R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-19-2009, 08:41 AM   #1
Tech Apprentice
 
Chewwie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 55
Send a message via AIM to Chewwie
Default Need ppl's opinion on Revo 3.3 or Hpi Hellfire

i came across to these 2 great deals....which truck is better ? any info would help thanks
Chewwie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 08:44 AM   #2
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: tallahassee, FL
Posts: 695
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

it really depends on what your wanting it for, (ie: bashing, racing) if your wanting it for racing go with the revo, if your wanting it for bashing revo or hellfire. the revo will take a little beating
__________________
kyosho mp9:novarossi 21-4C, nova 2084, 7955TG, dx3R
slayyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 08:46 AM   #3
Tech Master
 
JoeyTheRocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New Albany, Ohio
Posts: 1,888
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to JoeyTheRocket Send a message via Yahoo to JoeyTheRocket
Default

Both are junk! Get a buggy and come out to have some fun at the tracks!
__________________
Joey Kubat ↔ MWNS Staff www.MidwestNitro.com
Mugen Seiki / AKA Racing / Novarossi / PT RC Racing Oils / Advantage Racing Products
JoeyTheRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 08:47 AM   #4
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: tallahassee, FL
Posts: 695
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

hahaha, yea i know about them cuz thats what i started with was a revo but its been sitting in the closet for close to a year and i have a losi 8ight 2.0 now!!! a whole lot better!
__________________
kyosho mp9:novarossi 21-4C, nova 2084, 7955TG, dx3R
slayyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 08:50 AM   #5
Tech Master
 
megasaxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Lake City, PA
Posts: 1,679
Trader Rating: 24 (88%+)
Send a message via AIM to megasaxon Send a message via Yahoo to megasaxon
Default

Why would you tell him to buy a smallblock MT for racing? Most places MT racing is dead, in favor of Truggy Racing. The HellFire is a truggy and would be more suitable for racing and actually would prolly be an awesome basher too....
__________________
Team Associated RC8.2e - Savox Servos - SMC Batteries - Jconcepts Tires
megasaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 09:12 AM   #6
Tech Apprentice
 
Chewwie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 55
Send a message via AIM to Chewwie
Default

I'm probably just going to do bashing ....
Chewwie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 10:29 AM   #7
Tech Champion
 
Maximo's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 6,721
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Both are junky..... buy a good truggy like a Losi,Mugen,AE,Jammin,X-Ray,Kyosho, even a Castor....but don't be buying a HPI Hellfire, its a very poor product thats discontinued and obsolete...And a Revo is more hassle then its worth.... Both a revo or Hellfire will be always breaking and needing repairs, and when they are running they won't come close to the better brands I have recommended.......... It amazes me that there are still Hellfires in circulation, these things weren't any good 5 years ago, why on Earth are hobby stores still trying to trick people into buying them today ?
Maximo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 01:23 PM   #8
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 129
Default

depending on how good the deal is, last time i looked at tower hobbies, the hell fire was just over 600$ thats allot of money.
there much better RTR's on the market for cheaper.
both have there issues,

Hell Fire, It's heavy out dated, and parts support at the hobby shops, piss poor at best, also if your lucky to find someone else racing one, consider it rare. that means no help if you break a stupid simple part, and dont have a spare.
Revo, well I spent a year as an Repair Tech at a local hobby shop. the Revo has quite a few issues, breaks very easily, common complaint it breaks every time I take it out, and to make it worse, each part failure was something different, didnt matter suspension failure, tranny failure, ALLOT of servo failures, it take 2 to turn the F*&%in wheels.

really to get started in the hobby, you'd be happier with a different vehicle. these 2 have ISSUES
rc_racer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 02:16 PM   #9
Tech Master
 
megasaxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Lake City, PA
Posts: 1,679
Trader Rating: 24 (88%+)
Send a message via AIM to megasaxon Send a message via Yahoo to megasaxon
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc_racer1 View Post
depending on how good the deal is, last time i looked at tower hobbies, the hell fire was just over 600$ thats allot of money.
there much better RTR's on the market for cheaper.
both have there issues,

Hell Fire, It's heavy out dated, and parts support at the hobby shops, piss poor at best, also if your lucky to find someone else racing one, consider it rare. that means no help if you break a stupid simple part, and dont have a spare.
Revo, well I spent a year as an Repair Tech at a local hobby shop. the Revo has quite a few issues, breaks very easily, common complaint it breaks every time I take it out, and to make it worse, each part failure was something different, didnt matter suspension failure, tranny failure, ALLOT of servo failures, it take 2 to turn the F*&%in wheels.

really to get started in the hobby, you'd be happier with a different vehicle. these 2 have ISSUES
+1 the Hellfire is $579.99 on tower, instead get a CEN TR Arena RTR, much better truck, will need a few cheap upgrades and its almost bulletproof. The motor that comes on it is powerful and you could race it and be pretty competitve, and the price is oustanding: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXSWP0&P=0
__________________
Team Associated RC8.2e - Savox Servos - SMC Batteries - Jconcepts Tires
megasaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 05:56 PM   #10
Tech Lord
 
Integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,303
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra
Default

IMO CEN's are no better then a hellfire or a revo....they are outdated compared to what's out there for the price and imo they aren't even that tough with out throwing significant $$ At them....Losi Mugen AE Xray Jammin Kyosho would all be acceptable bashers and treat you much better in the end over a revo or hellfart.
__________________
Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - Clockwork Engines Team Driver - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 06:04 PM   #11
Tech Master
 
megasaxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Lake City, PA
Posts: 1,679
Trader Rating: 24 (88%+)
Send a message via AIM to megasaxon Send a message via Yahoo to megasaxon
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
IMO CEN's are no better then a hellfire or a revo....they are outdated compared to what's out there for the price and imo they aren't even that tough with out throwing significant $$ At them....Losi Mugen AE Xray Jammin Kyosho would all be acceptable bashers and treat you much better in the end over a revo or hellfart.
i disagree, last season a guy at my track consistantly won with an RTR CEN, only upgraded a few parts, and did it more for bling factor than reliability. His Only DNFs were from clutchbell bearings and motor screws loosening up. And for the Price, i don't think you can beat it.

Truthfully, for someone that just wants to bash, what does it matter if its a little outdated? Can't build any of the cars you mentioned for under $600
__________________
Team Associated RC8.2e - Savox Servos - SMC Batteries - Jconcepts Tires
megasaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 06:46 PM   #12
Tech Lord
 
Integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,303
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by megasaxon View Post

Truthfully, for someone that just wants to bash, what does it matter if its a little outdated? Can't build any of the cars you mentioned for under $600


Actually yes you can.
__________________
Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - Clockwork Engines Team Driver - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 09:45 PM   #13
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 803
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
Both are junky..... buy a good truggy like a Losi,Mugen,AE,Jammin,X-Ray,Kyosho, even a Castor....but don't be buying a HPI Hellfire, its a very poor product thats discontinued and obsolete...And a Revo is more hassle then its worth.... Both a revo or Hellfire will be always breaking and needing repairs, and when they are running they won't come close to the better brands I have recommended.......... It amazes me that there are still Hellfires in circulation, these things weren't any good 5 years ago, why on Earth are hobby stores still trying to trick people into buying them today ?
Someone who don't know what they are talking about.
pdmustgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 09:49 PM   #14
Tech Champion
 
Trevor Williams's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 7,795
Trader Rating: 174 (99%+)
Default

sorry........but in the end.....they are both turds.
__________________
I Support : Team Associated | Reedy Power | LRP | JConcepts | Airtronics | Darkside Designs | Blaze RC | SmacTrac | Stl.Dirtburners
ae RC10-B5M
Trevor Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 11:03 PM   #15
Tech Apprentice
 
Chewwie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 55
Send a message via AIM to Chewwie
Default

right now i have a AE Rc10gt2 FT . and i'm loving it !!!!! ok on the hellfire , my co-worker is selling it to me for 150 and the revo 3.3 with a half-gallon with a hyper.21 turbo engine for about 165 . so ya , pretty good prices i just dunno what to do
Chewwie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -8. It is currently 11:37 AM.



SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0