Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Lightning Series questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 03:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Hot Bodies Lightning Series questions

Hey guys, i currently own a HB lightning pro buggy, and both of my servos are standing up. i noticed with the truggy parts, it has the stand up servo for the throttle, but the steering servo lays down. NOW it looks as if i could make it work on my buggy (to lower CG). but does it?

thanks
Old 08-23-2009, 06:55 PM
Tech Master

no one??? please
Old 08-25-2009, 07:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You need the radio tray of the Lightning Pro 2 or stadium truck, see part number XTR10441S or XTR10441 at Amain Hobbies. They don't seem to list the hot bodies one any more.

[
Old 08-25-2009, 09:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

if you have the original lightning, youre probably better off saving your money for a new D8.

yeah, the lay down servo will help lower your CG, but the rest of the car is so far behind the curve its not even worth trying to improve it.

beat the tar outa that thing till you get the funds for a D8
Old 08-25-2009, 12:38 PM
Tech Master

Well, see the problem is the "tar" has already been beaten out of it. when i priced out all the pieces i was going to replace on it. it was going to cost 200$! (new chassis,diff boxes cause they were stripped, a whole new screw set...wing mount and other misc things.) I mean, i would pretty much have a brand new buggy. right now a new d8 is...alot more than what i want to spend. especially with college now...if you guys really think its a waste of money then i guess i wont throw anything into it, but i just wondered if that was interchangable. figured i'd try to give myself one small advantage while having it.
Old 08-25-2009, 02:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I race a Lightning 2 Pro and love it - I've made a few modifications to improve the handling and way it tracks. Its not that heavy of a buggy and really does turn a lot of heads.

D all the parts you are looking at total - maybe 50 bucks. If you have a good motor and like to tinker, you might be able to cut that down by 10 bucks or so.

I think the D8 is the shizz and I'm sure I'll be racing one towards the end of the year. But the lightning 2 pro is a great buggy.

PM me if you need some help locating that stuff or have any questions - there is a large group if Hot Bodies guys on here that can also get you in the right direction.

Good Luck -
Old 08-25-2009, 05:31 PM
Tech Master

Well, right now i KNOW i need:

new chassis: 45$
diff box(stripped): 9$ getting two, incase the rear goes then
wing mount: 5$
hinge pins : 5$
pipe mount: 2$
screw set: 45$
king headz shock towers: 33$
servo saver: 6$
motor mount: 12+20 so 32$
chassis stiffeners: 40$
ball cups: 4$
front susp. holder: 3$

thats almost 250$ there..
Old 08-27-2009, 10:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

SO basically you have a parted / worn HB lighting buggy. Minus the wing mount / hinge pins / shock towers / stiffeners / ball cups / - I can hook you up with a used chassis straight / a couple diff housings / a pipe mount / motor mount (Do you need the mounting plates to or just the mounts) / servo saver / and front holder are you talking about the cup holder? Also there is a awesome C-hub mod that will prevent you from breaking or stripping out c-hubs for like 10 bucks in parts. I also have an extra servo plate so you can lay down your steering servo (Its not carbon fiber - its the pro aluminum one) I would be willing to ship it to all to you for like 50 bucks give or take on actual shipping. Then you are left with less then 60 or so in parts if you mod the front steering c-hubs.

Its up to you, I tinker and mod and mod and make things work, that's half the fun of racing. The other, is testing out your mods to see how far you can take it till you break it

If your just bashing it .. then bash it till you can get a D8 - if you want to rebuild it and or up grade it the options are out there
Old 08-29-2009, 08:42 AM
Tech Master

do you take paypal?

also yes i plan on racing it. i used to bash...but its just not fun to bash alone anymore