any1 ever ordered an engine from hong kong to uk???

can anybody please help.

Just wondering if any1 ever ordered a nitro engine from hong kong to uk???

is so how much extra fees were on top, ie - customs charges/tax etc..

any help would be appreciated as im ready to do this in next to todays if recommended. thanks.. curt
Old 08-25-2009, 11:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

hi a mate ordered a engine from rc mushroom in hong kong and they dont put the real price on the box so you dont get stopped at customs

waiting for 1 to come in stock as soon as it does i will be ordering from the same place

hope that helps Ben
Old 08-25-2009, 11:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

thanks for quick response m8, ill check that out now. nice1
Old 08-25-2009, 12:07 PM
Tech Adept

Never had engine, but had other stuff e.g. lipo's and never had any customs to pay on any occasion
Old 08-25-2009, 12:21 PM
Tech Adept

ordered a GO 0801 pipe set and a gen 5.5 carb from hong kong and the both came within a week and they were dirt cheap. I think they were marked as toy car parts in customs.
Old 08-25-2009, 01:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

think im definately gonna order from RC Mushroom. damn that site has good cheap engines. thanx for the advice on that. can save more than 100quid on a toro nero compard to here in u.k, and alsmost same on a + 4. that site rocls
Old 08-25-2009, 01:43 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by htcurt
think im definately gonna order from RC Mushroom. damn that site has good cheap engines. thanx for the advice on that. can save more than 100quid on a toro nero compard to here in u.k, and alsmost same on a + 4. that site rocls
let us know how it goes, if theres any additional costs. Been looking on there my self way cheaper than any store here in the uk lol
Old 08-25-2009, 02:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

exactly what i am gonna do however i am torn beetween the toro nero and the plus 4 i dont know what to get i heard the toro doesnt have alot of bottom end grunt so i am not sure

Ben
Old 08-26-2009, 02:26 AM

Ordered Toro nero

Came 4 days later

got a customs charge of £8

but saved £100 on uk price

so im a happy chappy
Old 08-26-2009, 04:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by BenXB8ec
exactly what i am gonna do however i am torn beetween the toro nero and the plus 4 i dont know what to get i heard the toro doesnt have alot of bottom end grunt so i am not sure

Ben

exactly what i first read that the toro nero is lower on bottom end until i later found out that apperently the toro with a turbo plug is as good as a +4 if u get the bottom end bang on, apperntly just even a tad to rich on the bottom and its badly affected but if u get this perfect its meant to be easily as good. this is what i read anyway.. with nearly an extra .4 hp its beleiveable i suppose.. i last had a RB WS9 and am finding it hard to go downwards in power so much to a +4 especially as i have a hyper 8.5 which is fairly heavy compared to other cars. really dont know what to do and the main problem is i gotta purchase an engine tonight. What do i do - Toro Nero or +4?? or do i go back to RB?? can get hold of a c6 BB7T with 2045 pipe, with less than a gallon through it. Somebody i know has major back problems so cant race is willing to let me take it for 190, boxed with everything needed to run + more. its a 350quid set
Old 08-26-2009, 07:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

exactly what i first read that the toro nero is lower on bottom end until i later found out that apperently the toro with a turbo plug is as good as a +4 if u get the bottom end bang on, apperntly just even a tad to rich on the bottom and its badly affected but if u get this perfect its meant to be easily as good. this is what i read anyway.. with nearly an extra .4 hp its beleiveable i suppose.. i last had a RB WS9 and am finding it hard to go downwards in power so much to a +4 especially as i have a hyper 8.5 which is fairly heavy compared to other cars. really dont know what to do and the main problem is i gotta purchase an engine tonight. What do i do - Toro Nero or +4?? or do i go back to RB?? can get hold of a c6 BB7T with 2045 pipe, with less than a gallon through it. Somebody i know has major back problems so cant race is willing to let me take it for 190, boxed with everything needed to run + more. its a 350quid set
do you think that a toro is nessercary on the uk tracks i think a plus 4 would be better as they are so smooth. do you think you can use the power of a nero?

ps were you at clanfield on the 23rd
Old 08-26-2009, 07:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by BenXB8ec
do you think that a toro is nessercary on the uk tracks i think a plus 4 would be better as they are so smooth. do you think you can use the power of a nero?

ps were you at clanfield on the 23rd
well i did have a WS9 last and just as i started to get used to it the time came where it had to be sold, hence why im now in this situation.

and no m8 iave never been to clanfield. all though have been to most tracks in the midlands. Whats theory on a +5 k, or even a P5 XLT, which is best, this is also looking like a good option for me right now.. thanks
Old 08-27-2009, 04:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

settled with a Novarossi P5 XLT for 199pound from podium RC in the end. ordered yeaterday. now i can rest. thanks for help every1