R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 08-17-2009, 06:53 AM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Default What else do I need?

Hey guys I'm going to be getting a new engine for my sc8. I'm still undecided on which one I'll be picking up but my question is what else I need for it such as flywheel, collet and clutch setup or will my stock setup work with a new engine? Like I said I'm still undecided on which one but will be a .21 or .24 .25. Thanks for the help
AsSc8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 07:05 AM   #2
Tech Adept

I'd suggest you run the stock setup with the new engine first. A lot of engines come with a collet but it needs to be a match for the flywheel, so your stock one would be the best option. I know you haven't decided on the engine yet, but here's a suggestion:
http://www.overdriverc.com/proddetai...OSR2001&cat=27
khudzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 08:33 AM   #3
Tech Apprentice

I've ran about 7 gallons through the rtr engine which is why I'm looking to replace soon. So my flywheel and clutch setup should work on other engines other than the rtr one?
Old 08-17-2009, 08:43 AM   #4
Tech Elite

7 gallons on the stock .28 rtr engine is pretty good! You know you can tune well!

You won't need a different flywheel or clutch setup. I think the SC8 uses the same parts the Rc8 rtr uses and they're the same as the FT kit only no anno on the flywheel, al shoes, etc.

So I'd replace the shoes with some after market al ones from amain, 2-1.1 springs and 1-.9 clutch spring. The collet should come with your engine, if it deosn't use the one you have, it either works or it deosn't you'll know pretty quick if you have the wrong collet. Grab a pack of clutch bearings and shims while your there.

I'd suggest a Novarossi N21b with a Dyn 086 or 053 pipe, or the RB S3 with the long RB header and 2020 pipe.
Zerodefect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:17 AM   #5
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerodefect View Post
7 gallons on the stock .28 rtr engine is pretty good! You know you can tune well!

You won't need a different flywheel or clutch setup. I think the SC8 uses the same parts the Rc8 rtr uses and they're the same as the FT kit only no anno on the flywheel, al shoes, etc.

So I'd replace the shoes with some after market al ones from amain, 2-1.1 springs and 1-.9 clutch spring. The collet should come with your engine, if it deosn't use the one you have, it either works or it deosn't you'll know pretty quick if you have the wrong collet. Grab a pack of clutch bearings and shims while your there.

I'd suggest a Novarossi N21b with a Dyn 086 or 053 pipe, or the RB S3 with the long RB header and 2020 pipe.
ok cool thanks for the help Ive allready replaced the shoes with some aluminum ones and I have an assortment of springs and shims. I guess my main concern is that I have everything right off the bat instead of having to order more stuff after the fact to make it work. By the sounds of it the collet is the only questionable part. I'll narrow down my engine choi e and run it by you guys before I place my order. ThAnks for the help.