Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Whats NEXT???

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 07:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

A nitro engine that can be tuned electronically with a hand held device like a diesel engine, with different tune profiles for runtime, power etc., also since it is all controlled electronically, it could auto correct it's own tune to avoid overheating.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:00 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by coviello
i would love to see a nitro engine with EFI!!!
Yes, no tuning, just start and go. The perfect match to that would be CVT(constantly variable transmission) An engine pulley that connects to a pinion/clutch bell with and expandable belt that changes diameter with increased rpms that puts you in the proper gear ratio at all times. Maybe this would put the nitro car closer to the brushless car in quickness and top speed.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:04 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

EFI would require so much hardware it wouldn't be worth it.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

4 stroke motors
Old 08-18-2009, 09:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DANE_TRAIN
EFI would require so much hardware it wouldn't be worth it.
Why?? I think EFI would be ground breaking in Rc world. Think about it for the average person who goes and buys a mt at a local shop usually wants to bash but doesn't no how to tune, first time his car loses a tune he puts the car away n probly won't take it out for awhile because he doesn't wanna deal with the hassle anymore, right there another possible racer at the track each weekend lost all because no one can figure out how to tune an engine. Iv been driving since I was 15 and still suck at tuning that's probly why my engines always go at 3 gallons! Think about it just pulling up to the track n knowing ur ready to go as long as u charged ur batteries and titened the screws no tuning b4 practice or heats or b4 mains just go, that would be an engine I would buy if it was made I wouldn't even care if it was heavy as a bag of stones it would eliminate 70% of my problems!
Old 08-18-2009, 09:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

1/8th buggy made of adamantium, and powered by a Flux capacitor. All buggy's limited to 87mph. If they break 88mph they go back in time to the start of the race again for cheating.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

jeff alessi 801, even if it was possible to make a .21 two-stroke EFI,

You would still have to tune it day to day!
Old 08-18-2009, 10:31 AM
Tech Regular

It would be alot more consistent tho easier and just plain good.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Actually that is a false statement Dane. Do you have to re tune your daily car every day??? That is the whole purpose of EFI, the computer re-tunes the engine to perform based on sensors. It's a feedback system. All you would have to do is turn the key and go. The issue with is that we'd have to have sensors all over the car.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:02 AM
Tech Adept

Forget the cars, I say we get some, or all the big races TELEVISED and watch this hobby really take off.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:03 AM
Tech Elite

EFI on a .21 engine. LOL So your engine now requires electricity to run a pcm, sensors, fuel pump, and injector? Or is it going to use a big bulky fuel distributor like an old school mechanical setup.

EFI is great but it is used to serve a purpose that is not necessary for toy car engines. Its purpose is just plain overkill for our application.

There have been more advancements in the past few years of RC you never know what will be next. For now I am quite satisfied with the stuff that has come out in the past few years like DSM radios and personal transponders even smaller things like DLC coated cranks, big bore shocks, and AKA inserts have been awesome.

I look forward to new ideas but things like EFI and nitrous I think are ridiculous. I cant tell you how many times someone has asked me if I could nitrous my engine. My response is always the same "it already turns near 40k rpm how much more do you think this little thing is capable of before blowing up".
Old 08-18-2009, 11:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jzemaxx
1/8th buggy made of adamantium, and powered by a Flux capacitor. All buggy's limited to 87mph. If they break 88mph they go back in time to the start of the race again for cheating.
Awesome.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by drew07
Forget the cars, I say we get some, or all the big races TELEVISED and watch this hobby really take off.
My dad and I were discussing that Saturday at the RC Pro MidSouth race. How much crap do they show on Speed that your average Joe can't afford to do, but show and RC race and that guy thinks, "Hey, I can get in to that!"
Old 08-18-2009, 11:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default TV

Maybe someone should put together a top notch video of a big race and send it to speed. See if they would air it. I doubt they will send their own crews out in hopes that it will be a hit. Maybe LiveRC or someone who knows how to cover an event could help turn their attention to it.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (88%+)

Originally Posted by jared52
My dad and I were discussing that Saturday at the RC Pro MidSouth race. How much crap do they show on Speed that your average Joe can't afford to do, but show and RC race and that guy thinks, "Hey, I can get in to that!"
+1 Thats what i'm talking about, get the word out!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.